Best near miss

pezza70

Is that the one where he was clean through on goal lobbed Andy Rhodes (I think) and the ball bounced over the bar? If so, it was a classic! Killie dominated that game, but still lost.

I seem to recall Miguel Simao doing something similar against Kilmarnock. He lobbed the keeper, the ball was heading towards the back of the net and Miguel headed for the corner to celebrate. Somehow though a Killie defender (Lauchlan?) appeared out of nowhere to clear the ball from under the bar. Great recovery.

I seem to recall Miguel Simao doing something similar against Kilmarnock. He lobbed the keeper, the ball was heading towards the back of the net and Miguel headed for the corner to celebrate. Somehow though a Killie defender (Lauchlan?) appeared out of nowhere to clear the ball from under the bar. Great recovery.

I remember that one - that was a real nail-biter of a game. Wasn't that the penultimate game of the season, before we qualified for Europe? Defeat would have meant we couldn't have qualified. There was a terrific Saints crowd through that day.

A near miss that always comes to mind for me is the one at Ibrox when we outplayed them for ages, then Connolly (I think) rounded the keeper and hit it towards the open goal, only for Colin Hendry to dive and keep it out with his hand. John O'Neil(?) then missed the penalty and Rangers went up the other end and scored (Porrini?) to win 1-0. I've got a feeling it might have been a Boxing Day game.