Clyde vs. Saints 29/12/07

Happy holidays. There coming thick and fast which is good because we need to get yesterdays pish out of our systems quickly. So after insisting that we start with the same line up at Stirling, getting my wish and being profoundly disappointed; What to do now??????? Can we hope that they all just had a bad game and will be better on Saturday ..or make some changes. It,s difficult to see how Del can do much to change the personel given what we've got but the defence needs a shake up of some kind. They got lucky at Albion and against a better team would have lost goals I,m sure.Clyde will play there usual defensive game, waste time and generally try to frustrate us , as they have sucessfully done twice all ready this season.We need to use some guile and craft to beat them.I don,t know how many times it,s been said by everyone but I,ll say it again we MUST KEEP THE BALL ON THE GROUND , only using the big howf when it is absolutley necesarry.I'll leave it to you guys to come up with the required team changes although I can see Del going with the same eleven again. If they get the system right and play pass and move they WILL beat anyone in this league but can they do it...???

As Llyod Grossman would say" It's over to you"

WALKING DOWN THE DUNKELD ROAD TO SEE THE MUIRTON ACES

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I canot wait for this game ... NOT!!!!

The coldest, most boring and unatmospheric stadium in the world, 3 points is a must and must hope Dundee and Hamilton start to collapse.

Think i'll go as its only 20 mins away from me, anyone else going to bother going??

Holiday time . No excuse for anyone who is a supporter not to go.I would say they need our support more than ever on Saturday.Close to Perth as well so get your arses down there and lets make our own atmosphere..See you all there....... There's not a team like the Perth St.Johnstone.Hail Hail the Saints are here..............

Holiday time . No excuse for anyone who is a supporter not to go.I would say they need our support more than ever on Saturday.Close to Perth as well so get your arses down there and lets make our own atmosphere..See you all there.......There's not a team like the Perth St.Johnstone.Hail Hail the Saints are hear..............

I can think of an excuse for some people. Money or lack of it. I will be there though.

All this doom and gloom....thank f**k i managed to get a tow rope at B and Q long before xmas as it seems so many "depressed" people are on here just now.....hope my journey to the Clyde game isnt littered with you guys dangling from lamp-posts and bridges....ho ho bloody ho.....We shall overcome.

Friday night is fight nite in Greyfriers......well it was last Friday

you were 10 mins late...good punch up too :mrgreen:

Bobby the guy that got hit is in hospital with a fractured skull and a broken jaw and is very poorly.Police were in yesterday looking for witnesses. Glad I missed it

If we play like we did on Tuesday, only another display of inept finishing will save us. The defence was opened up too easily towards the end of the game as we pushed forward looking for a win. McInnes has said all the right things and been very un-Coyle like in the aftermath, almost verging on being critical of the players. He's said how Clyde will be even more high-energy than Albion and we need to be prepared to match that before we can play like we did against Livingston.

We never play well at Broadwood - or in fact against Clyde - and far too often lose our discipline so it's impossible to go into the game with much confidence, especially after our strikers mis-fired during the week and we are now facing a more solid backline. The one saving grace could be that Clyde find goals hard to come by but whilst I thought the midweek game would be high-scoring (albeit I was wrong), this one has low-scoring written all over it.

The manager has hinted at making changes - and one might be enforced if Quinn fails to recover from his ankle knock - but I don't think he'll vary too much from the weekend, although may change the shape of the side to include Rutkiewicz again.

Last season, although the away record was poor, the performances weren't disappointing but this time round we aren't winning on the road and aren't playing well enough consistently either. Wednesday was a great chance to try and kick-start that away momentum but I can't see it happening on Saturday. It would be nice for once though if post-match at Broadwood, the main talking point wasn't the referee.