Clyde vs. Saints 29/12/07

Only a short trip so no excuses for me.

Can't say I'm full of optimism or excitment but these are the ones we have to grind out and where the players really need our full support. A bit of singinng and cheering will help slow the onset of frostbite at bleak Broadwood.

Got to match their desire and aggression with a real will to win.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A late Xmas present with the news that Dougie Imrie and Steven Masterton will miss the game for Clyde. Two players who have always caused us problems in the past.

Obviously Clyde aren't expecting a big Saints support - only the main stand open and only one set of adult turnstiles for each set of fans.

So that'll be the crap view and the "charming" locals to put up with as well. I can hardly wait :x :)

I'd like to see Daal get a start today to see what he has to offer. I think we were all initially disappointed that he was not going to be the big target man we all hoped for, hopefully his other attributes can convince us he is worthwhile.

Tough one to decide who should be left out though. Perhaps Jacko is the one who would do most damage coming off the bench.

Clyde usually suss us out early on in the match and then employ tactics accordingly. Don't see it being any different today. We'll resort to the long punts. Nobody on our side will manage to score. Can't see us deviating from the usual script as per the first two games against these. Hamilton and Dundee will recover from their 'blips' and we will fall further behind. But... on the bright side, it'll soon be the New Year. :rolleyes:

Clyde will try to stifle us,

we'll take it on the chin,The Saints will play good football,

and hopefully we'll win

The fans they will be happy,I think you'll all agree,

cos then we play the great unwashed, and the will saints trounce Dundee

We'll sing our favourite songs out loud, we'll drink some wine and beer,

the Saints will then have 6 more points,

A great start to our new year.........

Come on you Saintees, come on you Saints...................

We have to make sure we take 3 points from this game- Dunfermline and QOS should win their home games this week, if they do and we lose then we're 2 points from the playoffs.

This is a disgraceful situation, we will need a huge clearout in January.

Put Daal up front and boot the ball up the pitch for 30 minutes, if that's not working then try something different- Weatherston up front.

Forget playing with Milne up on his own, get Daal on form the start.

Worth a try at least.