Demise of Gr£tna FC

St Mikey

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot news...Spartans want to buy Gr£tna......

saw this on reporting scotland - thought at first it was a wind up -but apparently not.

I would imagine that HUNTLY would moan about this plan as they were denied a similar thing when Clydebank fc went out of business - would it mean that the "new" club would be placed in SFL div 1 or would they have to go into the 3rd division ?

Hot news...Spartans want to buy Gr£tna......

I live about a mile from Spartans ground in Edinburgh and can see this working. They curently are building a new stadium which is being partly funded by the council. It has a 500 seater stand, artificial training pitch and is importantly in a well populated part of the city.

I hope this comes off for them as they are a well run community club who have a reasonable support and no ludicrous plans for the domination of the Scottish game.:rolleyes:

I would imagine if this comes to pass they will start in Division 3 - as they should do. With terrific irony their current ground is City Park former home of Ferranti Thistle. Whatever happened to them?............

Gretna will play their outstanding match, pre-split, against St.Mirren on Wednesday. Various rumours on the go that SPL are to cover the costs of tomorrow's game against ICT to ensure it goes ahead and that the rest of the playing squad will be sacked after Wednesday and they will fold.

Sounds pretty desperate and I feel sorry for the true Gretna fans as it appears they're finding out the information on radio news and other websites and nothing from the club's board.

I wish they'd just hurry up and die.It,s very embarrassing the way the SPL are trying to shake two more games out of them and then I , like many others, suspect they will be abandoned like a sick animal left out in the cold to freeze to death.The money thrown at this pointless exercise could have been used for so many more worthwhile projects instead of being wasted just to save the SPL from being shown up as the useless amatuers that we all know they are..It,s a grade 1 ****ing disgrace and they should all be ashamed...

Rant over.

If they fold on the 31st of May then thats my birthday, Saturday night too.

The last time I celebrated another teams misfortune was ordering a bottle of Champagne in Establishment in Edinburgh with my Arab mate after Dundee were relagated.

If they fold on the 31st of May then thats my birthday, Saturday night too.

The last time I celebrated another teams misfortune was ordering a bottle of Champagne in Establishment in Edinburgh with my Arab mate after Dundee were relagated.

Big man. I', in Edinburgh too so bring on the celebration/

The SPL are advancing them their parachute payment to see them through to the end of the season. With crowds like today, its only the SPL's pride that's keeping the club going. They are becoming a bigger embarrassment to the league with each game. The administrator keeps threatening to close the club down knowing the SPL will pay up but after wednesday, they should refuse to pay out anymore and let the club die and amend their rules to avoid this situation happening again

Apparently there were more fans at the East Stirling v Elgin match than at Gretna v ICT!:shock:

Gr£tna v ICT - 431 peeps

Then we have the following!

East Stirlingshire v Elgin - 467 - Bottom of the 3rd Division and more than an SPL attendance! Shocker!

East Fife v Dumbarton - 639

Montrose v Forfar - 590