Saints vs. Greenock Morton 12/04/08

Right.It,s time for the team to get their collective arses in gear,roll their sleeves up and give us a performance that will send us to Hampden a week on Sunday filled with hope and belief that we can progress to the final.The last few weeks have frankly not been good enough.We have created a lot of chances in some of the games,granted,but overall we have been well off the pace.Last weeks game at Hamilton was the cherry on the icing, on the cake.

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!We need to get a decent result and the players need to get the winning feeling back.I,m pretty sure it,s going to be a shite crowd again which is disappointing as well.We desperately need some atmosphere going at McD. Maybe the visit of Davie Irons will get us gee,d up a bit.I hope so. I want to see fight,determination,style,skill,thought,belief and chartecter on Saturday.I want to see flowing football with slick passing moves,the ball being played on the deck and the team getting some width,with players getting to the bye-line and crosses of quality being swung into a packed goalmouth....What I don,t want to see is a laclustre,insipid display of ineptitude and bone idle laziness with huge punts to know one in particular

and the concentration levels of small insects. You may think I,m asking for too much and I probably am but they are capable of it so why should,t we expect it..The team?????I honestly haven't got a Scooby,but I,ll give it a whirl as it would be rude not to.

Main?/Tucuth

Irvine,Rusty,Anderson,Stanic.

Morris?/Quinn?/Weatherston Craig,Moon, Sheerin

McBreen?/ McDonald, Jackson

Subs.Tucuth/Main,Hardie,James,Weatherston McDonald,Milne...

I've heard that Morris is doubtful as is Rocco.Main I,m not sure.I,d have McBreen on from the start if he,s okay after the reseve game....

Whats your opinion??????

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We won't be allowed to play yon trialist will we?

Pretty certain we can't but the amateur route might be open to us. I don't think we'll do that though and he's headed back down south anyone, although is coming back next week.

Can't see Morris or Quinn featuring and would guess McInnes will want to get Hardie more game time ahead of next week. Del is saying all the right things about the game but he's pointed out himself that Morton will be aggressive and look to get in about us. Irons will know that they have to do that as our players might not fancy it and I do worry that our guys won't want to risk missing out on next week. Good to hear that James, Hardie and McBreen are progressing but I think Hardie is the only one that has a chance of starting either game.

Main

Irvine - Rutkiewicz - McManus - Stanic

Hardie - Moon - Craig

Jackson - Milne - MacDonald

Subbies: Tucuth, Anderson, Sheerin, Weatherston, McBreen.

Be good to get a look at Chris Millar ahead of next season as well. Really excited about his arrival as the Morton fans have been raving about his performances over the past few months.

i cant see any fans being too up for this but i will be totally expecting Del to get the players riled up and get a confident win against morton. I think the players will be taking this game very seriously as well due to it being the last game before the semi! Mon saints

I think the players will be up for this one knowing cup places are there for the taking but then that didn't inspire them last week.

Del has some tough decisions . I think he'd like to try his cup team without risking anyone with niggles. Not sure if he'll go 433 or 442 like last week?

so my team is-

Main

Irvine Rusty Ando Goran

Craig Hardie Mooner Sheerin

Jacko Milne

Subs-Bert McManus Morris(needs some match practice before cup so would give him last 15) Peaso McBreen

From OS:

Some long-time absent players come into the starting line-up for this afternoon’s match against Morton. Kevin James and Martin Hardie both put months of injury anguish behind them and David Weatherston joins them in the eleven.

Daniel McBreen gets a place on the bench

SAINTS: Main, Irvine, Stanic, Anderson, James, Craig, Weatherston, Hardie, Jackson, Milne, Sheerin.

Subs: McManus, Moon, MacDonald, McBreen, Cuthbert

Think any apathy will come from the fans. Looking at the team today James and MMM are only 2 of a few in the 16 that want to stake a claim for the semi.

Tomorrow's Partick v Rangers game has more bearing on our season than todays game has. Obviously still always want to see Saints win, but most fans will have more than one eye on next weekend's game.

More from OS:

Two headed goals from top goalscorer Andy Jackson have given Saints a 2-0 lead over Morton at half-time in today's game.

The first came from close range when he got on the end of a David Weatherston cross in 23 minutes and then he headed home in some style from further out just four minutes later after meeting a pinpoint Liam Craig cross from the left.