#22 - 27/12/08 - Clyde (h)

I would think Hanlon will be on the bench for the start of this match. Why take the rick and change 2 of the back 4 to start the match.

Del's previous form suggests that Hanlon will start. Cameron, Lynch Smith and Morgs were all pitched in straight away. If there's any truth in the Hards injury story it frees Liam into midfield.

There must be a reason why the deal was pushed though before 01 January 2009.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply because with McCaffrey suspended and James injured, we're short of defenders at the moment? He sounds a good prospect and it looks as if Del's main target doesn't come off then we could have this lad until the summer

But Kerzo, McKoy or Morgs could have sat on the bench and pretended to be defenders. I'm sure Hanlon will start.

But Kerzo, McKoy or Morgs could have sat on the bench and pretended to be defenders. I'm sure Hanlon will start.

Given that both McKoy and Kerr are no longer at the club and Morgan's last appearance in the team was in midfield then we're still short of defenders. No doubt Hanlon will start with Craig in midfield

Let's hope the players haven't been over-indulgent in the last few days! It is clear where the problems lie. Our midfield isn't creating enough, and the strikers aren't getting a sniff. The defence is our strongest area, and unfortunately that must be rejigged tomorrow, though I'm sure Anderson can step in to do a solid job in place of the suspended Stuart McCaffrey. The big question is whether McInnes will start with new one-month loan signing and Scotland U-19 captain Paul Hanlon at left-back, and push Craig forward, which I feel would benefit the team. We need Liam's attacking prowess, and I doubt McInnes would have made this latest short-term signing if he didn't mean to throw Hanlon straight into the action, especially considering we have other makeshift options in Craig, Anderson and Morgan.

I doubt Hardie would have started tomorrow regardless, so injury doubts probably mean he is out of the starting XI and, in probability, the matchday squad.

Morris has impressed me in recent weeks, and I would love to see Millar beside him in his most effective position, the centre of midfield.

As Radford has said on P&B, it has been hinted that Jackson will start tomorrow. Given Samuel's injury, I think it is fair to say that the most likely partner for young Andy is Derek Holmes. He would benefit from Swankie's trademark delivery on the right wing. It would be a shame to leave out Sheerin, who looked our most creative threat when he came on last Saturday, but we just have too many other options and the probable physical nature of tomorrow's match could pass him by.

Main

Irvine Rutkiewicz Anderson Hanlon

Swankie Millar Morris Craig

Jackson Holmes

It goes without saying that we must improve dramatically in order to beat Clyde. They are our bogey team, and there is no worse time to play them. They proved they are no pushovers with their 4-4 draw against Dunfermline last weekend, and we seem to be in the doldrums at the moment. We must match them in pure physical play, and show we want it more. We must be the first to every ball. It is important that we see a performance and get a result which will relieve the fans, and send out a message to the other teams in the league - that we are at the top and here to stay.

I think hanlon will be on the bench today.. simply brought in as cover for defence.. not brought in to play left back. Craig will play there until del sorts out that position in jan. Ando and rusty with an injured james and suspended caff means no defensive cover.. hence a rushed move for hanlon that couldn't wait till thursday.

Ill go for a saints win, any win will do. Scrappy game, good crowd. Up to us to provide an atmosphere.. mon the saints

I think hanlon will be on the bench today.. simply brought in as cover for defence.. not brought in to play left back. Craig will play there until del sorts out that position in jan. Ando and rusty with an injured james and suspended caff means no defensive cover.. hence a rushed move for hanlon that couldn't wait till thursday.

Ill go for a saints win, any win will do. Scrappy game, good crowd. Up to us to provide an atmosphere.. mon the saints

Where to you get RUSH MOVE????????

Seeing as Del has been chasing they boy since the start of the season, I see no reason for him not to start. Del obviously rates the kid and this is no knee-jerk signing. He will start today and will extend his loan till the end of the season come January.

****ing great signing. Well done Derek McInnes