#24 - 17/01/09 - Partick Thistle (a)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson - Awesome performance. Does not need to lose weight. Brilliant shielding/protection of the ball today. Used his bulk to great effect.

I'm obviously on my own here but... I wsn't impressed by our defence today. Thought the full backs too often covered for centre-backs who went wandering. This in turn restricted their forward forays. Thistle are poor up front yet, my heart was in my mouth on many occasions. I counted four instances of Irvine heading a clearance from the centre of the goal. Irvine was immense today, great to hear his name being cheered to the rafters.

Pitching and Moaning:

Can the posters slagging the pitch give me one example of a bad bounce or bad run? I slated the pitch when I first clapped eys on it, but it appeared to play very well.

i completely agree, we were caught out a few times at the back, good job irvine and hanlon had good games

i think it is time holmes was dropped in favour of sammy or savo

Couple of responses to player comments:

Jody Morris - brilliant first half, played much higher today and looked more tenacious than ever. Dropped deeper in the second half and as a result our strong shape was knackered.

Liam Craig - brilliant play, as ever; truly bizarre, to see him moved to the right wing. Really highlights how weak we are on the right.

I'll gladly pay Swankie's bus fare back to Dundee, what a kiff.

Paul Sheerin - the guys past it.

Jackson - Awesome performance. Does not need to lose weight. Brilliant shielding/protection of the ball today. Used his bulk to great effect.

I'm obviously on my own here but... I wsn't impressed by our defence today. Thought the full backs too often covered for centre-backs who went wandering. This in turn restricted their forward forays. Thistle are poor up front yet, my heart was in my mouth on many occasions. I counted four instances of Irvine heading a clearance from the centre of the goal. Irvine was immense today, great to hear his name being cheered to the rafters.

Pitching and Moaning:

Can the posters slagging the pitch give me one example of a bad bounce or bad run? I slated the pitch when I first clapped eys on it, but it appeared to play very well.

Observations:

*The lack of consistency from our rivals, combined with our own steely unbeaten run, is winning us the league.

*It's worrying that we still haven't filled left back or right midfield slots.

*Great to see Craig and Jackson on song; the future looks exciting.

*Mooner must start against Dunfermline, his passing, harrying and vision are unsurpassed.

Bring on the Pars! Roll on 25/4!!

Apart from what you said about Liam Craig I absolutely disagree with everything you said about the other mentioned players

What you said about Sheerin is unforgivable, how very dare you

I fail to see the love affair with Morris, today was his best game this season but we would be better with Hardie (when fit again)

Jackson did nothing today and blew a really good chance again, for a small guy he's really slow, he does have a great touch though just no idea how to use it

Swankie had a decent game today, if Holmes would run to the near post when we are breaking he would actually have something to aim a cross at

You just want to give Jacko a hug and try to get his confidence up, you can see him trying but just needs that goal again!!!

Couldnt believe the critisism that Homer was getting today round me, the guy won more than his share of headers and yet people were moaning, cut the guy some slack

Swankie well where do you start? dont know how to describe him, one minute he a genius the next hes awful and wimps out of a tackle

Paul Sheerin - the guys past it?????

What game where you at???

Everyone is allowed their opinion but thats p**h!!!

I thought Sheerin had a solid game today.

its a strange one with sheerinho on one hand he can create a goal out of nothing. but his lack of pace when he is at lb or lw is a liabilty

Rubbish, Hardie has scored at least one important goal

Morris has neither set anything up or contributed anything positive

hardie hasnt played well this season, morris has played well

i suppose keeping the ball and picking out passes is a negative thing is it?

hardie hasnt played well this season, morris has played well

i suppose keeping the ball and picking out passes is a negative thing is it?

He does not pick out passes, 99% of his passes are over 2ft to Rutki, Irvine or Craig

The result is then a big pump up the park, he is a midfielder who hardly ever plays the ball to a striker

He does not make himself available after he has passed the ball

While I agree that a large portion, nothing like 99% you miserable hyperbolic ****, of Jodys passes are ball retention passes too the fullbacks, stating that he doesn't make himself available after passing the ball is a blatant lie.

I'm all for opinions, but you might want to actually watch jody play next time your at a saints game. That way you might, y'know, realise your an idiot lacking in perception.

While I agree that a large portion, nothing like 99% you miserable hyperbolic ****, of Jodys passes are ball retention passes too the fullbacks, stating that he doesn't make himself available after passing the ball is a blatant lie.

I'm all for opinions, but you might want to actually watch jody play next time your at a saints game. That way you might, y'know, realise your an idiot lacking in perception.

Wow, a keyboard warrior!

Fantastic

jody brings other people into the game, if the strikers dont make themselves available why would he pass to them? he picked out a few passes today, try watching him

its not his fault if rusty punts it and what exactly has hardie brought to the team this exluding 1/2 goals?

I'm a keyboard warrior because i'm pointing out you are wrong?

I've personally seen with my own eyes Morris make passes and run himself into space looking for the return. Therefore I am right, your "opinion" is incorrect, i'm not being a keyboard warrior i'm just pointing out you are wrong. I know its difficult to accept when people are telling you that you are wrong. But trust me. You are wrong.

He does not pick out passes, 99% of his passes are over 2ft to Rutki, Irvine or Craig

The result is then a big pump up the park, he is a midfielder who hardly ever plays the ball to a striker

He does not make himself available after he has passed the ball

Have to pretty much agree with this, he will not play a forward ball, both him and Miller's first though is back the way, Im all for retention, however to break teams that sit in we have to move the ball forward quickly (that does not mean a big hump, but passed at pace)

It is frustrating because they are both good players I just wish they would be more adventurous, watching the tv agains Rangers we had umpteen options to get the ball out wide but passed it to the center backs instead

Have to pretty much agree with this, he will not play a forward ball, both him and Miller's first though is back the way, Im all for retention, however to break teams that sit in we have to move the ball forward quickly (that does not mean a big hump, but passed at pace)

It is frustrating because they are both good players I just wish they would be more adventurous, watching the tv agains Rangers we had umpteen options to get the ball out wide but passed it to the center backs instead

And hardie is so much better at getting the ball wide/forward?

Compared to Morris, Hardie is better at getting the ball wide and forward, yes. But he doesn't have the movment that Morris has or the determination. Especially this season.

imo hardie has never been the same player after his long term injury. flashes of that player dunfy away. but i would have morris everytime ahead of hardie

Oh yeah patsy I'd have morris over hardie any day. Especially when you look at centre mid and see its our most saturated position. Hardie, Craig, Mooner, Sheerin, Millar all very capable of playing there.

To be honest, I don't see Hardie in a saints shirt next season.

Because Man City will sign him for £1 billion

Morris will be playing for East Fife

Hardie will get stuck into the opposition, provides a physical presence and has scored important goals despite playing with an injury

Since Morris came back into the team our form has dipped

Simple as that

hardie has been a wimp since he came back theres nothing left of mmm. he dives about like c. ronaldo and doues not influence games as he use to