#24 - 17/01/09 - Partick Thistle (a)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardie will get stuck into the opposition, provides a physical presence and has scored important goals despite playing with an injury

Since Morris came back into the team our form has dipped

Simple as that

what hardie have you been watching? there has been little presence from him this season and certainly he doesnt get stuck in, at least not like he used to, this season he has been a shadow of past seasons and because of his injury he shouldnt have been playing

I cannot understand the critisism of Jody Morris he is the best (or one of the) every single week. He doesnt waste a pass, he makes himself available. He holds onto the ball and delays when it is needed, he doesnt put his colleagues in trouble like so many others have this season. Movement around him has been terrible at times, one thing I am certain of, we would lose more goals without him.

Sorry guys, first name on the sheet every week.

I cannot understand the critisism of Jody Morris he is the best (or one of the) every single week. He doesnt waste a pass, he makes himself available. He holds onto the ball and delays when it is needed, he doesnt put his colleagues in trouble like so many others have this season. Movement around him has been terrible at times, one thing I am certain of, we would lose more goals without him.

Agreed 100%

Absolutely agree with this. Always moving into space to receive the ball.

It's very noticeable that the players around him have complete confidence in passing to Jody even when he is in a fairly tight spot because they know he will find a constructive way out.

I would like to see him playing further up the park but let's not forget he has only started 6 or 7 games this season. The best is yet to come!

In terms of skill, only Sheerin is his equal - but Jody has 2 feet!

Jody Morris is the best player we have by a long way. I can't believe some fans on here are questioning his abilty, although everyone is entitled to their opinion there are some on here who obviously are clueless.

We do require a striker but with 5 on the books at the moment we will need to move a couple on first. Holmes and Jackson were very poor yesterday and never looked liked scoring.

Another hard-earned point. We dominated so much in first 45 and concerns about failure to score goals continue. But on a more positive note the unbeaten run continues a,d not wnating to tempt fate, this result probably rules Partick Thistle out, and so now its down to a two-horse race.

On the Jody dispute - I really rate him - but there are a lot of fans who simply don't like the holding role, irrespective of whose playing, Derek McInnes took stick in his last season as a player. I think the most virulent posts are criticising the role rather than Jody himself.

Regarding Jody's role, it is mission impossible.

If the players just give the ball away or hump it up the park they get slaughtered, if they try and retain the ball, try to play football and look for openings they get slated.

Every holding mid field player we have had in my years of supporting Saints has suffered the same abuse.

I think its more the player that plays as a holding player rather than there being a holding role.

I rate him too and the job he is doing.

But, if you were to put Craig and Hardie in the middle they wouldn't be trying to play in this role, they would both be pushing forward.

Partick will fall away in the league race, don't understand how they have done as well as they have with such little quality.

True saintj, oh so true.

But to be fair who do we have in our squad thats a real creative force. I suppose Jody can do the business but not when he's acting as a holding midfielder. Sheerin obviously but he isn't getting any younger. I mean none of our strikers reek creativity. Most of our midfielder are work-horses not defence splitters.

Would be interesting to know who has most assists for saints this season,

if sammy can get a run in the team up front then we may see the best in him because he can pull away markers, skin them if he wants and can create a chance by doing that

there doesnt seem to be a great final ball often enough, i mean, swankie yesterday got into a great position after the defense was cut open, looked up and couldnt pick out homer

its been said before but swankie millar and irvine barely ever take on their man and they have the ability to do so

The problem with Sammy, as you more or less point out, is that his play really does rely on when he wants too. He can drift right past folk sometimes but it just never happens enough to get excited when he's on the ball.

Swankie I'm not sure about. He seems capable of dribbling and not much else.

I suppose thats a fair enough comment. Its difficult not being a footballer knowing how much that must eat away at your desire and confidence.

Still, I'ld love to see him get an extended run in the first team just to see what he can really do. And also partially because its a nice change when almost your entire team comes from Edinburgh or Glasgow to have an Arbroath lad in there.

Good point that and a very good first half performance, shame we couldn't squeeze a goal out of it.

To do a 101 though, I thought Del's substitutions were poor. Craig wasn't the same after he took that knock in the first half, and should have been subbied for Mooner earlier. Holmes was blowing out his arse, and should have been off for Samuel, not Jackson. I don't think Holmes is a 90 minute player personally.

tell me another midfielder who has? morris is the link man in midfield, always available wantin the ball, never hides.

Sheerin, Hardie, Miller and Craig have all contributed much more, is that enough for you?

Morris does not contribute anything positive, he passes the ball to someone who then has to punt it clear up the park, he does not play the ball then make space to get it back

Dasovic was a holding midfielder, hell of a better player for us as he got involved in breaking up the oppositions attacks too

Darren Sheridan played in Jody's role better than Mr Morris has done so far