#28 - 21/02/09 - Queen of the South (a)

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noose up to his old tricks again? Im starting the petition to get that lad banned from all home and away game, a real blight on the St Johnstone support.

I resent this comment and believe I was well behaved on Saturday, although I was told by the polis to "stop the hand gestures" :laugh:

I got in for £3 and still managed to spend £50 all day. :shock:

What I heard her say was that it was an overall poor crowd - at no point did I hear her say that Saints had a poor travelling support.

She definitely mentioned that she had expected a better overall crowd and a better away crowd just after Dinky's goal. Didn't listen after Millar's goal so can't comment on what she said after that.

Great game on Saturday as they nearly always are at Dumfries. I thought we were by far the better team before and after the goal in the first half and were unlucky to go in a goal down. The second half was more even with some cracking goals and even though I thought we were marginally the better team a draw was a fair enough result. The team showed great drive to get back into it at 2-0 and 3-2 which was exemplified by Liam Craig jumping the wall to get a ball back for a bye-kick near the end - the team are clearly incredibly determined not to lose a game and that can only be a good thing for our chances of winning the league.

Byrne did fine for a first start and did nothing to justify some of the abuse he got on here before he even kicked a ball for the club and Gartland looks decent defensively but his distribution could do with a bit of work and I would question the logic of starting both him and Byrne as they did look a bit lost together at times particularly for the 3rd goal. Rusty was excellent again, Irvine was decent. Craig is probably our best player and it's a shame he gets dragged about the field as I think he's strongest through the middle and we look more dangerous when he's there.

Millar was poor until Morris went off, he struggled to pick a pass and seemed to get himself into trouble almost everytime he tried to run with the ball. I know this might be contoversial but I think Jodi being out for a while will be a good thing for the team; he's an excellent player who nearly never loses the ball but I don't think he's necesserily good at this level because he has a tendency to slow play down too much which is great against teams like Rangers but not so good against first division opposition - I know we haven't lost a game since he came back but equally we've lost a bit of the bite in attack that got us started on this run. Sheerin would still be the first name on my team sheet every week.

I thought Samuel was doing OK until he got injured, Savo was decent too. Holmes was excellent, won everything, took his goal well and pissed off the Queens fans by winning so many free kicks.

I can't believe the abuse the Ref was taking from the Queens fans at the end, I thought he had a good game, he let the play flow and wasn't dishing out cards left, right and centre like some refs do.

A word to the Saints fans giving Dobbie abuse - Why? It's not his fault Coyle couldn't spot how good a player he is, he was almost always decent for us and we should never have let him go.

Bit late now but does anyone else think that, having seen the video on YouTube that their 1st goal, the whole ball wasn't over the line?

I didnt say anything but when I watched it I thought the same, and was wondering if it was just me, although its hard to tell from a youtube clip, it dosent appear to fully cross

I think with rusty running into the net, gives the impression of it being over perhaps??

A word to the Saints fans giving Dobbie abuse - Why? It's not his fault Coyle couldn't spot how good a player he is, he was almost always decent for us and we should never have let him go.

The same is happening now with Peaso. Saints will play hard workers over talent. Dobbie was obviously a class player with St Johnstone yet he never got a look in.

The same is happening now with Peaso. Saints will play hard workers over talent. Dobbie was obviously a class player with St Johnstone yet he never got a look in.
I dont think thats strictly true. Dobbie was carrying too much weight and wasnt in tip top condition. I think we would have kept him if my memory serves me right but he wasnt in first team plans at that time and wanted to leave. When he went to Dumbarton was he still with us loaned out? Should have kept him on our books and looked to get him in at another club to get him fit.

I dont think thats strictly true. Dobbie was carrying too much weight and wasnt in tip top condition. I think we would have kept him if my memory serves me right but he wasnt in first team plans at that time and wanted to leave. When he went to Dumbarton was he still with us loaned out? Should have kept him on our books and looked to get him in at another club to get him fit.

Dobbie was told he wasn't wanted and was asked to find a new club. I think the thing about his weight is clearly bollocks anyway, he doesn't look any slimmer or fitter now than he did at Saints, I think (like many of us), slightly tubby is his 'fighting' weight.

You only need to be 10st if you are running around the place like a numpty - that's not his style. Dobbie was never fat, just a bulky player who used his weight to his advantage (his hold-up play was excellent).

Coyle used the weight as an excuse not to play him.

Bit late now but does anyone else think that, having seen the video on YouTube that their 1st goal, the whole ball wasn't over the line?

There is a bunch of photo's on the Queens site, including one taken from behind the goal where it went in and it is over the line per that photo.

He doesnt play for us, so people are entilted to boo if they wish

I'd say that was fair enough if all the ex-Saints on display on Saturday got the same sort of abuse but Dobbie seems to be a special case for some. To turn this mini-debate on its head why did I seem to be the only one booing Jamie bloody McQuiliken when he came on?

I seem to remember Dobster himself saying that he was not fit ,and going to Dumbarton and seeing the life style of part- time players was a bit of a wake up call to him and he decided to work harder in training, i dont have any facts but i believe that he was not one of the keenest on the training ground/ looking after himself in the way of diet, and this was Coyles reason for parting with him, i also see similarities with peaso.For what it is worth i would take Dobbie back in a jiffy, and also like mcdonald, but you cant play them all.