Crowd Predictions..SO WHAT....

cokezone

I was talking about people who just jump on the band wagon when we have a big game and people who just could not be arsed.There are plenty of them out there. OF fans etc who call Saints their wee team. I take great exception to pricks like you who pick bits of text which when shown out of context give a completely different slant.

People overseas and people in the far flung corners of the UK, people working and people who could not afford to go all come into this category which I highlighted within the FULL quote. They would have loved to be there but just couldn't. One Fan was in that situation and through good work of the people on this forum we managed to get him to the game.

Mmmm...

Wee own goal there.

2-0 Cokezone.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghosty will be taking his time to come up with a good enough reason for being the way he is, problem is..... there is no good reason. Would love to meet him and set him straight.

A legend in his own mind !! :laugh:

NO not at all See above for what I actually said. And anytime you want to set me straight, I sit in seat 192 row P East stand. Feel free

Mmmm...

Wee own goal there.

2-0 Cokezone.

Why. I bet I could find things people have said, pick bits and make it look like the're saying something that in fact they are not...I'll say this one last time....

I AM NOT ATTACKING SAINTS FANS WHO CANNOT GET TO ALL, MANY, ANY GAMES BECAUSE OF THEIR LOCATION OR PERSONAL SITUATION. I AM HAVING A GO AT THOSE WHO ARE NOT FANS BUT TURN UP FOR BIG GAMES ...

SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!

Why. I bet I could find things people have said, pick bits and make it look like the're saying something that in fact they are not...I'll say this one last time....

I AM NOT ATTACKING SAINTS FANS WHO CANNOT GET TO ALL, MANY, ANY GAMES BECAUSE OF THEIR LOCATION OR PERSONAL SITUATION. I AM HAVING A GO AT THOSE WHO ARE NOT FANS BUT TURN UP FOR BIG GAMES ...

SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!

Ultimately it's up to an individual whether they attend a given match or not - why does it work you up?

Some people are just more committed to Saints than others and it's up to them whether they sit at home, go to the pub, go to the match or whatever.

The utopian scenario where Saints' several thousand casual fans turn up week in, week out is never going to come true so there is no need to have a go at anyone.

Ultimately it's up to an individual whether they attend a given match or not - why does it work you up?

Some people are just more committed to Saints than others and it's up to them whether they sit at home, go to the pub, go to the match or whatever.

The utopian scenario where Saints' several thousand casual fans turn up week in, week out is never going to come true so there is no need to have a go at anyone.

That's not worked me up Dev. You know what my problem was.I just told you..

People jump on the bandwagon all the time you see it every season with small clubs when they get a big draw in he cup live on the tv or going for the title and suddenly it a sell out and when it come down to the knitted grit tee were the hell are they just look at Gretna and Inverness and the year we one the league back 1990 at McDiarmid park for a example.

That's not worked me up Dev. You know what my problem was.I just told you..

That was fair enough, you had a fair point in your PM.

My post on this thread was commenting only on the content of your previous post. You said you were having a go at people who only go to the big games - I was questioning why you feel the need to have a go at these people. As an example, my dad was at Dens yesterday and he hardly goes to any games these days. What does it matter to you that he only goes to a handful of games a season?

It's just that these 'Glory Hunter' one liners (and I'm not referring to anyone in particular here) are awfy divisive. As can be seen on here a lot of people have been keeping quiet on the subject but have suddenly posted, as feelings are running pretty high. We saw it last season, and the season before, on our cup runs. Surely if people manage to make the journey even once a year and they like what they see they will want to come back for more. It's success (or not) that would eventually draw people back on a weekly basis. People on here (and again, I'm not referring to this particular session) who persistently bring up the subject ,are in danger of alienating the very fans they want to see supporting Saints, hopefully, as often as they possibly can. I mean one guy actually suggested the Ormond stand should be opened for 'Glory Hunters' so they wouldn't mix with the regulars. :) Well excuse them for wanting to attend.

Count to 10 everyone..........

Calm down Ghosty. Firstly, I took the quote posted by monkey at face value, I should have hunted down your quote. So reading in full, it was unfair to be 'quote picked'. By him though, wasnt by me. Secondly, when I posted this thread, there was no mention of names, just a general rant at a group.

Thirdly, I ended by saying we are all one team, off and on the pitch. I dont like people using posts to single out individuals, so I shouldnt have responded to post.

Last, but not least, if you want to talk to your mates about 'glory hunters, crowd predictions, what songs will we sing, who should play etc.. then get yourselfs a private chatroom for your inane drivel. This particular section of our support seem to think they are the lifeblood of StJohnstone, you know what guys... your not.

Please dont use this thread as a way of slagging individually, its not what I wanted. It would seem that most posts are in agreement with original thoughts

Last, but not least, if you want to talk to your mates about 'glory hunters, crowd predictions, what songs will we sing, who should play etc.. then get yourselfs a private chatroom for your inane drivel. This particular section of our support seem to think they are the lifeblood of StJohnstone, you know what guys... your not.

Why should people not use this forum to talk to each other about what songs we should sing and who should play?

Last, but not least, if you want to talk to your mates about 'glory hunters, crowd predictions, what songs will we sing, who should play etc.. then get yourselfs a private chatroom for your inane drivel.

Why would we not talk about such things on a public forum? :confused: I am not a "mate" of Ghostie but I am interested in hearing his opinion on who should play just like I enjoy hearing about everyone elses preferred team and different opinions.

Why would we not talk about such things on a public forum? :confused: I am not a "mate" of Ghostie but I am interested in hearing his opinion on who should play just like I enjoy hearing about everyone elses preferred team and different opinions.

If we took those things out of the forum there wouldn't be much left.

i do'nt care how turn's up on saturday as long as we get a big turn out to cheer the lads on lets Unite under one cause a help push the lads over the finishing line Going back to the financial think again fans are finding it hard this year and next year it going to be even hard for clubs .

Count to 10 everyone..........

Calm down Ghosty. Firstly, I took the quote posted by monkey at face value, I should have hunted down your quote. So reading in full, it was unfair to be 'quote picked'. By him though, wasnt by me. Secondly, when I posted this thread, there was no mention of names, just a general rant at a group.

Thirdly, I ended by saying we are all one team, off and on the pitch. I dont like people using posts to single out individuals, so I shouldnt have responded to post.

Please dont use this thread as a way of slagging individually, its not what I wanted. It would seem that most posts are in agreement with original thoughts

No worries and I am calm (ish):laugh::wink:

Why should people not use this forum to talk to each other about what songs we should sing and who should play?

Didnt make my thoughts clear, and going to fall into the trap of what I'm about to say....... Its where you read a thread about something, then before you know it, your reading about stuff way off the point, most common being the aforementioned. Hope that makes what I'm trying to say a bit clearer. Now that I've been sidetracked exactly as I've just mentioned, not adding anything else, original thread has been a resounding collective annoyance