Scotland fans / Tartan Army

25e Ainslie Place

How does wearing a kilt make someone supporting Scotland look ridiculous? It's our national Dress!

It's not my national dress mate.

The kilt was only ever worn by highland clans until some enterprising wedding outfitter had a brainwave in the 80's. Now it is seen as national dress by sheep who believe that the 45 rebellion was a Scotland v England affair.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone old enough to be employed and wears a football top outside their front door, when they are not actually playing football, is a sad, pathetic individual. FACT.

Oh and the tartan trannies are also an embarrasment.

Yeah, thats why they make them in adult sizes

Incase you didn't know, it's a way of supporting your team, being proud of supporting them and showing that

Tartan Trannies? So Scotland fans are now transexuals for being proud to be scottish and showing this by wearing a kilt (which isn't f*****g chinese is it)

Just because you don't like what someone else is wearing doesn't mean there an embarrasment

Yeah, thats why they make them in adult sizes

Incase you didn't know, it's a way of supporting your team, being proud of supporting them and showing that

Tartan Trannies? So Scotland fans are now transexuals for being proud to be scottish and showing this by wearing a kilt (which isn't f*****g chinese is it)

Just because you don't like what someone else is wearing doesn't mean there an embarrasment

Duh, i know they make them in adult sizes. I know this as i own some. I wear them around the house, in the back garden and occasionally when i play 5's.

I wouldn't wear one out though as i have better, more classy gear.

As for the tranny thing, do you honestly think that to be proud of your country you have to wear a tartan skirt?

i'm honestly embarrassed by some of the posts on this.

I cant see anything wrong wearin ur kilt to games.. Ok some people can have their say that they dont like the fact that we wear our kilts to games and wear a glengarry, but i'm sure theres a whole load more people wearing kilts than jeans at hampden on match day..

I think the folk that dont like it need to get over it! Its not gonna change anytime soon!!!

I cant see anything wrong wearin ur kilt to games.. Ok some people can have their say that they dont like the fact that we wear our kilts to games and wear a glengarry, but i'm sure theres a whole load more people wearing kilts than jeans at hampden on match day..

I think the folk that dont like it need to get over it! Its not gonna change anytime soon!!!

Ha Ha

Thats sounds like " It's my baw and youre no playin":laugh:

2cdil53.jpg

These Saints fans are an embarrasment and give us a bad name. Hopefully we won't qualify for europe again so we don't have to witness this pathetic display of kilts and football tops again.:roll:

YOUR oppinion!! these saints fans were there supporting saints wheather wearing jeans and t-shirt or a kilt and top, they were the 260 or so that spent money time and effort to make sure our team were supported in europe so for you to say you hope saints dnt qualify for europe again shows a complete dissrespect to the club and fans,just because YOU dnt like it.

in that case may i suggest you support a team like carslile untd. no chance of europe and wont be wearing kilts.

YOUR oppinion!! these saints fans were there supporting saints wheather wearing jeans and t-shirt or a kilt and top, they were the 260 or so that spent money time and effort to make sure our team were supported in europe so for you to say you hope saints dnt qualify for europe again shows a complete dissrespect to the club and fans,just because YOU dnt like it.

in that case may i suggest you support a team like carslile untd. no chance of europe and wont be wearing kilts.

I was joking:laugh: I'm one of those idiots that support my country by wearing a kilt abroad.

Edited by Carse of Gowrie Saint

Get a grip FFS, never heard of sarcasm?

I personally don't understand why anyone would wear a kilt to a Saints game, except to attract unnecessary attention to themselves.

The bottom line is anyone can wear what they want.

But when it comes to supporting Scottish teams in europe or supporting the national team, dressing up in kilts, or whatever phrase you want to call it works, it works for the locals and it works for those wearing it. that is a FACT.

It creates a friendly atmosphere from the moment you leave on a trip.

At the airport, and travelling to wherever you are going sometimes thru various countries.

It leaves a lasting impression and there is plenty evidence to prove it.

The kilt has something magical about it, so what if some look complete idiots in it.

It does a job.

The bottom line is anyone can wear what they want.

But when it comes to supporting Scottish teams in europe or supporting the national team, dressing up in kilts, or whatever phrase you want to call it works, it works for the locals and it works for those wearing it. that is a FACT.

It creates a friendly atmosphere from the moment you leave on a trip.

At the airport, and travelling to wherever you are going sometimes thru various countries.

It leaves a lasting impression and there is plenty evidence to prove it.

The kilt has something magical about it, so what if some look complete idiots in it.

It does a job.

Its a point of identity and locals are always warm to it. The only downside is the length of time it takes me to get ready!!!

I'll certainly not stop wearing it.

Whats your point? Would your rather we were still wearing tartan flares and scarfs?

Bay City Rollers anyone?

I love wearing my kilt and jump at the chance to fling it on. Theres no strut like a man in his kilt. Plus the lady's love it.

Do you think a kilt, football strip and Timby boots looks good?

Think about it.