Rewind Festival= Scone

fergiefootball

Not good especially considering he's just arrived in the country.

Shocked to see on Facebook a girl a bit younger post "It's only a wee polish dude, 1 less of them" people have no respect

------------------------

1. Maybe don't perpetuate that ill-will and bad taste by reposting it .....

2. We are very lucky in Scotland to have a strong education in swimming with school classes and the notion of taking our badges. I am not sure how it is in Poland, but we are lucky to be taught to swim from a young age.

Edited by MySpazz

Between The Tay, Almond and Earn......too may young lives take. Hope this is a strong warning to wee dudes who were thinking of doing similar. We had to help my american flat mate who got in to trouble in The Tay at the old bridge at Bridgend decades ago. Thing is when we got near him, he tried to climb on top of us out of panic. Think Rickardo was there that day as well. Thankfully he survived.  

The Tay is a cruel mistress. Grew up in the great N.Muirton and we saw loads of folk summer upon summer wade across to the race course.

The undercurrents are the problem and the fact of all the ruts and hollows created over years of high river levels and flooding.

Very sad news to hear of what has happened.

myspazz its not ok for Dylan to repost something from fb but its ok for you to highlight what Dylan posted????? Superiority complex or what.

------------------------

1. Maybe don't perpetuate that ill-will and bad taste by reposting it .....

2. We are very lucky in Scotland to have a strong education in swimming with school classes and the notion of taking our badges. I am not sure how it is in Poland, but we are lucky to be taught to swim from a young age.

Just read your link Carron.

Makes you wonder what all the emergency services were doing for the last few days, when a body is being recovered at North Muirton.

Not yet been confirmed that the body is one and the same.

Don't get me wrong, I have the greatest admiration for the emergency services.

Reports I read, suggest the guy was wearing a hoodie, which would have quickly filled with water, which would have dragged him under.

My view was that his hoodie was caught on a boulder, which prevented him from being washed down river.

No expert. Just a layman's opinion.

Sad for the family, who had to have this outcome.

R.I.P.

The currents, and tide would have take the guy back and forth. In a drowning the air leaves the body making the cadaver weightless, and therefore it either sinks or floats, dependent on the water flow and currents. After a few days gases build up and the body will rise to the surface.

I did think that the lad must have been clothed, was a poor swimmer otherwise he would not have got into such immediate danger ...its dangerous, but passable for those who are fit, can swim and don't have heavy shoes etc on.

All up It's terribly sad, and very shocking given how many of us have swum in the river.

Thoughts with his family, so sad for them.

:(

Edited by MySpazz