Youth News 2009/10

Dev

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heard TC and the weegie schoolteacher are going to Rangers turnkey the coach was talking about it Dave Black is not sure

Spoke to a mate of mine who was speaking to Tommy Campbell last night at Kinnoulls sportsmans dinner and tommy said its not true and news to him so straight from the horses mouth its not true. or is it ? :wink:

Saints u19 won 3 -2 against Hamilton in the cup well done lads.

Absolutely fantastic stuff and hopefully a real confidence boost for the lads. Any word on the scorers?

Edited to add that I see it was the two lads on the bench yesterday that scored. Reynolds with the opener from the spot and then a Mark Durnan double. From the Accies website:

The u19s lost 3-2 at home to St Johnstone in this afternoon's SFA Youth Cup 3rd round tie at New Southcroft Park. Despite being two down within eight minutes, we had fought back to level the game two mins into the second half, but the Saints winner came in the 72nd minute. We threw everything at them in the closing stages but to no avail. Steven Reynolds gave the Perth side a 7th minute lead from the penalty spot after Ormsby was ajudged to have pushed McIntosh, and a minute later Mark Durnan headed in from a corner. Chris Roxburgh reduced the deficit in the 27th minute, heading in at the near post, and it was a John Sullivan hader in the 47th that squared the game. However Durnan, with his second goal of the game, made it 3-2 Saints.

Edited by Radford 72

Absolutely fantastic stuff and hopefully a real confidence boost for the lads. Any word on the scorers?

I missed our first two goals(:oops:) but it was a Stevie Reynolds penalty and brace from big Vinnie. It was a brilliant, dogged performance despite the worst excuse for officials that the game has ever seen. Hamilton's first was a mistake from the returning Zander but the second was a complete travesty. Three players all offside, the ball was lofted in from 35 yards and finished by one of the players who had been offside. The dickhead on the line said it was "offside, but he wasn't interfering with play". Johnny started to get a bit excited so I intervened and got the linesman a bit excited!

The officials made so many mistakes that frustration was rife and a number of petty "handbag situations" ensued.

Zander went on to have a blinder and took a couple of sore ones. The wingers were quiet but we had no failures against a very good Accies team. Good to see Del at the game and very good that he didn't speak to me. I would not have kept a civil tongue after yesterdays 4-3-3.

Heagney was missing but not missed; the two Stevies were excellent. At the risk of incurring the wrath of every forumer who knows him, we did miss Kelly's fechting and cockiness.

These kids are good.

These kids are good.

Yeah, I made a comment in the post-match thread about some the guys in the Aberdeen side yesterday but I guess the aim needn't be to get them in the first team as a 17-year-old, as they have another year or two at 19s level. It's after that you are really looking for them to push into the first team squad.

I know this was the third round but how many teams are left in? Is that us through to the quarter finals now or just the last sixteen?

Yeah, I made a comment in the post-match thread about some the guys in the Aberdeen side yesterday but I guess the aim needn't be to get them in the first team as a 17-year-old, as they have another year or two at 19s level. It's after that you are really looking for them to push into the first team squad.

I know this was the third round but how many teams are left in? Is that us through to the quarter finals now or just the last sixteen?

Yeah but sometimes a star burns bright for a moment. The Aberdeen guys look quite good, but so did Forsyth, McClune et al. A building is as strong as it's foundations and Del, Doc and Alec are giving our weans a very good grounding. Remember, only Reynolds has tasted the big league and looked very good indeed.

Two interesting points. Zander slowed the game down in a very mature manner today. On a number of occasions we were under the cosh and the defence were at odds with each other, Zander slowed it down and allowed us to re-organise.

When a ball went out for a throw-in, Sheildsy cleverly kicked it miles away to allow us time to regroup. He got a yellow card (despite being a subby) but it was very clever and good to see him "take one for the team". His two bookings at Hamilton in the league were stupid, this one was clever.

No idea how many are left in the competition and I don't care; the boys beat a very ood team and tonight should be a night of celebraton.