Youth News 2009/10

Dev

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the fact that most of their under 19s are now in the first team.

Not sure how many of the original team that beat us 6-0 is now in the first team Cagey I suspect there may be a few, the team that day was:

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20091120/u19s-aberdeen-6-0-st-johnstone_2213048_1880263

The team today was:

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100312/aberdeen-u19s_2212158_1991669

Not sure how many of the original team that beat us 6-0 is now in the first team Cagey I suspect there may be a few, the team that day was:

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20091120/u19s-aberdeen-6-0-st-johnstone_2213048_1880263

The team today was:

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100312/aberdeen-u19s_2212158_1991669

I believe the boy Low and Megginson have been around about the first team.

a good 1-1 draw for the under 19s against Aberdeen today (Given the last time they played Aberdeen ran out 6-0 victors) it is a great result which shows the improvement they have made during the year.

Good to hear that.

101 or Mainstand - what is your opinion of the boy Hemsley? He looked the part when he came in our game against Forfar in the Forfarshire Cup, but i aint heard much about the lad.

Also how about Heagney? I know he has been injured, but have been hearing good things about him.

Good to hear that.

101 or Mainstand - what is your opinion of the boy Hemsley? He looked the part when he came in our game against Forfar in the Forfarshire Cup, but i aint heard much about the lad.

Also how about Heagney? I know he has been injured, but have been hearing good things about him.

Not quite sure who the players are Aitchy. No one in midfield has really shown out for me, I like the big irish lad that plays up front though, Is that Heagney?

According to the SPL site the Under 19's went down 2-0 to Celtic at St Angrews this morning.

Celtic scored 1 in either half to stay top of the league.

Thats right Sporting Integrity FC beat our lads 2-0.

Our lads have half a dozen injuries and prefer to play the games on a Friday as it allows our already thin squad to play Reynolds and May etc, wheras Sporting Integrity with a huge squad and resources refused to play on a Friday.

When 2 teams cannot agree on a date, then SPL rules dictate that Saturday is the outcome.

2-0 defeat is a moral victory in my book given the respective resources and background to the match.

Sporting Integrity FC cheats since 1888

Our lads have half a dozen injuries and prefer to play the games on a Friday as it allows our already thin squad to play Reynolds and May etc, wheras Sporting Integrity with a huge squad and resources refused to play on a Friday.

When 2 teams cannot agree on a date, then SPL rules dictate that Saturday is the outcome.

2-0 defeat is a moral victory in my book given the respective resources and background to the match.

Thanks for that. I wondered about the game being played on saturday.

They realy are a shower of tossers!.

Do you think if we were at the top of the league and someone said to you can we change the fixture so that we can get a stringer side out against you, we would do it? I think not. God i would not even do it for my under 14s,

Do you think if we were at the top of the league and someone said to you can we change the fixture so that we can get a stringer side out against you, we would do it? I think not. God i would not even do it for my under 14s,

They do it against every team in the league. Thats their way. They know it will inconvenience most of the others to play on a Saturday with the U21 bench rule.

Sorry cant agree with your angle mainstand

They do it against every team in the league. Thats their way. They know it will inconvenience most of the others to play on a Saturday with the U21 bench rule.

Sorry cant agree with your angle mainstand

Celtic have not played a friday under 19 match this season. When all the teams joined the league theyt knew what the set ko time and day was, if you are running a team would you agree to change the kick off time and day to allow your opponents to field a stronger team? I would think not.

I am not sure how many teams playing on a Saturday will affect. Saints were only affected yesterday because of injuries as they already had Davidson, Connolly and Fakingham who are not eligible for the under 19s in the squad.

Do Rangers not play most of their games on a Saturday too?

Yes as Saturday is the preferred SPL date, BUT lots of teams are inconvenienced by Saturday as it means losing up to 3 of their best players, so play on a Friday as is bourne out by looking at www.scotprem.com and the fixture list

All I was saying was that we are down to the bare bones due to small squad/injuries, then to compound it all we have to do without May and Reynolds. Our bench was full of young U16s.

We asked to play on Friday but were denied and the default date of Saurday kicked in.

Most other opponents would have and HAVE already compromised and played on a Friday.

I dont buy Mainstands idea that he would do exactly the same as Sporting Integrity FC to seek to gain an advantage. If it was THEIR home game I could have understood but it was not.

Surely they dont need to gain an advantage, given the fact of the respective resources?

It must be so frustrating for the boys and Alec to be asked to compete on the terms of others with one hand tied?.

It was OUR home game after all, and to answer your question about Rangers, if we were due to play them as our home match, im sure we would have been allowed to play on a Friday.

I spoke to someone at Rangers who said that Friday is normally OK with them if the opponent is at home and wishes this.

HH

No youth match today but I watched an there training at Perth, have to say what a great life these boys have. getting the opportunity to go out and play football for a living and get the opportunity to make a good living for themselves.

There training was sharp and had lots of variety in it and loads of smiles and happy faces at the end of the training which is a massive thumbs up to Alex who played his part in that taking part in all the exercises and games.

Just hope these boys know how luck they are grasp the opportunity with both hands .