January Transfer Speculation Thread

john1962

I'm told that they're very, very good mates. Bob is a terrible player. Hope he disnae sign.

Disagree thought he was a good player at Motherwell and played a pivitol role under McGee that took Well to the UEFA cup with him sitting in front of the back four

Not the type of player we need but wouldnt say he was rubbish

One player I'd like to see us go for is Dominic Shimmin of Morton. Really impressed by him last season and he's still only in his early twenties. Good grounding at Arsenal and will be eager to play at a higher level.

Thoughts?

Edited just for me, Rads?!

I thought we played to his strengths on too many occasions. I reckon that Del is correct in saying that if you play the ball on the deck, Shimmin would be shown up. Not sure how his attacking forays would work in the big league. Having said that, I've only seen him play against us.

Word on the street is that José Monteiro de Macedo will shortly pitch up in Perth, hoping to win a deal with the mighty Perth Saints.

Hope his girlfriend comes with him - and Aitchy doesn't try to be-friend her on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Vanessa-Monteiro-De-Macedo/564432924

Brazilian born, moved to Algeria now in Sweden.

Edited by soulfulsaint

One player I'd like to see us go for is Dominic Shimmin of Morton. Really impressed by him last season and he's still only in his early twenties. Good grounding at Arsenal and will be eager to play at a higher level.

Thoughts?

I saw him in the paper today, something about his game sat, and thought he would be worth a try at this level. had been kind of hoping James McPake had ailed at Coventry and was looking to come back up the road. No such luck though I dont think.

I saw him in the paper today, something about his game sat, and thought he would be worth a try at this level. had been kind of hoping James McPake had ailed at Coventry and was looking to come back up the road. No such luck though I dont think.

He seems to be doing alright for himself down at Coventry

Joe Cardle notched a second half hat-trick off the bench for the Pars at the weekend.

He's 22 and an attacking midfielder. Is he any good and capable of a step up to the SPL?

Highly rated but also highly strung. Belted one of his team mates during a game for the Diamontes and got sent off! Still hot headed at training *allegedly*!

He'll do well down there I think. Rare to see a centre back at First Division level with the sort of pace McPake had. For all their faults, it's some youth system at Livingston. There is a story doing the rounds though that they had a clause in Dorrans' sale that entitled them to 25% of any future sale. He's now valued at £4,000,000 but Massone sold the clause back to WBA for £50,000 last season!

As 101 Saint says, Joe Cardle seems to be a bit of an arse and on what I saw last season is nowhere near our level. He's behind Willie Gibson (failed at Killie) and David Graham (failed at Hamilton) in the pecking order at EEP as well.

As 101 Saint says, Joe Cardle seems to be a bit of an arse and on what I saw last season is nowhere near our level. He's behind Willie Gibson (failed at Killie) and David Graham (failed at Hamilton) in the pecking order at EEP as well.

Cheers, just his efforts at the weekend caught my eye. :D