Training on McD?

tony_polster

I was wondering how many sessions the team have on the McD pitch, if any? Watching Scotsport last night I felt that it seemed like a number of players use parts of their home ground, i.e. Entrances, particular advertising boards etc, to work out where they are in relation to the goal mouth.

The one player that springs to mind most is Riordan. Against Falkirk he took his second goal very well but seemed to know he had to hit it on the half volley or his chance was gone. Against us, he seemed to have his angles right to get his shot just past Main and inside the post.

The stand out chance Muzz had in the second half seemed like it would have been better placed to Cherny's left and I'm not entirely sure Muzz knew where the goal was, obviously the keepers positioning has its part to play too.

On Saturday the pitch was looking like it had suffered from the weather in parts already this year, so maybe this isn't an option, but I would say its vitally important for the team to be familiar with their home surroundings.

The Hamilton goalie said that the Ormond goalmouth was full of sand.

Given that they appear to have good working relationships with the SRU I wonder if they will get a loan of the new grass growing lights that they have purchased. I notice Celtic have also bought them. They allow nearly half the puitch to be covered in artificial light. Read somewhere that the lights are used to grow tulips in holland.

The Hamilton goalie said that the Ormond goalmouth was full of sand.

Given that they appear to have good working relationships with the SRU I wonder if they will get a loan of the new grass growing lights that they have purchased. I notice Celtic have also bought them. They allow nearly half the puitch to be covered in artificial light. Read somewhere that the lights are used to grow tulips in holland.

Dinnae tell the junkies... UV lamps equals well tanned hash heids that don't pay their electricity bills leaving the rest of us to subsididse their criminality!! Rant over

I was wondering how many sessions the team have on the McD pitch, if any? Watching Scotsport last night I felt that it seemed like a number of players use parts of their home ground, i.e. Entrances, particular advertising boards etc, to work out where they are in relation to the goal mouth.

The one player that springs to mind most is Riordan. Against Falkirk he took his second goal very well but seemed to know he had to hit it on the half volley or his chance was gone. Against us, he seemed to have his angles right to get his shot just past Main and inside the post.

The stand out chance Muzz had in the second half seemed like it would have been better placed to Cherny's left and I'm not entirely sure Muzz knew where the goal was, obviously the keepers positioning has its part to play too.

On Saturday the pitch was looking like it had suffered from the weather in parts already this year, so maybe this isn't an option, but I would say its vitally important for the team to be familiar with their home surroundings.

Perhaps it is because Derek Riordan is an outstanding finisher?

Murray Davidson's effort was a great strike matched by a brilliant save. I'm not sure what more he can do other than put a powerful shot on goal that was heading just inside the post!

Dinnae tell the junkies... UV lamps equals well tanned hash heids that don't pay their electricity bills leaving the rest of us to subsididse their criminality!! Rant over

No we don't subsidise them directly as they usually tap into the local street lamp :shock:

Oh for **** sake.

Care to ellaborate?

Perhaps it is because Derek Riordan is an outstanding finisher?

Murray Davidson's effort was a great strike matched by a brilliant save. I'm not sure what more he can do other than put a powerful shot on goal that was heading just inside the post!

I appreciate Riordan is one of the best finishers in Scotland, he was the first that came to mind but there are lesser players who seem to have an equally good understanding of their surroundings.

My point about Muzz was that it seems he possibly thought he was further across the field than he actually was and thus hit the ball to his left, maybe a better understanding of his surroundings, through training on them, would have lead to him hitting it straight and possibly scoring. Again, this is only one example.

No we don't subsidise them directly as they usually tap into the local street lamp :shock:

Trust you to know! :wink:

Care to ellaborate?

I appreciate Riordan is one of the best finishers in Scotland, he was the first that came to mind but there are lesser players who seem to have an equally good understanding of their surroundings.

My point about Muzz was that it seems he possibly thought he was further across the field than he actually was and thus hit the ball to his left, maybe a better understanding of his surroundings, through training on them, would have lead to him hitting it straight and possibly scoring. Again, this is only one example.

Trust you to know! :wink:

Lets just be thankful that he hit the target.........each day as it comes and all that....