#21 - 26/12/09 - Motherwell 1-3 Saints - SPL

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Gannon knew nothing of Scottish fitba nor his own players. He made mistakes and fixed them. My argument is that Del should not be making such mistakes. It is a blindngly obvious fact that Mooner cannot play wide and it is even more obvious that he cannot play left.

Not fixing them quick enough.

Motherwell are in freefall. No win in 7.

I dread to think what you would be saying if we had no win in 7, given the form we are in at the moment and you still aint happy

Not fixing them quick enough.

Motherwell are in freefall. No win in 7.

I dread to think what you would be saying if we had no win in 7, given the form we are in at the moment and you still aint happy

When he leaves us, we will instantly improve. The trouble is that folks will point to Sandy Clark improving Luggy's team and justify McInnes tenure that way. The man is costing us points, places and money.

I don't post too much but read a lot and have just found a great way to improve the quality of the forum:

Go to 'User CP'

Click on 'Edit Ignore List'

In the 'Add a Member to Your List... ' box type 101 Saint.

Click on 'OKAY'.

Click on 'Save Changes'.

Just done it myself and the quality of the forum has gone up already.

Haven't had time to read the rest of the thread, but just wanted to say how great it was to see Peaso coming back like that. His all-round performance over the whole match probably wasn't all that great, but the goals will give him a huge boost and might just have transformed him from a fringe player heading for the exit to practically first choice striker. Personally I still believe he's our best front player, and with a run in the team he'll be able to show that - especially if he has a fit Savo alongside him, as their styles seem to compliment each other very well.

Thought Smith made some fantastic saves to keep us in the game in the first half, and MacKay was also really good.

I think the team that started the second half on Saturday would have to be our line-up for the Hibs game (if it goes ahead) - bringing in Craig and Savo for Moon and The Doctor made a huge difference, and I'd like to see both playing regularly from now on. I do feel a bit sorry for Moon because he's obviously a good player individually, but I also have to say that I really struggle to see where he's going to fit into the team now. I'd only ever play him at central midfield (I don't understand playing him wide left or wide right when we have Craig, Sheerin, Morais and Swankie who are all far better in the wide positions), but I also wouldn't pick him ahead of either Davidson or Morris (I think a Morris-Moon partnership would be too small to work long-term). So I think the team as a whole probably works better without him, unfortunately. I think Del has been playing him out of position because he recognises that he deserves to get a game, even though there's not a space for him in his naturaly position, but if it's not working for the team as a whole then the team has to take priority.

Del undoubtedly got his selection and tactics wrong for the first half, but changing things round and ending up with a terrific 3 points from a hard away game is certainly good enough for me.

I don't post too much but read a lot and have just found a great way to improve the quality of the forum:

Go to 'User CP'

Click on 'Edit Ignore List'

In the 'Add a Member to Your List... ' box type 101 Saint.

Click on 'OKAY'.

Click on 'Save Changes'.

Just done it myself and the quality of the forum has gone up already.

there is a problem with that - your ignored member is quoted so much that you end up reading a (un)fair proportion of his/her input. It is far easier to simply read it and leave it.