Grand prix f.1.

ANDY5565

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Bull seem to be more capable in determining pit stop strategy than other teams. The one-stop yesterday was crucial even tho' they messed it up. I don't understand the rules as regards tyres. How come some teams were forced to make multiple stops as they had to use other tyre types i.e. Soft - Super-soft etc. yet Red Bull could have quite legitimately stayed with the one type all race if they'd had to??

Red Bull seem to be more capable in determining pit stop strategy than other teams. The one-stop yesterday was crucial even tho' they messed it up. I don't understand the rules as regards tyres. How come some teams were forced to make multiple stops as they had to use other tyre types i.e. Soft - Super-soft etc. yet Red Bull could have quite legitimately stayed with the one type all race if they'd had to??

No they couldn't have.

In a dry race, every team must use the prime and the option tyres at least once. That means that every team must make at least one-stop to change tyres. They can make more stops if they need/want to.

In a wet race, you don't need to use both types of tyres.

Tks, and of course they took a risk and opted for the single change. It certainly paid off. Cheers.

I think they got very lucky with the restart. Even though Monaco is tough to pass I think Alonso and Button would have got past Vettel if the race had went to the finish without the restart.

Shummie made F.1 go stale. too much of a champion! it aint the same these days.a bit like watching the S.P.L.?we know in dvance who is going to win.the cars fiability are important(Red Bull prouving this,as a Ferrrari before them) then comes the drivers skills,followed by the crew...repeat again..F.1. aint F.1 with out pit stops. if they want to change rules for experimental reasons,then they should try for a season or two..3 imposed pits(might have to prolonge the race some more tours). the combination of the driver,the car and the crew would be proof to who is the best TEAM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...