make mcdairmid a fortress

themole

i think we need to start the campaign to get more people into mcdairmid and noise it up making it into a fortress so that team are scared to come to mcdairmid park, when we are at home make it as noisy as possible no matter who we are playing,

we need the whole of the east stand to be signing

i think we need to start the campaign to get more people into mcdairmid and noise it up making it into a fortress so that team are scared to come to mcdairmid park, when we are at home make it as noisy as possible no matter who we are playing,

we need the whole of the east stand to be signing

who are the east stand to sign?

we need to work on the people in perth 1st before we look at getting them to the football, perth is just full of snobs or moshers, 2 things that dont enjoy football.

I said before that saints need to get involved in the community and start visiting villages around perth to bring in a support just as ross county did!

I said before that saints need to get involved in the community and start visiting villages around perth to bring in a support just as ross county did!

I seem to remember some years back saints runing buses from some Perthshire towns, I'm sure Crieff was one of them. Agree that Saints should be more involved in the community, get players into Perthshire schools for coaching etc.

I'm afraid no matter what initiative is tried it will probably fail as the SPL simply does not give value for money in these austere times. It costs a family of 4 about £70 to go to a home game by the time they get programes, pies, travel etc while getting frozen and/or soaking into the bargain. They could got to the movies and a meal for half that price.

Not Saints fault, they're just charging the going SPL rate. If fear attendances will continue to drop until we get realistic pricing and yes, Summer football.

Good idea themole, but will be hard to put it into plan.

Even if McD was full and everyone singing (which would never happen anyway), I don't think it would be classed as a fortress. 7000 people wouldn't create an atmosphere that could intimidate IMO.

Could definitely lift the home team though.

Good idea themole, but will be hard to put it into plan.

Even if McD was full and everyone singing (which would never happen anyway), I don't think it would be classed as a fortress. 7000 people wouldn't create an atmosphere that could intimidate IMO.

Could definitely lift the home team though.

Could we not advertise it as a "Jehovah witness" day :oops:

We have a good manager who has a team that plays attactive football. We score a lot of goals and are attack minded. We have had some high scoring games against teams that are more likely to do better than us. We have an okay stadium that is comfortable and with good views. We charge what is the "average" for SPL matches. We have many expenses to pay and letting people in for a fiver just does not make economic sense.

I feel that the club has done their bit over the past two years. It is the apathy of the perthshire public that we need to breakdown.

All suggestions on a stamped addressd envelope.

Need to push more of whats on next at mc diarmid.

There is a need for large advertising billboards at the entrance of the stadium facing the creiff road,with coming soon or next match,special offers ,fan days,the amount of traffic that pass with people who dont read the pa any more(most folk)or read on here,they would see it and spread the word with family and freinds,also big italian style photos of saints stars now with the new strip on (ON SALE NOW) SAINTS CANT REST ON THERE MORALS thats why mc donalds,coka cola ext are on every second advert on tv.

Also a big bug bare of mine is for god sake let the kids in with flags,vovozellas,horns,tiker tape and liven the place up.Get rid of the pathetic rules that dont seem to aply when watching scotland at hapmden park.:evil:

singapore - I wasnt saying charge every game a fiver, just one or two a year when we open ormond stand to home fans like what we did couple years back v qots. just to try and get in some extra pundits.

tbh this thread is also old news, there were suggestions on here what to do and nothing will ever get put forward, the board seem happy at where they are. it would be good to hear what plans, if any, were in place to emphasise the support and extend it numbers.

morientes we mite take up that idea when we need north stand knocked (exploded) down. :oops:

singapore - I wasnt saying charge every game a fiver, just one or two a year when we open ormond stand to home fans like what we did couple years back v qots. just to try and get in some extra pundits.

tbh this thread is also old news, there were suggestions on here what to do and nothing will ever get put forward, the board seem happy at where they are. it would be good to hear what plans, if any, were in place to emphasise the support and extend it numbers.

morientes we mite take up that idea when we need north stand knocked (exploded) down. :oops:

The Ormond day didnt work though!!

:laugh:

Don't think even that many jehova's would be intimidating.

If we rented out the stadium to muslim radicals then that might do the trick.

they would probally fill it better than saints fans would..saints probally make more from one of their conventions than they do from their home support...any stats to confirm this

Why would we want extra pundits?:wink:

When there is two thousand home fans in the pissing rain in mid-winter against the likes of Killie and everyone is sitting there freezing wishing they were in the 208 we could unveil a huge banner "Welcome to Hell" with the letters done like dripping blood. Irony, see?

There is just not the culture in this country like parts of Spain, Italy, Turkey where fans are in the ground for hours and there is a cauldron-like, hostile atmosphere.

These ideas like billboards etc keep getting trotted out but IMO they would have limited if any return on investment. People in Perth know who St Johnstone are and where they play, it's not hard to find out when the matches are on but there are thousands of potential fans sitting at home or in the pubs week in week out. There are many reasons why.