Accounts

Radford 72

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 1884 and Joe McGurn have it spot on, its a bit of an insult to offer 30p a share, whats that all about, I presume that its few and far between that shares actually do get sold/traded, there is no way that i'll be selling my shares as others have pointed out its not about the money Geoff.

Why is it that he needs more shares anyway?

Does anybody know if you can get hold of a list of shareholders?

There cant be that many people out there that actually do have shares in the club, i know i bought mine at the time because i am a supporter of St Johnstone and not just to make money out of them not that i would at 30p a share.

If anyone has the accounts (even last years) can they say what the number of shares issued are and the share value?

The shares have no value as such as they are not publicly traded, the stated value is 0.25p per share.

The number of shares in circulation is 675,000 of which 130,000 are held out with the board .......

so when the club needed us to save them from what looked like closing the doors, the fans put in £130,000 of there hard earned money aswell as all the money spent going to games when, lets be honest not many were. We were at the bottom of the pile and had a ground that had seen its best along time since.

And now, they offer 30p a share.

Got to tell you. I smell sh1te

so when the club needed us to save them from what looked like closing the doors, the fans put in £130,000 of there hard earned money aswell as all the money spent going to games when, lets be honest not many were. We were at the bottom of the pile and had a ground that had seen its best along time since.

And now, they offer 30p a share.

Got to tell you. I smell sh1te

I think you may be wrong with your calculation, 130,000 x 0.25p equates to £32,500.00 which was the original investment amount from the fans.

However I don't think it is the Board needing more shares, if you read the letter from Grant Cullen it states it is to streamline administration. I would imagine it would be quite expensive to administer all those individual shareholders and no where in the letter does it mention you have to sell. I genuinely think this is to save money on administration. It can't be cheap dealing with what could be, over 1000 different shareholders.

They do ask if you could advise them of your email address so they could elctronically send out accounts and shareholder related items, which would dramatically cut the cost of dealing with shareholders. I would doubt if the Board would want anymore shares, they have 81% already.

I think you may be wrong with your calculation, 130,000 x 0.25p equates to £32,500.00 which was the original investment amount from the fans.

However I don't think it is the Board needing more shares, if you read the letter from Grant Cullen it states it is to streamline administration. I would imagine it would be quite expensive to administer all those individual shareholders and no where in the letter does it mention you have to sell. I genuinely think this is to save money on administration. It can't be cheap dealing with what could be, over 1000 different shareholders.

They do ask if you could advise them of your email address so they could elctronically send out accounts and shareholder related items, which would dramatically cut the cost of dealing with shareholders. I would doubt if the Board would want anymore shares, they have 81% already.

So they will be doing the same said streamlining with season tickets, junior saints etc. I get 1 letter a year from them, thats all.

I hope they have went through all other tasks that can be streamlined before coming up with this.

In this years accounts there is no mention of what the share ownership is within the board, they used to show it in years gone by, but i only recall 2 people having them, i dont think most of the board actually have any shares, although steve brown electrical and steve park plumbing and G S Brown construction all take money out of the club, not saying this is wrong, just a fact.

Capital - £157,500 divided into 630,00 Ordinary Shares of 25p each.

I have e-mailed Grant requesting that he take me off his snail-mail list for any shareholder related issues.

Capital - £157,500 divided into 630,00 Ordinary Shares of 25p each.

I have e-mailed Grant requesting that he take me off his snail-mail list for any shareholder related issues.

I stand corrected, just checked, the original offering was 630,000 not 675,000, apologies.

The company I work for do this. It costs nothing to send a pdf but it would cost a fair bit to send round hundreds or thousands of reports and letters.

The shares have no value as such as they are not publicly traded, the stated value is 0.25p per share.

The number of shares in circulation is 675,000 of which 130,000 are held out with the board .......

All shares have a nominal value in this case 25p so by offering 30p they are giving you a 20% premium.

Can see why they are trying to reduce costs. I assume the club are simply buying the shares and the offer is not from any individual.