Accounts

Radford 72

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60k down is not too bad considering the weather Was against us last year and the increase in wages.

I would thnk gb is chuffed with our 1st year back in the spl.

With a wee bit of luck, a better draw in the end of season split we could easily turn that loss around.

Accounts came with a letter offering shareholders 30p for their shares.

Saying they are trying to reduce the amount of shareholders.

I would be shocked if anyone sold them, they are held by the ordinary fan to treasure not to make money.

60k down is not too bad considering the weather Was against us last year and the increase in wages.

I would thnk gb is chuffed with our 1st year back in the spl.

With a wee bit of luck, a better draw in the end of season split we could easily turn that loss around.

Accounts came with a letter offering shareholders 30p for their shares.

Saying they are trying to reduce the amount of shareholders.

I would be shocked if anyone sold them, they are held by the ordinary fan to treasure not to make money.

Really John. I surprised at that. we are a community club involving the community but the club are trying to reduce the amount of ordinary fans holding shares strange very strange.

Really John. I surprised at that. we are a community club involving the community but the club are trying to reduce the amount of ordinary fans holding shares strange very strange.

No inside steer on this but one thing that many clubs struggle with is the 'scattered' nature of shareholders, when fans own small numbers of shares - as John says - for dedication and emotional attachment, and not for profit. This can become a problem across generations it took the Celtic rebels three years to find shareholders, many of whom were widows in America before they could unseat a failing board. Its not uncommon for people to buy new born kids shares as a gift for life, then they lie in a drawer unloved as the kid leaves Perth and has not great attachment to Saints. It would be interersting to se how 'active' our shares are. Suspect many hundreds of them are with unkown people in unkown places.

I would have set ticket prices at £25 last year and an ST @ £300.

I don't believe that crowds would differ much.

The Aberdeen crowd is irrelevant, one game in isolation is meaningless. The 500 crowd had extenuating circumstances which aren't mentioned on the website.

Just to pick up on this point. Your right it wouldn't affect prices too much as us idiots that go every week would pay it. However, casual fans who do not have an unhealthy addiction would continue to not bother. My wife likes coming to watch Saints but will only come to 3 or 4 a season as its ridiculously expensive for the product. We lose out on these casual fans becoming die hards and are affecting our crowds for the future.

Were putting a lot of faith in the youngsters holding the club up in years to come.

Just to pick up on this point. Your right it wouldn't affect prices too much as us idiots that go every week would pay it. However, casual fans who do not have an unhealthy addiction would continue to not bother. My wife likes coming to watch Saints but will only come to 3 or 4 a season as its ridiculously expensive for the product. We lose out on these casual fans becoming die hards and are affecting our crowds for the future.

Were putting a lot of faith in the youngsters holding the club up in years to come.

If the prices go up any more then attendances will crash. Everything is going up in price but football is not a necessity. Personally I have had to take a 3 grand wage cut to keep my job. I now have very little spare cash and did not take a summer holiday in order to buy my season ticket and go to the odd away game.

Where the change NEEDS TO COME is PLAYERS WAGES WHICH MUST BE CUT, not just at Saints but across the board. No doubt in time the Premiership wage bubble will burst and then wages will fall to a realistic level. Until that time Saints need to balance the line between paying wages to get as high up the league as we can with our limited fan base.

Player greed will kill the game but this is something that is out with Saints control.

If the prices go up any more then attendances will crash. Everything is going up in price but football is not a necessity. Personally I have had to take a 3 grand wage cut to keep my job. I now have very little spare cash and did not take a summer holiday in order to buy my season ticket and go to the odd away game.

Where the change NEEDS TO COME is PLAYERS WAGES WHICH MUST BE CUT, not just at Saints but across the board. No doubt in time the Premiership wage bubble will burst and then wages will fall to a realistic level. Until that time Saints need to balance the line between paying wages to get as high up the league as we can with our limited fan base.

Player greed will kill the game but this is something that is out with Saints control.

You want Saints to cut wages?

I think he wants players to take a wage cut, not just saints but across the board.

I hope that's what he means. I wouldn't swap my £17K job for life in order to play football for Saints wages - unless the club offering me terms were Saints!! A fitba player's career is short and the money at Saints ain't good by anyone's standards.

Good point 101. Its easy to look at folk like Joe Cole with their 80,000 a week and criticize their wages and their lavish lifestyle. A years work and thats them and their kids set up for life.

Our level is a bit different though. I don't know specifics for players wages although I do recall being told a few years ago that one of our players was on £1500 a week. I mean yeah its a decent wage to get paid for playing football but like you say, its not gauranteed work and its a fair chance that by your mid 30's you arn't earning anymore.

Attendance today was mildly dissapointing. Was in the Main stand today for a change and the East Stand looked a bit lacking. Might just have been the absurd amount of Dons fans though. Cutting prices isn't the way forward. I've got friends who arn't interestd in football and it doesn't matter if its a fiver or twenty, its just not something they go for.

The die hards go whatever the price so really, pricing doesn't do a lot to swing things unless its absurdly low or absurdly high.

I would have set ticket prices at £25 last year and an ST @ £300.

I don't believe that crowds would differ much.

The Aberdeen crowd is irrelevant, one game in isolation is meaningless. The 500 crowd had extenuating circumstances which aren't mentioned on the website.

Increasing the price of football beyond it's value exactly is exactly the same as increasing the price of a fish supper simply to suit the fact that whilst it might be a good fish supper the guy frying it is a crap businessman and so needs more money to keep him going.

Thankfully the guy who owns the local football team has a better business brain than the local chipper owners.

Good point 101. Its easy to look at folk like Joe Cole with their 80,000 a week and criticize their wages and their lavish lifestyle. A years work and thats them and their kids set up for life.

Our level is a bit different though. I don't know specifics for players wages although I do recall being told a few years ago that one of our players was on £1500 a week. I mean yeah its a decent wage to get paid for playing football but like you say, its not gauranteed work and its a fair chance that by your mid 30's you arn't earning anymore.

Attendance today was mildly dissapointing. Was in the Main stand today for a change and the East Stand looked a bit lacking. Might just have been the absurd amount of Dons fans though. Cutting prices isn't the way forward. I've got friends who arn't interestd in football and it doesn't matter if its a fiver or twenty, its just not something they go for.

The die hards go whatever the price so really, pricing doesn't do a lot to swing things unless its absurdly low or absurdly high.

That's exactly why we need to increase prices asap. We've gotta increase prices in Jan 2010 and announce the increase well in advance in order to allow folks the chance to buy a half season book. No point in hiding behind the VAT change, the club need to admit that the downright appalling level of support has forced their hand. We cannot continue to make excellent signings with such a dismal home support.

Increasing the price of football beyond it's value exactly is exactly the same as increasing the price of a fish supper simply to suit the fact that whilst it might be a good fish supper the guy frying it is a crap businessman and so needs more money to keep him going.

Thankfully the guy who owns the local football team has a better business brain than the local chipper owners.

I don't understand your post. I don't know much about the fish and chip shop industry at present, but as someone who (in the space of 7 months) turned a shop from losing £2k per week to breaking even I know a little bit about running a business.

Perhaps, you can now comment on the matter at hand. Saints lost money last year and, if they follow through with all the planned maintenance at McDiarmid, will lose money this year. Crowds are dwindling and history shows no directly proportional correlation between gate price and attendance.

I don't understand your post. I don't know much about the fish and chip shop industry at present, but as someone who (in the space of 7 months) turned a shop from losing £2k per week to breaking even I know a little bit about running a business.

Perhaps, you can now comment on the matter at hand. Saints lost money last year and, if they follow through with all the planned maintenance at McDiarmid, will lose money this year. Crowds are dwindling and history shows no directly proportional correlation between gate price and attendance.

You have confirmed my post by answering your own question.

You have confirmed my post by answering your own question.

This post makes little sense.

Perhaps you don't understand my post. I'll make this game a bit easier for you.

Saints lost money last year. Do you think this is good or bad?

Saints, if planned, routine maintenance to McDiarmid Park goes ahead, are likely to lose money this year is prices and attendance remain at current levels. Do you think this is good or bad?

I believe that increasing the gate price to £25 will increase out total income. Do you agree with me or disagree with me?

EDITED as I stupidly wrote word expenditure instead of the word income.

Edited by 101 Saint

Saints, if planned, routine maintenance to McDiarmid Park goes ahead, are likely to lose money this year is prices and attendance remain at current levels. Do you think this is good or bad?

I believe that increasing the gate price to £25 will increase out total expenditure. Do you agree with me or disagree with me?

Do you mean income?

I can see where your business plan went askew - When you had the shop and someone asked for COD they didn't mean cash on delivery.

I believe that increasing the gate price to £25 will increase out total expenditure. Do you agree with me or disagree with me?

So to answer, No. Raising your prices doesn't increase your expenditure.

That's exactly why we need to increase prices asap. We've gotta increase prices in Jan 2010 and announce the increase well in advance in order to allow folks the chance to buy a half season book. No point in hiding behind the VAT change, the club need to admit that the downright appalling level of support has forced their hand. We cannot continue to make excellent signings with such a dismal home support.

I find it incredible that anyone in this day and age is calling for prices to be increased.

Let us look at the facts in the real world 101:

1. The Government are cutting back billions

2. There are estimates in Scotland that the public sector will reduce by 60k

3. There will be a knock on effect on the private sector

4. Fuel prices are tipped to increase to highest ever over the coming months

5. Some economists predict interest rates will increase in the first quarter of next year with mortgages increasing likewise

6. Food prices are increasing week on week

7. VAT increases in january

all of the above will increase the essential living costs of supporters reducing the disposable income for supporters.

For many families football is a helluva expensive thing and they simply cannot continue to keep forking out more and more each and every season. Another price increase to £25 a game would in my view see Saints lose out. Today we had about 4000 paying at the gate increasing admission by £4 would have gained Saints £16k. £16k which would buy us as a club a helluva lot of grief and bad publicity!!

Edited by mainstand

For many families football is a helluva expensive thing and they simply cannot continue to keep forking out more and more each and every season. Another price increase to £25 a game would in my view see Saints lose out. Today we had about 4000 paying at the gate increasing admission by £4 would have gained Saints £16k. £16k which would buy us as a club a helluva lot of grief and bad publicity!!

£25 is what you pay at the ugly sisters but i doubt we'd be neck and neck with them at the end of the season so all we'd do is look stupid. i don't think the home crowd will increase but i'm sure it could decrease

Have you heard about the legendary chipper in Anstruther?

Is this really your level of debating skill?

I've asked three questions and you haven't answered them. I don't care about chip shops, if you do send me a pm and I'll give you some contact details of folk who work in the industry.

Please discuss Saints in this part of the forum. I would be grateful if you could answer my questions.