Dundee in Administration on Wednesday

Real Madrid

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I'm not so sure about that in the late 70s and early 80s we actually did have 'dickheads' running the club. We were not 'lucky' Geoff sensibly understood that there is a limit to our fan base, and so we must also limit what we spend on players. Dundee have done the opposite on at least two chaotic occasions with the Italian experiment and now. In each occasion the majority of their fans (not Webby) creamed themlsves about the money and what they were going to do to the erst of Scottish football. they patronised St Johnstone on these boards.

I have no sympathy for fools especially those that invite even greater folly on themslevs and cannot learn from their mistakes.

My money is going to charity not self-harmers

Mock Chop Outrage - yawn

So I guess managing to sell your previous ground to a supermarket and having the ground for your new stadium donated wasn't fortunate?

Whilst I agree you have a good chairman there has been an extreme element of fortune in getting to where you are today.

Dundee FC's attempts to pay off six-figure tax arrears has become more than a battle to stave off administration -- its a battle for survival.

The opening paragragh on tonights tele.

Administration costs would be over £200,000 and that would sink them.

Looks likely that there doomed.

No matter how you feel about them, it looks ominous.

There's not a chance our fans will just let our club die, we just need to know whats needed.

So I guess managing to sell your previous ground to a supermarket and having the ground for your new stadium donated wasn't fortunate?

Whilst I agree you have a good chairman there has been an extreme element of fortune in getting to where you are today.

Now thats what you call a businessman

Actually the price of the land covered the cost of the stadium and the land for the new ground was donated by a FAN. Someone who cared about our club.

Not someone who wanted to take as much as they could.

Actually the price of the land covered the cost of the stadium and the land for the new ground was donated by a FAN. Someone who cared about our club.

Not someone who wanted to take as much as they could.

and thats why our ground is called mcdairmid park.thank you.

Nothing fortunate about concluding such a deal. Even less fortune about coming close to doing it twice.

Spencie says its 99.9% certain that Dundee will go into Administration tomorrow (6th October) and that the ONLY person that can save it is Callum Melville !! The guy that has put the club in this position.

No players wages today and matter being looked at by Fraser Wishart.......Are Dundee players paid weekly or are they like most businesses Monthly.

If its the latter then thats a lot of dosh between Players -staff and Security etc.

Spencie says its 99.9% certain that Dundee will go into Administration tomorrow (6th October) and that the ONLY person that can save it is Callum Melville !! The guy that has put the club in this position.

No players wages today and matter being looked at by Fraser Wishart.......Are Dundee players paid weekly or are they like most businesses Monthly.

If its the latter then thats a lot of dosh between Players -staff and Security etc.

For PAYE you would assume that its monthly. Mind you, seeing as they dont actually pay theirs taxes who knows :D

It still seems totally crazy why would you let the club go into Admin if the guy can clear this. The 10point deduction must surely be a formality and would end any hopes of promotion. I heard today that clubs are voting on league expansion in December.......

Just heard their training has been cancelled tomorrow as many players cannot get to the ground due to lack of money!

Edited by Mike180279

There's not a chance our fans will just let our club die, we just need to know whats needed.

If that is the case, take Administration, take the relegation ( if the SFL clubs thought it was good enough for Livi it's good enough for everyone else IMO) and start over again. Your fans will still come(!) and you can rebuild but without any business "hawks" hovering around and promising to be your sugar daddy and take you to the top.

In each occasion the majority of their fans (not Webby) creamed themlsves about the money and what they were going to do to the erst of Scottish football. they patronised St Johnstone on these boards.

Try a trawl through various P&B threads over the last couple of years and you'll see the real Web, not the WAP alter ego that is beginning to crack. He deserves all he gets.

You do realise I mostly just take the piss on P&B don't you?

Buy the league?? We've only "bought" 2 players and arguably the best attacking players currently in the division so it's hardly bad business. Jocky inexplicably hasn't really strengthened the defence and injuries and poor form there are making us concede silly goals, we are looking to add to our defensive options before the window closes and improve that area as well as central midfield and once it's improved to satisfactory level there won't be a lot of teams who beat us. I don't usually go out and make claims like these but I'm happy to on this one.

Was this taking the mickey?

There's no actual set penalty in the SFL for going into admin apparently. They could get anything from slapped wrist to relegation to Div 3.
Yes I heard this too However, we are mid season which rules out punting them into Division 3. Livi was a very unique situation, they initially only incurred 10 points deduction.

10 Points Deduction is the most likely scenario. Couple that with the loss of the top earners, it will very likely result in Division 2 football next season.