Dundee in Administration on Wednesday

Real Madrid

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they get through this and dont go under. It would be sad for one of our main rivals to go to the wall..........

No more Derbys at dens or 7-2 humpings at new year,this fixture means a lot to us saints fans as shows by our away support to Dens and the atmosphere at home, to loose that will be a sad day..... IMO............

I hope they get through this and dont go under. It would be sad for one of our main rivals to go to the wall..........

No more Derbys at dens or 7-2 humpings at new year,this fixture means a lot to us saints fans as shows by our away support to Dens and the atmosphere at home, to loose that will be a sad day..... IMO............

Agree 100% . Winning against Dundee is still nearly the best feeling only bettered by beating the Old Firm.

Although I jest Bobby, I do hope they get through this for the reasons you've stated above but the fact remains that if they do they simply MUST be made to live within their means and compete on a level playing field and not be permitted to buy their way back to the big time.

harkins and griffiths to saints

Hopefully on Thursday...when they become free agents and we dont have to pay half of Dundees tax bill !!

Reckon they will get a stay of execution to allow them to sell some assets (players).

Wouldnt like to see them bow out - where would their fans turn to UTD or some other team ?

have they any other decent players that might be worth having..

but i hope they dont fade away , 3rd division maybe

Like i said in another thread, 3rd division might be a good thing for them. As they can do what Livi have done, when they went down to the 3rd. By getting rid of players that will give them money and use there youth players, to help them cut they bills down as well.

my crystal palace team have been in and out of admin twice now and i really wouldnt wish it on anyone. vultures gather to steal your best players and club stability goes out the window. be careful what you wish for...

I would imagine many of the comments on here are atleast part in jest, however administration becomes a non-football event. its all very well winning on a football pitch but this isnt football any more.

best of luck to them and i hope they come through the other side.

my crystal palace team have been in and out of admin twice now and i really wouldnt wish it on anyone. vultures gather to steal your best players and club stability goes out the window. be careful what you wish for...

I would imagine many of the comments on here are atleast part in jest, however administration becomes a non-football event. its all very well winning on a football pitch but this isnt football any more.

best of luck to them and i hope they come through the other side.

Jimbo,

While I agree with most of what you say, it has to be remembered that Dundee have been there before, and haven't learned from the experience. Clubs need to cut their cloth according to where they are, and Dundee have gone way beyond their means. They only have their best players because they didn't pay their debts. Why should they get away with it when properly run clubs have to struggle.

This goes not only fro Dundee but for all the Wannabes - Livvy, Gretna and most likely both halves of the Old Firm - now if only the banks etc would take them on.

Like i said in another thread, 3rd division might be a good thing for them. As they can do what Livi have done, when they went down to the 3rd. By getting rid of players that will give them money and use there youth players, to help them cut they bills down as well.

Erm, Livi got out of the 3rd by retaining full time players and spending shedloads of money...

Jimbo,

While I agree with most of what you say, it has to be remembered that Dundee have been there before, and haven't learned from the experience. Clubs need to cut their cloth according to where they are, and Dundee have gone way beyond their means. They only have their best players because they didn't pay their debts. Why should they get away with it when properly run clubs have to struggle.

Could not agree more. They won't fold but if they did they would deserve it.

Erm, Livi got out of the 3rd by retaining full time players and spending shedloads of money...

Exactly. They made a mockery of the whole thing and this was unfair on other teams in the league.

They have to have guidlines in place where a club can only spend a % of their income to stop this occuring again.

Livi are still paying more than than any of the other league teams in the division and are relying on getting up again this season.

Ghostie did a really basic estimation of their P&L on here on a thread months back that demonstrated how they were still at it!!

Edited by Mike180279