Leigh Griffiths in January...Maybe???

will_dewar

I've read through the thread and read wi interest the figure of £200k.

Now maybe I've missed something but nobody seems to have raised the point - WE DON'T HAVE £200K TO SPEND ON A PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wakey wakey guys, the days of Saints splashing out that kinda money on a transfer fee are long gone. In fact I'm amazed we're even offerning a 5-figure sum.

And all this talk of sell-on value. If you look at the best you talent in Scotland going to the Premiership, they only go for about £400-500,000 with add ons. The days of the £1.7million we got for Davidson are long gone in all.

The more you look at it, the more it just dont add up.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he plays for Dundee today and gets cup tied then his value would in my view decrease. Interesting yesterday that Goodwillie sat in the stand for the game. Was he suspended? or just looking after their asset?

I think it said on the radio that he was suspended.

You're missing the point BlueJ, anyone signed before Tuesday cannot play as they were not signed before the original tie (being today's date).

He seems to be missing the point that we dont have the money too. I have asked him on another thread why he thinks we have money and got no answer.

You're missing the point BlueJ, anyone signed before Tuesday cannot play as they were not signed before the original tie (being today's date).

It was more a long term issue. If we signed someone who was cup tied and we won on Tuesday to progress in the tournament, that players use would be devalued to us for as long as we are in the tournament, therefore he would be worth less to us. If we go out on Tuesday then it matters not one jot.

He seems to be missing the point that we dont have the money too. I have asked him on another thread why he thinks we have money and got no answer.

Awwww, diddums. Did I not reply because the chat had come to a natural end and you came in too late trying to start it all over again. Shame.

Awwww, diddums. Did I not reply because the chat had come to a natural end and you came in too late trying to start it all over again. Shame.

Ah the answer I would have expected but no answer to the question? The default position of the ignorant. So where is the money coming from for your £180K bid?

I was under the impression that the last set of published accounts we put out showed a couple of million in the bank? While I don't advocate the "speculate to accumulate" nonsense that almost every other team has done in the past, I think we could pay if required.

How dare you come on here spouting positive facts and figures. Stand by for the onslaught and an email from McDiarmid in the morning.

I would agree about the speculate to accumulate principle if we were looking at spending something like a million but not with the figures we're talking about.

Ah the answer I would have expected but no answer to the question? The default position of the ignorant. So where is the money coming from for your £180K bid?

Oh for Gods sake. It's been mentioned numerous times before and now it's been mentioned in the post above yours. Talk about being ignorant.