Leigh Griffiths in January...Maybe???

will_dewar

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This story just wont go away so there is probably a lot of truth in it.

The fact that we are listed as a creditor of Dundee (circa 10k iro Jamie Adams unpaid wages) seems to strengthen our chances. surely we would of recalled him if we were not being paid??

I can see Savo going to Dundee too on loan whilst being a St Johnstone Player avoiding the need for any cash transaction. It gets Dundee's top wage earner off their books whilst bringing in a more than adequate replacement to keep them in the league.

I was against this move in the summer, I thought we were about to take a calculated risk with a financial outlay. It wasnt right then but it could be for us now. IF he continues to play his game at a higher level, we COULD get a decent fee out of it with a fairly low risk behind it.

As I touched on in another thread we have some real experience there to keep the boy in check and he MAY actually admire some of the experiences of Morris and Duberry. He also knows Muzz and Dave MacKay from his time at Livi. It could very well be a move that suits all

Edited by Mike180279

This topic has been done to death in other threads, but to summarise, I think there is a big split as to whether this would be a good thing or not. Clearly the guy has some talent at first division level and we did try to sign him before but couldn't match the wages the cheating tinky bastards were offering. He is also an irritating little scrote sack. On balance I don't think many Saints fans would welcome a steaming turd like him.

This topic has been done to death in other threads, but to summarise, I think there is a big split as to whether this would be a good thing or not. Clearly the guy has some talent at first division level and we did try to sign him before but couldn't match the wages the cheating tinky bastards were offering. He is also an irritating little scrote sack. On balance I don't think many Saints fans would welcome a steaming turd like him.

He would be welcome here if he created a goalscoring partnership with Haber or Parkin as that is what we are missing , a goal scoring partnership and strikers scoring regularly......

He was brilliant with One at Livi and in my eyes Parkin is a better version of big Armand, and I have said it before and I will say it again, I would love us to sign him, he is better than Milne in my eyes, probably more reliant than Samuel and lets face it Peaso is so injuy prone, between him and Jackson they have been to hospital more times than a bleeding ambulance.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Offers us more than Peaso and Savo just now and for the furture, Would be happy if it happened but we wont be the only club sniffing around

i never heard billy dodds get much abuse when he signed for saints, he did a job, can't see it being a problem if he bangs them in.

Was Dodds well known to the Police?

Did Billy turn up his previous club in a drunken state?

Was Billy Dodds a recreational drug user?

Was Billy Dodds criticised by his own supporters for his antics with younger females?

Did Billy Dodds ever eat four pies in one game - actually forget that question:laugh:

Billy Dodds was a very good player who maximised a decent level of talent by applying himself 100% to the job at hand. His talent didn't merit a start for Scotland, but his overall performance did. Leigh is the polar opposite.

Only seen him the flesh so to speak once...and he was the best player on the park by a mile.

I reckon with the right team mates, his supposedly questionable attitude will be reigned in. The step up will be a question, but as long as there isn't a great 'fee' involved, yes I'd take him.

Was Billy Dodds criticised by his own supporters for his antics with younger females?

Did Billy Dodds ever eat four pies in one game - actually forget that question:laugh:

Billy Dodds was a very good player who maximised a decent level of talent by applying himself 100% to the job at hand. His talent didn't merit a start for Scotland, but his overall performance did. Leigh is the polar opposite.

Are you claiming that you have evidence of professional player taking drugs or did your mole tell you ???

Are you claiming that you have evidence of professional player taking drugs or did your mole tell you ??

I have evidence of a professional player taking drugs. I have not stated that Leigh Griffiths has been convicted of possessing drugs. It should also be noted that players are not always convicted of possession when they are detained on other charges, eh Mr O'Riordan?

I have evidence of a professional player taking drugs. I have not stated that Leigh Griffiths has been convicted of possessing drugs. It should also be noted that players are not always convicted of possession when they are detained on other charges, eh Mr O'Riordan?

Did he get a smack on the wrists then :shock:

Does that stop him signing for saints ?? Should it stop him. I am sure we have had and have now players who are known to the police, been with women, have a drink, eaten pies. We all know two players who have taken drugs, maybe we should give him a drugs test before he signs as part of a medical. Just to ease your pain.

Whats up anyway pal, he have far more success with females than you do. Jealousy is a bitch

Does that stop him signing for saints ?? Should it stop him. I am sure we have had and have now players who are known to the police, been with women, have a drink, eaten pies. We all know two players who have taken drugs, maybe we should give him a drugs test before he signs as part of a medical. Just to ease your pain.

Whats up anyway pal, he have far more success with females than you do. Jealousy is a bitch

You compared to him to Mr Billy Dodds, I am arguing that he nothing like Billy Dodds. Presumably you disagree with me - after all you wouldn't want to agree with a fud:laugh:

I don't want him here. I don't think he's any good. I fail to be sure that his knee is okay and I certainly wouldn't trust a medical given the Muzz fiasco. He'll be more trouble than Fil, who Del couldn't handle. Duberry won't necessarily be here in season 2010/11. Morris might have extra responsibilities and would surely skelp the wee ned. Did I mention that I don't want him here?

I'm doing fine for women, just a shame I can't get the one I long for:sad:

Did he get a smack on the wrists then :shock:

Is he as "talented" as made out? He scored a fantastic goal against us once. So what? So did Christian Nade.

Not convinced for footballing reasons and that is without considering the other "stuff" that seems to surround him. Folk are quick to say he is much better than Savo or Peaso: what is this actually based on?

If I was Saints would be hammering at the door for the ten grand owed. More cheating from the morally bankrupt bin dippers.

Should also be noted that you don't always believe everything you are told.

You compared to him to Mr Billy Dodds, I am arguing that he nothing like Billy Dodds. Presumably you disagree with me - after all you wouldn't want to agree with a fud:laugh:

I don't want him here. I don't think he's any good. I fail to be sure that his knee is okay and I certainly wouldn't trust a medical given the Muzz fiasco. He'll be more trouble than Fil, who Del couldn't handle. Duberry won't necessarily be here in season 2010/11. Morris might have extra responsibilities and would surely skelp the wee ned. Did I mention that I don't want him here?

I'm doing fine for women, just a shame I can't get the one I long for:sad:

I compared him to dodds as a high profile player coming from a club that i would class as our rivals. Thats all. You added arms and legs to it son.