Leigh Griffiths in January...Maybe???

will_dewar

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he was through both Leith teams and Cavalry Park, before Hibs kicked him out.

Your point about Jody is completely right. But we got him at the end of that cycle, and all credit to all who saw that. All sinners deserve the chance to become a saint.

Leigh has a great talent, but there is the other bit. He could be the player you sign for £100,000 and sell for £1m, or else a complete waste of a wage, and that will not be small.

We could buy and con someone in the Championship that this is what they want, and so "Good business". But word gets around - apart from us and Hearts, who he has already turned down which says a load about his world view - there is not a huge queue.

Sorry - too much trouble, and I just see another great failed hope. We've had our Keigan Parker moment.

and what was wrong with parker????????????????

Fair point too.

My main reason for replying is we seem to be doing down our own strikers too much. Griffiths has scored six league goals from open play in the whole of 2010, that's the same number as the much maligned Kenny Deuchar got for us between January and May.

I really like Griffiths as a player though and would love for us to sign him but just don't think folk should be so quick to say let's punt X, Y and Z to bring him in. I'd still be surprised if he was a St Johnstone player in January though.

What is the Griffiths against Deuchar goal scoring ratio for all games this season, just out of interest ?

How many people has Deuchar prevented from going to hospital against the number that wee shit has put in hospital on a Saturday night?:roll:

Don't care, as long as he scores goals for St Johnstone.

Would appear that Leigh's ratio is 6:1 over Goalless so far this season despite Dundee being the poorer team thus far.

Get LG signed up

they are 2 very different players, deuchar brought so much to the team. was unlucky not to get more goals in his time with us.

would definitely take griffiths if we have the oppertunity despite his downside the lad has huge potential and will be worth the gamble.

they are 2 very different players, deuchar brought so much to the team. was unlucky not to get more goals in his time with us.

would definitely take griffiths if we have the oppertunity despite his downside the lad has huge potential and will be worth the gamble.

Agree most of the above. "unlucky".....well maybe

I was one of the Doc's number one fans! I agree with what you're saying though. I wouldn't want to see Jacko miss out on a contract for the sake of bringing in Griffiths.

I think Savo's time has come and gone, and MacDonald must be one of the higher paid players considering his length of service. I wouldn't have much problem if we moved those two on.

According to Del Peaso & Hardie were re-signed on 6 mth contracts on much reduced wages in order to give them a chance to recover from injury & prove their fitness.