101 Banned

Scobby_SJFC

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting on my professional hat here Jamie and the mods did what they had to do before anything went legal. The severe defamation of a certain identifiable person (he named them) by 101 was totally unacceptable and way over the top. As Jamie has pointed out, he is the person responsible for what is posted on the forum and relies on the mods and other posters to report where things go bad. In this case it was VERY bad and had it been made more public, would have resulted in legal action against the site (Jamie).

Honest Saints Fan, we both know Gordon and his off-forum persona is not the asame as his on-forum one. That is one of the most dangerous things to have, I post on here exactly as I am and nothing more, as do the vast majority of the other members. Gordon has got this element within him to use his on-screen persona to throw all and everything at people as they do not know who he is. I am sure if I took him onto the pitch at McDiarmid and invited all the people who he has slagged off and all the players and management teams that he had annoyed to come on and say their piece, we would be there for a week and he would then realise just how hurtful some of his postings can be.

Yes, we all know you are his friend and we respect that so please, as a fiend, try to get his to see where he went wrong and teach him how to return a better person. The worst part is I thought he was with the church and yet he still poured such vitriol on here about a certain person that he got himself banned. Get him to be the same person on here as he is off the forum and I am sure people will fell better towards him.

Everyone else, stop making Jamie's life as the owner tougher than it is!! :wink:

Great Post

Can one of 101's bum chums get him to make a personal apology to Jamie (who btw makes a great moderator and webmaster) and at the same time give Jamie reassurances not to cross the line so arrogantly moving forward. No need to apologize on the forum because i feel most of us think there are bigger pr1cks than 101 posting bollocks on a regular basis. Then let him back on line.

I havnt met GM but I know he is a very decent person and a true Saintee........and there is not that many of us (true saintees) around.

Hopefully he takes his slapped wrist well and is back to irratate us all very soon

I hope you don't get into trouble for using what is construed as a derogatory :laugh::laugh::wink::wink:

Spoke to him at half-time at Motherwell......was a bit worried as he approached me tho !!

He knows the score and he will deal with it as he sees fit - Best to close the thread now tho.....will say no more !

He 's not the type to be a gun wielding maniac is he:?::?:

Can I just say I always liked him and thought his posts had real quality :neutral:

Give it time, him being away will hopefully bring back some old posters. I know a lot of folk couldnt be bothered reading his vitriol. He turned a lot of people away from the forum

That says more about them than it does about 101 Saint.

I can't believe people couldn't ignore the guy, Beatson should point out to everyone where that wee ignore poster button is.

I can't believe people couldn't ignore the guy, Beatson should point out to everyone where that wee ignore poster button is.

Perhaps it does, but the general vibe of the forum went downhill when he started posting regularly.

I personally didn't mind him but all to often he was too close to the bone with his comments. While I believe he genuinely believed what he was posting, he got caught up in his online persona and liked to live up to it. I think he had a tendancy to over exaggerate at times which led to him almost becoming a pantomime villain.

Some of his comments were brutal, I've never met anyone quite so opinionated with complete tunnel vision in real life and I can't imagine he's like that offline. I've never met the guy though so I could be wrong.

So, if we all ignore him then he can write whatever he likes, about whoever he likes, for yourself to get your jollies too. You want that, start your own forum where if anything that could see you in court because he said something will be on our head.

No one is stopping the pair of you to start your own forum. Rather than his remarks ruin this one. TTFN

HSF...You probably know Gordon better than anyone else -but surely you must agree that he has gone beyond "reasonable" posting with the comments about "Mrs Mcinnes" who other than being married to Del - was never involved in team selections etc etc.

Yeah there are time when you look at individual comments - you have to take a step back and wonder why they have been made and why they have been allowed to remain on an "open" forum -But that is down to the person who runs it and the moderators. At the end of the day THEY are liable.

However the -Individual- involved is also accountable .

I only hope that Mrs Mcinnes or her husband and family dont have access to the actual comments and therfor do not take legal action --which is an option which could result in a harsher penalty than "G" being banned.

It takes a bigger man to stand up and aplogise -I hope he takes stock and realises.

Outwith that -you are correct IF people didnt want to listen or take in what he wrote then they could simply have ignored his comments even if there was NO "ignore button".

HSF...You probably know Gordon better than anyone else -but surely you must agree that he has gone beyond "reasonable" posting with the comments about "Mrs Mcinnes" who other than being married to Del - was never involved in team selections etc etc.

Yeah there are time when you look at individual comments - you have to take a step back and wonder why they have been made and why they have been allowed to remain on an "open" forum -But that is down to the person who runs it and the moderators. At the end of the day THEY are liable.

However the -Individual- involved is also accountable .

I only hope that Mrs Mcinnes or her husband and family dont have access to the actual comments and therfor do not take legal action --which is an option which could result in a harsher penalty than "G" being banned.

It takes a bigger man to stand up and aplogise -I hope he takes stock and realises.

Outwith that -you are correct IF people didnt want to listen or take in what he wrote then they could simply have ignored his comments even if there was NO "ignore button".

The problem is that, in as far as the now infamous comments that got him banned are concerned, the option to 'ignore' them is not an option at all.

Without wanting to over dramatise the situation, is it acceptable that people 'ignored' the holocaust, is it wrong to 'ignore' bullying at school etc etc

If you are a decent person, then some of 101's garbage became impossible to 'ignore'