#28 - 05/02/11 - Saints 2-0 Partick Thistle - Scottish Cup

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how well the covers are secured?? It was obvious from Thursday morning that there were high winds were forcast (it was all over twitter / FB / all the weather forecasts) Surely someone saw that and though "oh we better make sure that the covers are secured enough".

The covers were indeed secured and weighed down -unfortunately the wind was stronger at a time when the groundstaff were in their beds like the rest of us...They did what they could but the elements beat them....Thats the force of nature for you.....Its easy to blame someone but they did what was necessary....so lets not blame them for this.

This being FEBRUARY it would ---the planned "break" was only for 2 weeks .

Mind you if it HADNT rained then we would be OK.....Thats GOD for you :wink:

February? Bloody 'ell, how did that happen.

Nah, it's just that the winter break will stop all games being off, ever, apparently, even the one's in December, in addition to curing starvation in Africa and global warning. :cool:

February? Bloody 'ell, how did that happen.

Nah, it's just that the winter break will stop all games being off, ever, apparently, even the one's in December, in addition to curing starvation in Africa and global warning. :cool:

I like your style ......but the winter break will only be for 2 weeks not months etc :wink:

The covers were indeed secured and weighed down -unfortunately the wind was stronger at a time when the groundstaff were in their beds like the rest of us...They did what they could but the elements beat them....Thats the force of nature for you.....Its easy to blame someone but they did what was necessary....so lets not blame them for this.

Sorry Ancient, I realise now it's came across as a dig but my question was purely out of ignorance. I didn't know if the are bolted down to the edge of the track or just sit on top and tied down. :)

Was it raining last night in Perth or was the damage done before then?

Don't think we had much rain last night and it's been quite windy so that would've helped dry out the pitch but it would seem the damage had already been done.

Sorry Ancient, I realise now it's came across as a dig but my question was purely out of ignorance. I didn't know if the are bolted down to the edge of the track or just sit on top and tied down. :)

I didnt take it in the way you think i did -so dont apologise.

Its a freak of nature rather than the ground staff.

Damage was done in the early hours of Friday morning ---after midnight and before 8am.......The covers were down but blown away.

Don't think we had much rain last night and it's been quite windy so that would've helped dry out the pitch but it would seem the damage had already been done.

That's exactly what I was thinking 1884. The covers being off last night would have helped so it's wrong to point the finger at that being the cause.

Given the sun is out, the streets are dry and even the grass in my back garden that was under water for 6 weeks is dry, it is extremely disappointing that this is off. Has anyone actually been up for a look? Is it really bad or is the ref being a wanker?

Is it a big garden you have -couldnt you offer saints the chance to play there :wink:

Given the sun is out, the streets are dry and even the grass in my back garden that was under water for 6 weeks is dry, it is extremely disappointing that this is off. Has anyone actually been up for a look?

If you pm me your address Jamie I'll pop round and have a quick peek.

That's exactly what I was thinking 1884. The covers being off last night would have helped so it's wrong to point the finger at that being the cause.

Had they gambled in taking the covers off and it had rained and i say HAD it rained then we would be blaming them for doing so --they were in a catch 22 situation.

Is it a big garden you have -couldnt you offer saints the chance to play there :wink:

I'll bring typex to line the pitch, and the pies. Murrays pies. mmmm...

Anyone else help?

Need some nets, corner flags, deck chairs and a score board. Kevin, you bring your record player with you and some old 45s.:D

Can people stop blaming the groundsman! We already know mcdiarmid has a drainage problem which is nothing to do with Chris! Even if the covers did come off for one night a good drainage system would have coped with that rain! Time to spend some money on the pitch and drainage this summer!

Agreed!

Lets get over blaming the club or the ground staff or even God.. There is only one person to blame for this game being called of and he's the fecking referee. Soft shite. These bastards in black/yellow/purple/orange (*delete as appropriate) have no fecking spine and " don't want anyone to get hurt". Even when they do get a game on they try their best to ruin it as a spectacle with shite decisions and over zealous actions.

Ladies and gentlmen let us unite in our disappointment and as one sing the following anthem....

Who's yer father, who's yer father, who's yer father referee,

You havenae got one, you havenae got one

You're a bastard referee

You're a bastard, you're a bastard, you're a bastard referee

It's been raining, you're no playing

You're a bastard referee....