#28 - 05/02/11 - Saints 2-0 Partick Thistle - Scottish Cup

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll settle for 2 red cards. A couple of disputed penalty claims, an offside goal

Sounds good.

and, an Accies Win :D

Or better still, a replay with 2 more red cards, another couple of disputed penalty claims, an offside goal, then an Accies win!:wink:

I'll bring typex to line the pitch, and the pies. Murrays pies. mmmm...

Anyone else help?

Need some nets, corner flags, deck chairs and a score board. Kevin, you bring your record player with you and some old 45s.:D

We have nets, corner flags, from our supporters team, sure i could throw strips in too!!:laugh::laugh:

The pitch looks decent enough in the picture on the website

Not really, Dylan. You can see there are areas of surface water - the ref is looking to see how much bounce the ball has and how much it will travel on the deck. The pitch will also cut up even more easily than it already has done. An extra couple of days for the pitch to recover will hopefully do it good given that we will now have 2 home games in 5 days.

Calm down!:shock:

How much rain has fallen on their pitches in the last few days?

Don't you think Saints would've wanted this game on today?:shock:

I know, I Know, Its just that a group of us had a big day planned for it! and now, just total deflation! Now i have nae reason not tae stay in, dae some hoose work tae please the mrs and "save the cash i would o spent" witch i had saved for the day! oh and if i'm lucky a game o tiddely winks might break oot! Thats all! Ha ha

I know, I Know, Its just that a group of us had a big day planned for it! and now, just total deflation! Now i have nae reason not tae stay in, dae some hoose work tae please the mrs and "save the cash i would o spent" witch i had saved for the day! oh and if i'm lucky a game o tiddely winks might break oot! Thats all! ***

We're all in the same boat.:neutral: (hope there's no flood!:laugh:)

I love Scottish Cup day - when we have a game...!!!

Calm down!:shock:

How much rain has fallen on their pitches in the last few days?

Don't you think Saints would've wanted this game on today?:shock:

I think the point is Bev, that the weather all over has been pretty bad and we do actually have protection for the pitch. Jags Fans on P&B are going rhage( which is quite funny:laugh:) but they actually might be justified.. EVERY other game is on bar ours and given our record in these matters over the last few seasons we do look a bit amateurish..If this was a one off, fair enough but we have also had probs with switching on the USH and a few very late call offs when everyone else still got their games on..In these times of financial shortfalls, we really do need to do EVERYTHING to maximise our revenue.. I expect a crowd of no more than than 2500 for the rearranged game ( and maybe less) whereas today I think we we looking at 4000.... Given those figures we are talking around £25,000 of lost revenue ( £12,500 each) which is a lot of money for a club like Saints..

The club need to do more and if that means paying people to be at the ground overnight ( to make sure all is well) or what ever, then they should do it..

This is not a rant at you by the way Bev, it's just how I feel about how others see our great club.. They think we are diddies and today we look like diddies..:oops:

The club need to do more and if that means paying people to be at the ground overnight ( to make sure all is well) or what ever, then they should do it..

This is not a rant at you by the way Bev, it's just how I feel about how others see our great club.. They think we are diddies and today we look like diddies..:oops:

Agreed.

I think I'm just getting too used to us having games postponed...:sad: That's not a good thing.

I know, I Know, Its just that a group of us had a big day planned for it! and now, just total deflation! Now i have nae reason not tae stay in, dae some hoose work tae please the mrs and "save the cash i would o spent" witch i had saved for the day! oh and if i'm lucky a game o tiddely winks might break oot! Thats all! Ha ha
A bit severe.Surely she's not that bad:wink:

Some people will see no bad in their club, no matter what. That's all I'm saying on the matter.

We can all see some bad in our club. But this has to be put down to the weather doesn't it? Covers were on protecting the pitch, then extremely high winds blew them off, then a LOT of rain fell (as it has for the last 3-4 days). At least it was called off plenty time before kick off.

We can all see some bad in our club. But this has to be put down to the weather doesn't it? Covers were on protecting the pitch, then extremely high winds blew them off, then a LOT of rain fell (as it has for the last 3-4 days). At least it was called off plenty time before kick off.

You don't think other areas had lots of rain, other areas had gale force winds, other clubs had covers down, other clubs managed to secure them properly?

The OS lays the blame squarely on the covers being blown off. I'd be mighty pissed off if I was Geoff. It's one blunder after another at McD these days.

You don't think other areas had lots of rain, other areas had gale force winds, other clubs had covers down, other clubs managed to secure them properly?

The OS lays the blame squarely on the covers being blown off. I'd be mighty pissed off if I was Geoff. It's one blunder after another at McD these days.

Fair point. Just a bit annoyed at how everyone assumes it is automatically the clubs inability to deal with anything.