Perth F.M

THE LARK SAINT

They could not fulfil there contract to supply the service the licence required, or sorry, was it because the guy running it didn't make the profits he wanted???

Forgive me for being cynical but he did ask me for a substantial sum of money to help out the Race for Life....... it's a CHARITY!!!! :roll:

How do you just "lose your Licence"Ancient? enlighten me!!

The guy who ran Perth fm -apparently- wanted to take over the British Forces Broadcasting Service and to do that he couldnt (apparently) continue with the cost of running Perth FM as well -so he didnt apply (allegedly) for the broadcasting slot (106) and in effect lost the licence which as you can see was snapped up by Heartland FM/

The guy who ran Perth fm -apparently- wanted to take over the British Forces Broadcasting Service and to do that he couldnt (apparently) continue with the cost of running Perth FM as well -so he didnt apply (allegedly) for the broadcasting slot (106) and in effect lost the licence which as you can see was snapped up by Heartland FM/

How would you describe such a person Ancient? Erse comes to mind :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

There is a restriction on live broadcasts as this is BBC exclusive however, I believe a licence can be applied for if it is for a community station such as Moray FM and Hospital Radio. HR Perth broadcasts all Saints home games to PRI and also provides commentary for the non-sighted fans of both teams

Would this explain why Radio Scotand always have an opt out for the Inverness games on a Saturday.

I am not sure why the independent stations even bother with football coverage. I have the misfortune to listen to "Real radio" a few weeks ago and the coverage was awful.

For whatever reason Mark Paige didn't want to continue running Perth FM, I'll make the assumption that it's financially based on his part.

He agreed to transfer the license for the frequency to Heartland FM. The license and frequency still exist, but now come under the name of Heartland, and Ofcom approved a request from both licenses to be co-located and share programming.

Basically Perth FM no longer exists and if you tune in to the frequency your picking up community radio from Pitlochry.

Would this explain why Radio Scotand always have an opt out for the Inverness games on a Saturday.

I am not sure why the independent stations even bother with football coverage. I have the misfortune to listen to "Real radio" a few weeks ago and the coverage was awful.

Glad you enjoy my work! "Awful" and "Misfortune". You're too kind. Want to come into the studio one week with me and see exactly what resources we have available (Me, a reporter and some spreadsheets of stats that I personally spend many hours putting together every week). Of course, we should just bow out gracefully and not mention football on a Saturday afternoon. The BBC own it (albeit they bought it with OUR money).

Ask yourself can a radio station in the Central Belt afford to ignore football - the national obsession - between 3 and 4:45pm on a Saturday?

Oh, and you're definitely not getting a birthday request now.

Glad you enjoy my work! "Awful" and "Misfortune". You're too kind. Want to come into the studio one week with me and see exactly what resources we have available (Me, a reporter and some spreadsheets of stats that I personally spend many hours putting together every week). Of course, we should just bow out gracefully and not mention football on a Saturday afternoon. The BBC own it (albeit they bought it with OUR money).

Ask yourself can a radio station in the Central Belt afford to ignore football - the national obsession - between 3 and 4:45pm on a Saturday?

Heard a bit of your show today....congratulations!!! :)

Ok I will take you up on your offer one Saturday when Saints are playing away from home. I had no idea anyone from here worked for that station :oops:

The only time I listened was when I was helping a mate move back to Perth and it was not on a match day, it was a phone in where all the callers seemed to be known to the host and they seemed to be local celebrities in their own right. Is it like that evey night?

Cheers Southpaw!

Real - It wasn't my show, so the huffs over! I'm pretty lucky in that i often get to see the text messages that come in to the Phone In, and the reason they have so much Old Firm content is that it's exactly who is getting in touch and what people want to talk about. Edinburgh punters are really reticent unless there has been a derby, and I think fans of other teams think they'll be ignored if got in touch, so they just don't. It's catch 22.

On the plus side I mention Saints as much as i possibly can when I'm on. For a "wee team" we do alright on radio on tv.

I'll join you one Saturday when the boys are playing away oh great and mysterious saintX :wink: