#36 - 22/03/11 - Saints 1-0 Brechin City - Scottish Cup

You have been a Saints fan for a full 5 minutes and you have the nerve to come out with a statement like that. I have often gave you the benefit of the doubt with some of your rather delusional comments, but am now convinced that you are nothing but a stoopid wee lassie who bases her opinions around a 'my little pony' ideal world and knows everything about Saints from what she reads in the papers

You are well out of order with statements like that, Edstar.

I dont always agree with HSF, but her comments in this thread have been spot on. You are the only one that comes out of this looking "stoopid" as you put it.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delighted we're through. Not quite as delighted with the less-than-emphatic scoreline. Need to find the back of the net if we're going to get any further.

With it being a cup game, had different faces sitting around me last night - but still the same moaners and abusers.

But my biggest gripe of the night was Del's lack of subs. I know the old "if it ain't broke.." adage, but Sammy & Peaso were spent from about halfway through the second half. Bringing on fresh legs against their shattered defence could very well have made the difference to the final scoreline. And not sure what the injury-time Mooner appearance was about. I can only think it was to give the guy a wee ovation from the fans - it certainly wasn't going to go any way to getting him match fit!

When are people going to realise that moaning about your team is part and parcel of fitba'

some folk should get of their moral high horse and accept it for what it is.

fans have every right to moan about the lack of goals, etc.

it happens at every club in every country, we are no different.

it really is getting tedious listening to the moaners moaning about the moaners.

they are worse than the original moaners

that is my moan over. ***.

When are people going to realise that moaning about your team is part and parcel of fitba'

it really is getting tedious listening to the moaners moaning about the moaners.

Oh stop moanin min :wink:

united or well, probably prefer well but i don't really care because it would be so sweet to beat united in the semi.

overdue revenge.

and we are more than capable of beating them both.

i cannae wait.

cheers Saints, just one final please before i pop my clogs.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

that was what I was gettin at...which means, seemingly, that I should go and support Rangers or Celtic :roll:

At no point did I not say that I was not happy / excited / elated about us getting to SC Semi - of course I am....but that doesn't mean that I cannot be critical of certain aspects of our performance or the general lack of excitement last night (apart from the opening phase of the game)

Aitchy...HSF comment re 'go and support Man Utd etc etc' was stupid and don't let your need to have a go at me whenever you can blind you to that

that was what I was gettin at...which means, seemingly, that I should go and support Rangers or Celtic :roll:

At no point did I not say that I was not happy / excited / elated about us getting to SC Semi - of course I am....but that doesn't mean that I cannot be critical of certain aspects of our performance or the general lack of excitement last night (apart from the opening phase of the game)

Aitchy...HSF comment re 'go and support Man Utd etc etc' was stupid and don't let your need to have a go at me whenever you can blind you to that

we are all chuffed to bits. goes without saying.

HSF goes OTT sometimes, you have to learn to accept that:laugh:

we could all pick holes in some of her posts but

she means well.

not to me i hasten to add, but in general she does mean well.

that was a compliment HSF before you start on me again:cool:

People moan at football because the expect more from their team, I understand that but the way St Johnstone fans moan you'd think we we're a top 4 SPL team that should be winning or challenging for both cups every season. It's like they think we are under-achieving. Madness.

At McDiarmid the players can't do much without fans getting on their back. That isn't support and I'm positive players pick up on this.

As an elder Saintee (not the oldest) on this forum may I just say that my 50+ years of following my favourite team have not all been glory years but A WIN IS A WIN and Hampden Park is not somewhere we have visited very often.

Another semi beckons and I like that feeling!

she means well.

Ach, I like HSF...you can have a wee argument with her and she gives back as good as she gets and doesn't seem to hold grudges (except with you John :D).

It's other who hardly ever post with an opinion of their own, but then appear to have a go at others who do express theirs that bug me

just to clarify a few points with my opinion.

the pitch is still simply awful, even though it is better than it was, that doesn't help our flair players.

Brechin played well, defended for their lives, poor going forward though. most of them were very fit lads, still going strong at the end despite the pummeling we were giving them.

the long ball game we played is down to not having Jody in there, we miss him terribly.

alot of moaners last night would have been the one or two times a season guys, not all but alot of them. I suppose that is why they are one or two times a season guys.

we're in the semi's with the best chance of the final since that match at East End Park where fergie scored an offside winner.

come on Saints, final and european fitba is one game away. MEGA.

Ach, I like HSF...you can have a wee argument with her and she gives back as good as she gets and doesn't seem to hold grudges (except with you John :D).

I can live with it:laugh:

might even buy her a soda water if we reach the final.

or I might compliment her on a great post.

she means well.

I think that the fact 'we are all chuffed to bit goes without saying' make the forum a really depressing place to be sometimes when things like 'Peaso should've scored' or 'Liam kicked the ball out of play' obvisouly do require to be said.

Feel free to moan as much as you like but if you squeeze in something positive at the end you'll feel a lot better!

Anyone else think the ref was just making up fouls? Every time Brechin had a corner he seemed to blow his whistle for a foul.

Just watching the match on the tele after recording it. You would think there was 50 people in the stadium going by the atmosphere :sad:

I can't wait to go to Hampden, added bonus that I now live 10 minutes away from it :D

I think that the fact 'we are all chuffed to bit goes without saying' make the forum a really depressing place to be sometimes when things like 'Peaso should've scored' or 'Liam kicked the ball out of play' obvisouly do require to be said.

Feel free to moan as much as you like but if you squeeze in something positive at the end you'll feel a lot better!

spot on PINK.

"DO REQUIRE TO BE SAID"

great quote.

some people do think that you cannot say anything bad, whether it is true or not.

i am glad Peaso won't be playing in the semi final, gutted for Peaso because he is a great clubman, but I think we're a better team without him and i want that final more than anything.

may be harsh, but that is what i think.

he'll still be in the final squad and will still get a deserved medal though if we make it.

now am i wrong in stating my opinion?

Not like you to over exaggerate. I have criticised 2 of your posts in your whole time on this forum.

Anyway, delighted to be heading to Hampden. We will never have a better opportunity of reaching a Scottish Cup Final. I heard it said last night that "its only Hampden" we are heading too, past generations of Saints supporters would be rolling in their graves at a statement like that.

Someone touched on this earlier in the thread, but Peter Enckleman really is beginning to prove he is the best goalkeeper we have had at the club since Alan Main. He is criticised for his kicking and "command" of his box, but his postioning and shot stopping are top quality. If you ask any of the defenders at the club, they will tell you how happy they are to have a quality keepr like Enks behind them.

Dire game, good end result - it's all that matters. Yes it would have been nice to see some prettier football and a more comprehensive scoreline, but when all is said and done we've reach the semi final and that's a fantastic achievement when you consider everything we've had to contend with in terms of injuries etc.

Proud to be a Saintee!

Great result, but looking into it, the game was dire! Missed opportunity to try and tempt those fringe supporters to turn up in the future.

Great gate prices prompted a good turn out, coverage on national tv, I have not heard any positive reviews of the game from anyone. How much happier I would have been if we had put an entertaining performance. To say I was bored in the second half would be an understatement.

Result was never in doubt at 1-0 in my eyes. I just hoped we had been treated to more entertainment. Feel we have lost the fringe supporters, lets hope that they purchase tickets for the semi final! otherwise I reckon we will have around 5500 attending :(