What was your favourite pub in Perth that is no longer with us ?

SingaporeSaint

John, heard it closed down in 1926, sometime just after the General Strike. Was it any good ?
Cheeky young fekker I wisnea allowed in in 1926 as I wis still at school:laugh:.

I wis in one Saturday Night and there wis a bunch off Gers supporters in on there way home from Dundee or Aberdeen, they were having a singsong none off the usual pesh jist pop tunes one off our local nobbers was goin about shouttin order order so they bought him a pint told him to shut his puss!! turned into a great night. There wis a young lad singing had a great set off pipes.

Strange what you remember I canny remember my neighbours phone #:?

Cheeky young fekker I wisnea allowed in in 1926 as I wis still at school:laugh:.

I wis in one Saturday Night and there wis a bunch off Gers supporters in on there way home from Dundee or Aberdeen, they were having a singsong none off the usual pesh jist pop tunes one off our local nobbers was goin about shouttin order order so they bought him a pint told him to shut his puss!! turned into a great night. There wis a young lad singing had a great set off pipes.

Strange what you remember I canny remember my neighbours phone #:?

But you can remember young lads with great sets of pipes :shock:

• 3 weeks later...
Any of my fellow auld yins remember the Fifeshire Bar in the South St, it was beside the vennel that takes you up to St John's Kirk.

If my memory serves me correctly, the Fifeshire Bar became The King Willow in the late 1950's/early 60's and the 'mine host' was the Perthshire cricket professional Tommy Lodge. Tommy was also a reasonable footballer and played a season with Saints in the early 1950's.

If my memory serves me correctly, the Fifeshire Bar became The King Willow in the late 1950's/early 60's and the 'mine host' was the Perthshire cricket professional Tommy Lodge. Tommy was also a reasonable footballer and played a season with Saints in the early 1950's.
I have a feeling the King Willow was another boozer and the Fifeshire still where I thought it was, be good to see some pictures off that part of South St showing both locations. I remember Tommy Lodge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...