What was your favourite pub in Perth that is no longer with us ?

SingaporeSaint

The Glencoe in the High St. Very busy in its day.

Loads of talent went there.

Mondo's or what it was last called, I believe has been shut for some time.

The Glennie wis my auld mans local and when it closed he went to the St Johnstoun !!jeez how auld are you!!:laugh:

• 4 months later...

I thought the Vic/Victoria Bar was closed but someone said to me that it's back open again and the beer is very good. They are seemingly looking to have some music stuff in the future on certain nights. He said the staff were good and the folk there when he went were realy friendly. Might have a look when I get back up.

Great to see a pub open or reopen giving another option since all we hear about are bars closing.

• 4 weeks later...

Bridgend bar no longer with us.

Whoops.......tradesmen doing it up externally/internally at present.

Any idea who's taking over?

I'd love it if it were Athol Henderson, heard he's in bridgend pub a bit, should be named .wait for it.......... "Athol's"

if he opened a pub on Crieff road it be the busiest thing since the big blue and white away days.

It is hard to believe but the Welcome Inn is 50 years old plus, it wis built the same time as the shops and flats which I worked on when they were built I wis an apprentice at the time.

One thing the Welcome had against it when it opened it wis a Wrights pub and for some reason my dads lot didnea like Wrights beer.

When I moved up to Strathtay Rd I used to wander over on a Saturday night it wis still fairly new then, I just googled Wrights and according to the Scottish brewers archives they had become Ushers about 1964. Another thing Newhouse Rd didnea have any geds as chunder noted so on the whole it wisnea a bad place in them days considering as the auld yins used to say!! for being a new pub !!.

On a side note I think the Fues Hoose wis built the same time.

Sorry for the ramble but just a wee bit off history

It is hard to believe but the Welcome Inn is 50 years old plus, it wis built the same time as the shops and flats which I worked on when they were built I wis an apprentice at the time.

One thing the Welcome had against it when it opened it wis a Wrights pub and for some reason my dads lot didnea like Wrights beer.

When I moved up to Strathtay Rd I used to wander over on a Saturday night it wis still fairly new then, I just googled Wrights and according to the Scottish brewers archives they had become Ushers about 1964. Another thing Newhouse Rd didnea have any geds as chunder noted so on the whole it wisnea a bad place in them days considering as the auld yins used to say!! for being a new pub !!.

Old man used to send me to the Feus Hoose " offie" for a Sporting Post and a couple of bottles of pale ale. (hidden up ma jook)

A wee bit before my time jw. I remember it as an Usher's pub. Their Pale Ale wisnae bad but the ither beers were rank. Somebody Carling (Tam?) run the place as I recall.