#15 - 29/10/11 - Saints 0-1 St Mirren - SPL

Care to comment on the back pass in the 92 minute when quite frankly the game is over and the only chance of us grabbing an equaliser is to get it forward asap???

As for your " lost two in nine, well that's fine but we are now managerless and coming into the games against the Arabs, Midden and Dons, I for one ( on the back of that good form you kindly mention) was looking for 5 points at worst. Were you there last week when we had ONE shot on goal. Fans are VERY nervous just now given that we look suddenly poor with the same squad that only a few weeks ago looked top drawer.

As for Ando's shite pass, yip it was not very clever but at 1 down another goal would have made sod all difference if it had been scored by St.Mirren as opposed to a goal scored by St.Johnstone which would have made the world of difference..

Yours, the mental and pathetic Ghostie:wink:

Morris could easily have punted it up, yes. But he obviously felt the better option was to pass back to the keeper who could, in turn, pass the ball to another player who had more option than Jody had. People are just going to have to get used to the fact that Jody isn't the type of player to hoof it up the park and hope for the best.

Yes, I have regularly been at home and away matches this season. I thought today was an improvement on last week, to be honest. But there is no doubt that we must appoint a new manager before the Aberdeen match. It would be a great shame to drop any more points. Cleland was not very vocal today, I didn't think.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times does he have to be shite before it is acceptable to be unhappy about his inclusion in the side. If you had been at all the games young Mooner has played this season you would understand that there views are not based on the first 5 minutes of the game today. When a player constantly plays well below what you expect from him then there does come a breaking point. When I heard the team lines I immediately thought to my self " FFS not Mooner " and that is based on all his games I have seen this season..He has had many chances.:sad:

Pray tell me what he did wrong today? What he did so much worse than everyone else? I must be blind. Millar was honkin' today but didn't hear much abuse directed at him, Craig too.

Today I realised why so many people don't turn up, to avoid the rubbish spouted from our so-called fans around them. The lack of intelligence and football know how in the terraces is dire.

Our team needed support without a manager and all the majority around me could do is shout out how poor several of our players are!

Spot on - booing jody morris - and the team at full time ?

Get a life - ive watched saints in the second division and

If your booing now what u have been like then ?

SUPPORT THE TEAM FFS.

Thank **** I wasnt the only one annoyed at our so called fans today. Firstly site a poor match, both teams were poor and a point each would have beenfair.

But the reaction from our so called fans has left me insensed, pathetic, idiotic, plain arrogant. Leaving 10 minutes before te end, booing at full time if that's how they are goingt to react, **** off. I'd rather have 1500 faithful fans than the shower of shut we have amongst us. I was raging at full time an I bloody well let people around me know it, I made sure my voice was loud enough to e heard by everyone in the vasinty and funnily enough they all stopped as soon as I stared, ****ing cowards. The number of people in our support who don't grasp the concept of ou can't score unless you keep te ball is stupid and not understanding the team can't win evey game FFS we are still 4th on out bidget without a manager, great achievement saint and don't let the narrow minded ****wits deter you, I will always support you through thick and thin and I have ne'er and never will boo a man in blue.

People need to get a grip. Rant over.

Whilst ripping into the fans, would you care to take a moment to comment on the performances of the players on the park as well other than your fairly neutral " both teams were poor" comment..

I agree entirely that we cannot win every game and if the team on the park gives it there all then I have no complaints whatsoever. They were along way short of giving it there all today..

And as I said to RS, the fact that we are managerless at the moment is having a huge effect on how the fans are both feeling and behaving..

phuck it lets just all blame Alec Cleland:laugh: and move on to the Dons game

Pray tell me what he did wrong today? What he did so much worse than everyone else? I must be blind. Millar was honkin' today but didn't hear much abuse directed at him, Craig too.

If you didn't see what mooner " did wrong" today I aint gonna explain it to you. You are obviously not as clued in about football as I was made to believe:wink:

As for others, I totally agree that most of the team were poor today but (a) I am talking about Mooner and (B) those that played poorly today have on the whole not played poorly very often this season, unlike young Kevin.

I hope this clears up my comments on the subject my dear..:D

I know, luckily for everyone I don't have another weekend off this year!

I must have watched the same game as The Real Saints. Thought we had loads of chances and on another day we would have finished them.

Ando is god!

Our fans, a few, do not deserve to support a team like Saints. 4th in the league yet they are booing, moaning and abusing their own players after 5 mins. The guys behind me had it in for Moon the moment they saw he was on the team sheet. Wankers.

really??? 9 shots at the goal with only 3 on target does not count as loads to me. i agree that the booing was a load of cr@p but so was mooner today & jody and so many others.. no fire and no passion on the pitch today

Edited by The Neutral

A poor poor performance today , totally lacking in direction and leadership both on and off the park , Geoff appreciate we need to ensure we get the right guy in but please sooner than later .

As for the game had a draw written all over it but St Mirren did boss us in the middle of the park by having an extra player either drop back or move up. We lacked a physical presence today that only changed when Muzz came on but what has happened to Adams ? with Muzz still not fully fit we could have done with him from the start.As for Mooner, for the second game in a row was rank and rightly hooked but begs the question why he was given a starting place after last weeks showing , Midge poor game by his standards and Jody was back to his old self turning back first then find a pass.

On a lighter note nice to see our "Del's greatest fan" look like a fanny in his special t shirt , attention seeking sprung to mind.

Criticism justified, at least in part. We have been fairly poor in the last two games, but only when measured against how well we've been doing lately over all.

The number of times we passed back to Enck today for him to hit a ball upfield for another 50/50 was madness.

Cagey said Jody can gtf. Others think he was MoM. He certainly wasn't alone in going backwards, options or not. If Frank Lampard thinks that Jody still has what he had when he had 'Xavi in his pocket' ten years ago then I'd like to try what Frank's on. It could only help. Maybe we could spray it over the home fans?

As poor as Mooner may have been, Chris didn't exactly contribute much either. Too many had off days and played like they were directionless, which they are. New manager needed quickly as it's clear that the Jody/Alec thing is not going to work. Gibson showed glimpses last week of what he is capable of, but he's nowhere to be seen this week?

I felt we started the game all wrong, sitting off St Mirren and letting them have possession and come at us. After about twenty minutes we sorted that, and I could only see one winner. For all they had of the ball in our half, I couldn't see a goal coming. As good as Fran is, he can be pretty selfish and a bit wasteful. When it works for him it is quite something though.

It appears that we could easily lose the momentum we worked so hard to build up and definitely lost a great chance to open up a bigger gap on quite a few others.

Frustratingly, the result gives fuel to those who perpetuate the St Mirren brand of silky football myth. Instead of pulling away from them and Kilmarnock and perhaps keeping pace with Motherwell, we have slipped back a bit.

Never booed or shouted abuse at anyone at a match. Not going to start now, but a disappointing result and performance.

If you didn't see what mooner " did wrong" today I aint gonna explain it to you. You are obviously not as clued in about football as I was made to believe:wink:

As for others, I totally agree that most of the team were poor today but (a) I am talking about Mooner and (B) those that played poorly today have on the whole not played poorly very often this season, unlike young Kevin.

I hope this clears up my comments on the subject my dear..:D

What I saw Mooner do was accept passes look to play it forward, see no options because we had **** all movement and have to pass it back/attempt passes that weren't going to work... which is basically how everyone else played in midfield today.

This was a game that was there to be won but a combination of poor shooting,low confidence ( or lack of spark) combined with a midfield that was out-thought and out played meant we did not even get the point we deserved.

Mooner was rightly subbed because he was having another poor game but he was not alone.The ref and east side assistant were pish.

Not a great game and a real lack of spark.Looked like we were just hoping sandaza or Sheridan could nick a goal.

Would have to say I saw no evidence that Cleland is the ready to manage at SPL level. Spent most of the 2nd half talking to someone in the dugout.

More worryingly I saw no subs being sent out of the dugout to warm up.

Whilst ripping into the fans, would you care to take a moment to comment on the performances of the players on the park as well other than your fairly neutral " both teams were poor" comment..

I agree entirely that we cannot win every game and if the team on the park gives it there all then I have no complaints whatsoever. They were along way short of giving it there all today..

And as I said to RS, the fact that we are managerless at the moment is having a huge effect on how the fans are both feeling and behaving..

phuck it lets just all blame Alec Cleland:laugh: and move on to the Dons game

Certainly, yes we were poor, lacking in creativity and movment. However we weren't as bad as others have made out, we had chances, Snadaza flashed one just wide, Sheridan had one cleared off the line. The only thing stopping us winning that game today was a motivator on the sidelines, Jody doesnt carry the authority, sure hes the club captain, but the players needed a leader a manager on the sidelines, which Clelland isnt unfortunately for us. Other than that we defended well and we would have taken a point if Wright had not gone off, since he was controlling the backline yet again.

As you have touched on Mooner was poor, he cannot play in the same team as Morris, no matter how much people may argue, they are too similar. Millar started well and faded, however yet again Davidson shows how much of a miss he is, he bruised his way through the St Mirren defence for the 15 minuted he was on and franlky the sooner he is back the better.

We have a manger for the Aberdeen game and we will win, they have suspensions and frankly a motivator and more drive in midfield would have won us the game today and I'm convinved it will see us beat Aberdeen. Happy Ghostie, you're macking a bit of an arse of yourself, which isnt liek you. One of those days where everyone will disagree unfortunately.

The difference between the teams today was movement off the ball. St Mirren players always seemed to have an option while we were forced to pass back because there was seldom a Saints player moving into an open space. This makes the central midfielders - Morris and Moon - look negative. Personally I thought Morris had a very good game given his lack of options.

On a slightly different subject, I was sat in the East Stand today, towards the car park end. Not long after Hasselbank came on for the Midden he got into a tangle with one of ours (Ando?), at which point I'm convinced someone chose to shout "you black b*****d".

If I wasn't just imagining it then it's shameful and unacceptable. Like I say I didn't see who it was and maybe I misheard, though if it was anyone on here you should be ashamed of yourself.

As for the game, it was frustrating and a disappointing result. A few off-days were had. Was pleased to see Muzz on, probably should have been earlier. Can't understand why Gibson wasn't on the bench. Can't help but think there was no need for the booing, but that's just me.

Thought we deserved a point but lost it in midfield today where we were too easily bossed about. Mooner was poor, yes, but at least was willing to get forward as an option for a pass. Millar and Craig were wide open at times but the ball was just punted up the middle of the park most of the time - mainly because our defence can't distribute from the back and the central midfield were crowded out and forced to pass back too much.

Was better than last week but I think it rules Cleland out. We need to get a manager in soon though so the players can get the kick up the erse they need.

As for the boos at full-time I thought they were a bit OTT. Mind you when you see a numpty Saints fan wearing a t-shirt thanking bristol city for taking del you maybe we don't deserve much better on the park.:evil:

As for the game, it was frustrating and a disappointing result. A few off-days were had. Was pleased to see Muzz on, probably should have been earlier. Can't understand why Gibson wasn't on the bench. .

Pretty much a straight choice between Haber and Gibson for the bench. Needed cover for the defense and the midfield which effectively leaves us with room for one 'flair' player thanks to the three under 21 rule.

Thats the thing which gets me, the under 21 rule, we could have had a bench of Mannus, Maybury, Adams,Davidson, Gibson, Finnigan and haber. That amount of options is untangable, compared to the shitey 3 we get, well ultimately 2 unless a defender comes off, its a stupid rule and should be abolished.

Certainly, yes we were poor, lacking in creativity and movment. However we weren't as bad as others have made out, we had chances, Snadaza flashed one just wide, Sheridan had one cleared off the line. The only thing stopping us winning that game today was a motivator on the sidelines, Jody doesnt carry the authority, sure hes the club captain, but the players needed a leader a manager on the sidelines, which Clelland isnt unfortunately for us. Other than that we defended well and we would have taken a point if Wright had not gone off, since he was controlling the backline yet again.

As you have touched on Mooner was poor, he cannot play in the same team as Morris, no matter how much people may argue, they are too similar. Millar started well and faded, however yet again Davidson shows how much of a miss he is, he bruised his way through the St Mirren defence for the 15 minuted he was on and franlky the sooner he is back the better.

We have a manger for the Aberdeen game and we will win, they have suspensions and frankly a motivator and more drive in midfield would have won us the game today and I'm convinved it will see us beat Aberdeen. Happy Ghostie, you're macking a bit of an arse of yourself, which isnt liek you. One of those days where everyone will disagree unfortunately.

I don't think for one minute I am "making and arse of myself"..I have not resorted to any name calling and have stated my opinions. Where I have read others opinions which I disagree with, I have at time questioned them ( nothing untoward there)

I never called anyone PATHETIC, MENTAL, ARSE altghough I did suggest that anyone saying we were anything other than ( I think the word I used was brutal) was plain stupid..

I think if you care to read back through my comments , they are , certainly for me, quite fair and balanced..

Yours, the pathetic mental arse Ghostie..:laugh:

Aye mooners been poor, ultimately since Morris came back. Davidsons fit now an will rightly take his place back and we will become a better tea

, that's not open for debate.

Think that is the problem.Don`t know if they are too similar or Moon is intimidated by Morris but he never plays well when they are both in team & Moon seems to think everything has to go through Morris.

Lets actually try and get 3000 fans at the game and can we actually try and sing!!!! the players need backing they need a 12th man but some of the time you could hear a pin drop

COYS

trouble is the 12th man get huckled by stewards and polis.!!!! not allowed to get excited at mcd!!!!