Sandaza - Paper Talk

Broon

If you can get the 20-30 a season he's capable of, it's a no lose scenario. We can keep the sand dancer too.

Perfect scenario as I don't want to see Del take a load of your players but we are trying to cut the wage bill not put yet another massive wage on to it.

We do have loads of players (18) out of contract in the summer so that's when we may come sniffing as Del will, pretty much, have licence to build his own squad.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally dont think there is anything to worry about here. My understanding is that Fran IS indeed still injured at the moment.

For people to suggest that he is not willing to play due to the cold weather or saving himself for January transfer window is just nonsense. The medical staff will have assessed him and if he was fit they would be relaying this back to Lomas, however as I say I understand that he is still carrying a knock, but all being well will be back in the squad for either the Dunfermline or Kilmarnock game.

Also, im not buying the suggestion that Lomas has falling out with Fran beacuse he has been touting himself to other clubs. Lomas has been involved in football for long enough to realise that agents of players whom are approaching the end of their contracts will naturally be touted around to other clubs. Kevin Moon is still in the 1st team, despite being linked with several other clubs. Even if there had been an argument, im sure that Lomas would realise that his worth as a player to the team would be more significant than any personal argument.

I predict that Fran will be with us until at least the end of the season.

I heard he wants to play. He certainly made that clear in Tues paper when he said his family were going to watch the match on Sky in a Madrid bar. Moon's also made it clear today that he wants to sign a new deal in the next 2 weeks & Lomas has spoken to SB about contract extensions & possible transfer targets in Jan so things seem to be moving in the right direction.

Would be welcome news going into the Christmas eve game. Dunno if i'm looking too much into it but there are a whole load of new pics on the official site featuring Sandaza. Can't see why they would be put up if we were going to let him go/not play him again due to falling out with Lomas

Interesting that one of the slide show banner pictures is of Fran and Liam arguing over the penalty that Liam ultimately missed (and we lost) - caused a lot of discussion on here at the time around Del's decision

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
Interesting that one of the slide show banner pictures is of Fran and Liam arguing over the penalty that Liam ultimately missed (and we lost) - caused a lot of discussion on here at the time around Del's decision

Better get Robert Langdon on the case. This is more cryptic than Da Vinci's 'Last Supper' :wink:

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
:D I didn't mean 'interesting' as in it had any significance to his future here...just that it was a moment that we don't particularly want to remember

or does it.......

No.

I think that picture is actually the Dundee Utd home game after that Liam miss, where we won the penalty and Liam was claiming the spot kick and Fran telt him he was taking it cause Liam missed the previous one.