Come on the Gers

wee john

support the scottish teams in europe (inc celtic) its good for the national reputation
fair enough i can manage that with every other team but my feelings for rangers mean i can't do it for them. cannae just start liking them for europen games. christ, they want to be english anyway :evil:

Rubbish Radders - for CL placings we want Rangers to get through. The way it stands at the moment is we could have an automatic qualifier and a 3rd qualifying round place should either Rangers get through or the winners have already qualified through their league placing.

Hope Rangers do it, especially to send McLeish off after the shit he has taken recently.

As it stands we have one team in the group stages already and the league runners up playing two qualifiers, assuming they can win the 1st qualifier (which consists of diddier teams than ours) even a defeat in the second round gets them a UEFA spot.

Loadsa European games next year. More games means more points, it is a spiral, all for the benefit if Scottish football.

By the time we get back in the SPL we might have 3 uefa places and we'll just need to finish 4th :lol::lol:

John,

At the moment we do not have an automatic qualifier for next season yet. We have the champions who will play 3rd qualifying round and 2nd place will play 2nd qualifying round (against diddy teams such as Artmedia Bratislava :lol::shock: ).

This will change providing Rangers do not lose or the 11th place country (Turkey per chance?) have Fenerbahce fail to win so that we have an automatic qualifier. Should the CL winners have already qualified by virtue of their domestic league placing, our 2nd placed side will go straight into the 3rd qualifying round as we are the highest ranked country to enter at the 2nd qualifying stage - at least this is how it was put on the radio this weekend!!!

the biggest question is whether to watch Rangers v Inter or Chelsea v Liverpool......hmmmmm......

I'm playing at McyD if you fancy some real entertainment, and not through good skills... or can I suggest getting some paint and sticking it on the wall and watching it dry... both more tempting than the boring Champions League...

Just noticed on STV that rangers are running out to a massive UNION JACK on the stand opposite the main stans and ST ANDREWS CROSS behind the goals.

My understanding was that we had a direct place in the group stage next season provided that there was no rank outsider winning th competition this season. Nothing to do with tonights result.

Who cares about extra european places - I detest the **** with a vengence, absolute scum.

There's not a team anywhere I'd want them to beat, anytime.

Ever met a decent bloke who supports Rangers - no chance there aren't any - all loud mouth, ignorant, bigoted scum.

Can't even watch it on TV it irritates me so much.

How jammy can you get. Inter were treating the game as a training exercise & Artmedia spent the night playing shooty in but could not score.

Could not give a shit about co-efficiants or additinal teams in Europe. It wont be us so fcuk the ****.

If we reach the cup final against one of the top 4 and get to Europe next year, I would then hope you don't join the glory bandwagon from that extra UEFA place!!!

I'm playing at McyD if you fancy some real entertainment, and not through good skills... or can I suggest getting some paint and sticking it on the wall and watching it dry... both more tempting than the boring Champions League...

The Champions League is rubbish, it is not a competition I have any interest in. I'd have it disbanded - it only makes the rich clubs richer and is bad for real, old-fashioned competitions like the FA Cup.

I'm 37.

If we reach the cup final against one of the top 4 and get to Europe next year, I would then hope you don't join the glory bandwagon from that extra UEFA place!!!

Co-efficients are only of relevance to a tiny number of clubs and I personally feel that the benefit of an improved co-efficient is far out-weighed by the harm the OF do Scottish Football. I will always back any club facing the OF in Europe.

P.S. Totally agree with Dev that the Champions League is a crap competition anyway, as the whole thing has been fine-tuned to benefit the tiny minority of clubs who have all the cash. It's in the interests of those of us who support clubs like Saints to wish for the whole tournament to go tits-up and be scrapped.

The CL will never go tits up, it is here to stay like it or not.

I'm a traditionalist and would love it to be for Champs and the old non seeded knock out, but that will never happen, TV dictates and the CL is TV heaven. I'm certain 99% of football enjoy it too.

As for those "Scottish football fans" who put their hatred of the OF before the good of Scottish football (and that includes the good of St Johnstone), you need to take a good look at yourselves.

Ask any chairman/board of any Scottish club and they will tell you how much we need Scottish teams in Europe, the vast majority of Scottish football fans can see it also, it is only a small minority that are blinkered.

Yes you can give me all the bigotry, Ireland, E***and guff the OF fans come out with but that does not take away the need for our country to be in the forefront of European football.

As already stated there WILL be an automatic entry into the CL and another in the qualifiers and pretty soon we should have another UEFA spot on top of the extra place because of 2 CL places. Hearts, Hibs and maybe Killie fans will be jumping for joy. Saints chance will come again and when it does I'm sure you will all be praising the exploits of all our clubs in Europe if we got that extra UEFA place.

It's all well and good going on about how good it is for the Scottish game but it would be nice to see a team of Scottish players instead of these overpaid underworked foreign import has-beens that are currently there!!

Yes, it is great for the tv but last night I could have picked up about 500 tickets for the match as they were being given away free by the Tourist Guides in Argyle Street and several of the hotels.

Get the football off tv and get the fans back into the grounds, maybe then we would start seeing more folk at McD as well.....

But you could also say the same about us!!! When was the last time we had a team of 11 Scotsmen on the field - maybe once or twice in the last 15 years at most!

While the OF are part of the Scottish game I back them in Europe and against Dundee - when/if they leave Scotttish football then they can GTF as Chelsea/Liverpool/Real Madrid are concerned.

It's all well and good going on about how good it is for the Scottish game but it would be nice to see a team of Scottish players instead of these overpaid underworked foreign import has-beens that are currently there!!

YES OFCOURSE IT WOULD BE NICE BUT GO TO ANY LEAGUE IN THE WORLD AND YOU'LL SEE OVERPAID FOREIGN IMPORTS, NOT ALL HAS BEENS AS IN THE RANGERS TEAM AT THE MOMENT THOUGH.

Yes, it is great for the tv but last night I could have picked up about 500 tickets for the match as they were being given away free by the Tourist Guides in Argyle Street and several of the hotels.

Get the football off tv and get the fans back into the grounds, maybe then we would start seeing more folk at McD as well.....

NO CHANCE IN THE WORLD, TV PAYS/DICTATES FOOTBALL, PART OF FOOTBALL LIFE I'M AFRAID.

The format has changed. It's gone from them failing to do anything in Europe and then coming back and dicking every provincial club in Scotland to...

Progressing in Europe and getting dicked by everybody in Scotland.

I like it like this. They're doing Scottish football good and at the same time are in danger of becoming relegation candidates in the SPL.

Yeeehaaa!!!! :lol::lol: