2012/13 UEFA Europa League - St Johnstone

Shibbydoo

I'm embarrassed by the comment. Lomas is not a footballer, he is the manager of our club and therefore an ambassador for the club. It's very disrespectful to our opponents. Not the type of comment I'd expect from our manager - and I very much doubt something we'd have heard from Coyle or McInnes.

I know, but you can't pronounce their name either, can you? Its not that easy to find out how to say it, but you're not the manager though, so you don't need to. Small matter of us not even knowing WHO we're playing yet anyway.

Well impressed with the Turkish fan on here who explained the pronunciation and everything else he could about his team and our visit to his country. That's the true spirit of football and many of us could learn a thing or two about how to treat fellow supporters from this individual.

In the grand scheme of things, I'm not going to buy a season ticket until the manager retracts his statement and learns to pronounce our opponents' name correctly.

I mean it.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but you can't pronounce their name either, can you? Its not that easy to find out how to say it, but you're not the manager though, so you don't need to. Small matter of us not even knowing WHO we're playing yet anyway.

Well impressed with the Turkish fan on here who explained the pronunciation and everything else he could about his team and our visit to his country. That's the true spirit of football and many of us could learn a thing or two about how to treat fellow supporters from this individual.

In the grand scheme of things, I'm not going to buy a season ticket until the manager retracts his statement and learns to pronounce our opponents' name correctly.

I mean it.

How do you know I can't pronounce it? I have served abroad while in the forces and know how important it is to make an effort with this kind of thing.

You're right when you say I'm not the manager - but part of his job, as I said before is to act as an ambassador for the club. If that was part of my job then I would be making every effort to take that part of the job seriously.

Your last paragraph is just childish.

Hi, from Turkey, Eskisehir.

We will be glad to be in Perth.

We will be glad to see you in Eskisehir.

Some videos... here we are..

Welcome, eses. We are looking forward to visiting Eskisehir (or wherever else the match might be played :? ) and if you can come to visit us in Scotland, you will be made very welcome in Perth.

How do you know I can't pronounce it?

You can't pronounce it because you don't know who it is!

I have served abroad while in the forces and know how important it is to make an effort with this kind of thing.

You're right when you say I'm not the manager - but part of his job, as I said before is to act as an ambassador for the club. If that was part of my job then I would be making every effort to take that part of the job seriously.

Your last paragraph is just childish.

Lost your sense of humour as well?

We're playing in Europe not winning hearts and minds.

I agree with Noose, but also agree with the guy who called Lomas a knob. Yes, I agree Lomas does come across as a bit of a knob. But then again, i think he will be sacked by xmas. yes.

#backtothelovin

That's the spirit :laugh:

Seriously though, are you really so annoyed by that? Or even surprised?

Footballers aren't generally known for their finesse and intellect.

I'm more interested about how we play, but I do understand what you're saying too.

I agree its not a big issue, but still a comment I would 100% prefer he hadn't bothered trying to make.

Thankfully recent croft signings show he at least has some qualities, and they are slightly more important!

The UEFA stadium inspectors came out and compiled a full report about our Ataturk Stadium and it seems that they will OK the stadium for Europa League Competitions. Many reports saying UEFA have given the ok, so basically you will be coming down to Eskisehir for the game. Wish you guys the best of luck in your travels, it will be a memorable occasions for both sets of fans.