2012/13 UEFA Europa League - St Johnstone

Shibbydoo

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the club not take a charter flight with space for fans??

Motherwell did this & for about £300/£400 you got flight, transfers to game & airport plus one night in a hotel.

Maybe folk should hold off & see if club offer anything?

Maybe... But if they don't or it turns out really dear then you miss the boat on good deals elsewhere. Plus I want to make a week of it which wouldn't happen otherwise.

Maybe... But if they don't or it turns out really dear then you miss the boat on good deals elsewhere. Plus I want to make a week of it which wouldn't happen otherwise.

I've heard the club are looking into doing this, but with the uncertainty, I wouldn't expect an announcement for a wee while yet. In terms of price, this is a bit of a nightmare draw. In terms of the game itself, it will be absolutely amazing over in Turkey.

Without it sounding a bit of a pathetic love-in comment, thanks to the Eskişehirspor supporters who have joined and are offering useful advice. If any of you have any questions about getting to and staying in Perth for the other leg, please ask.

Probably best to have a thread for that. Would be easier to get to the information.

2,541 miles by car, apparently going by Google you can drive it in 43 hours via:

• France
  • Belgium
  • Germany
  • Austria
  • Slovenia
  • Crotia
  • Bosnia and Herzogovena
  • Serbia
  • Bulgaria, and finally into Turkey!

Then back again of course!

Some nice sceneryand going by UK prices roughly 338.80 for diesel :idea:

2,541 miles by car, apparently going by Google you can drive it in 43 hours via:

• France
  • Belgium
  • Germany
  • Austria
  • Slovenia
  • Crotia
  • Bosnia and Herzogovena
  • Serbia

Seem to remember a previous Beatson road trip of these proportions?

BESIKTAS are confident that their appeal will be Favourable with the "Court of Sporting Arbitration" and have cited a similar appeal by BURSASPOR (who have been re-instated) IF Besiktas are succesful then the club we have been drawn to play will be dropped from this years tournament (as they only were admitted when Besiktas were excluded).

The hearing is due this coming week.

In terms of price, this is a bit of a nightmare draw. In terms of the game itself, it will be absolutely amazing over in Turkey.

I'm getting married in a fortnight, with a 3 week honeymoon after so will miss both legs :cry: but I would encourage anyone who can afford to go not to miss the opportunity. The memories will never be forgotten.

The draw itself is as good as it gets. Great weather, amazing atmosphere, great looking location, not as expensive as some of the places we could have ended up with and looks like a really good team but maybe not impossible to beat.

BESIKTAS are confident that their appeal will be Favourable with the "Court of Sporting Arbitration" and have cited a similar appeal by BURSASPOR (who have been re-instated) IF Besiktas are succesful then the club we have been drawn to play will be dropped from this years tournament (as they only were admitted when Besiktas were excluded).

The hearing is due this coming week.

Rumours that Shagger McGregors agent is talking to Besiktas!Would it not be great to say hello to an old friend!:)

I'm getting married in a fortnight, with a 3 week honeymoon after so will miss both legs :cry: but I would encourage anyone who can afford to go not to miss the opportunity. The memories will never be forgotten.

The draw itself is as good as it gets. Great weather, amazing atmosphere, great looking location, not as expensive as some of the places we could have ended up with and looks like a really good team but maybe not impossible to beat.

Said a former Rangers owner...

• France
  • Belgium
  • Germany
  • Austria
  • Slovenia
  • Crotia
  • Bosnia and Herzogovena
  • Serbia

Wow :) Your trip plan is great but you shound't buy fuel in Turkey :razz: We're using the most expensive petrol in the World :twisted: Tax Tax Tax...

you need to find a fly to ankara

not istanbul

Ok, assuming it is Eskisehir, Turkey, what are the chance that the match will be played at Eskisehir's stadium.

I am working on the basis that it will be Eskisehir, Turkey and we will play either in Ankara or Eskisehir......

I am booking a ticket to Ankara.

Ok, assuming it is Eskisehir, Turkey, what are the chance that the match will be played at Eskisehir's stadium.

I am working on the basis that it will be Eskisehir, Turkey and we will play either in Ankara or Eskisehir......

I am booking a ticket to Ankara.

Actually no difference between Ankara and Eskisehir. If buy tickets for Ankara, than Ankara and Eskisehir so close each other with fast train (1.25H), same as Edinburgh Glasgow in Scotland.

bi_efes_pilsen_70.gif

You know the taste like a gourmet :razz:

Really, we are paying around £1.30 to £1.36 per litre. Surely Turkey is cheaper than this?!

We're paying appx £1.60 to 1.65 / Litre :sad:

Eskisehir

If the match is NOT in Eskisehir, what are the chances that it will be in Istanbul?

Nobody wants play in Istanbul cause Ataturk Olimpic Stadium's capacity f*ckng big (77K) almost impossible to make it full from distant city. If UEFA said you can't play here, Ankara is best choice.

If you ask me as a Turk; everything is possible here, we'll play in our home :) our rules are flexible we called as a "advanced democracy" :razz:

Edited by Eskisehirspor

We're paying appx £1.60 to 1.65 / Litre :sad:

Nobody wants play in Istanbul cause Ataturk Olimpic Stadium's capacity f*ckng big (77K) almost impossible to make it full from distant city. If UEFA said you can't play here, Ankara is best choice.

If you ask me as a Turk; everything is possible here, we'll play in our home :) our rules are flexible we called as a "advanced democracy" :razz:

Yenikent Asaş Stadium in Ankara seems the only one of the 3 in the city suitable for European Football. The others look weathered.