The Big Turkey Travel Thread

soulfulsaint

I forgot write thanks for remind nips, Öğretmen Evi we called as Public House of Teachers which works same as hotel. Normally they're giving service for teachers but if there is a free room you can stay. Prices are much more cheaper than hotels. For 3 people rooms 12-14 pound / person for a night. For 2 people rooms 19-20 pound / person for a night.

Best thing that it's almost 500-600mt to Eskisehir's Stadium, and also 100mt to my house, if you need help i'll be there in short-time.

Virtual tour http://www.yenisehrim.com/sanaltur/eskisehir/ogretmenevi/

Tel: +90 222 2306838 (If they don't know English, let me know i can ask)

do you have a supporters club or pub that you all meet (not looking for any trouble)

i would like to add my thanks to all turkish people who have helped

enjoy the game enjoy the drink 100% want the game in eses

les

I think it is an advantage to be at home for the second leg. Wouldn`t want to go to Turkey in second leg looking for a result. Turkish fans can be ,shall we say boisterous.

You are surely an optimist :laugh:

Scottish clubs have been put out (sometimes embarrassed) by teams from countries far weaker than Turkey.

But, you never know in this crazy game of ours what can happen.

As for Turkish fans being boisterous - do they not slaughter goats before their matches sometimes? Maybe not EsEs fans though.

Probably u check cheap hotel as in normal but no worries if u show up with ur pass they cant say anything, that is precaution only to be not a place for sleazy ppl.

Neverthless i dont suggest u to stay in ankara coz ita a boring city. U can find a lot of things to do and better hotels (also cheaper) in EsEs. Put something on u which shows u came from scotland and ask where is the bar's street, but try to pronounce like a spanglish which is easier to understand for Turkish ppl compere then scottish :)

It was the Anemon hotel in Eskisehir i was checking, it seems ok there,and is rated 2nd out of 15 on the tripadvisor website, not expensive either.

There are a lot of good late deals flying from Glasgow to various Turkish or even Bulgarian resorts from the 14th to the 21st of July. Some come in from around £350 for a week which I would expect would be less than the 2 night package some are trying to do.

I suppose it all depends on how much time you have and whether people want to travel over Turkey for a day pre and post match.

Me + 3 going Edinburgh - Istanbul Ataturk. Tues - Sat.

Would also be interested in a group hire of a bus. No hotels have been booked yet, but would prefer to have 1 night in Eses rather than travel back into the night. The price of 1 night in a hotel would be worth it to be part of the aftermatch party.

For the others based in Istanbul - In the case that it is played in Ankara - would the best option of group travel still be to bus to Eses and fast train to Ankara, or would the extra length of journey tempt people to get an internal flight?

Me + 3 going Edinburgh - Istanbul Ataturk. Tues - Sat.

Would also be interested in a group hire of a bus. No hotels have been booked yet, but would prefer to have 1 night in Eses rather than travel back into the night. The price of 1 night in a hotel would be worth it to be part of the aftermatch party.

For the others based in Istanbul - In the case that it is played in Ankara - would the best option of group travel still be to bus to Eses and fast train to Ankara, or would the extra length of journey tempt people to get an internal flight?

From what I gather.............

NO high speed train from Ankara to Es Es and NO flight for either Ankara or Istanbul to Es Es ? please somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Regardless of what everybody does can we all try and have a pre and post march party where ever it is played.

gthere is no direct train from ankara to eskisehir right now. it exist 2 months ago but now it does not. train go to till sincan (a town near ankara) and do not go to ankara directly.

from ataturk airport (european side) in istanbul to eskisehir = go to bus (30 min), go to eskisehir (normally 5 hrs, but due to the maintenance in bridge 2 it will take 7-8 hrs) total cost: 20-25 euro (taxi can be used till u arrive to the buses).

from saw airport (anatolian side) in istanbul to eskisehir = go to bus (30 min), go to eskisehir in 3-4 hrs there is lots of diff. bw. european side and anotolian side of istanbul in terms of time spending. total cost: 20-25 euro (do not use taxi to arrive to the buses, use airport bus transportation called "havatas") use this way if match will be played in eskisehir ataturk olimp. stadium against eskisehir

from ankara esenboga airport to eskisehir = first go to sincan (1 hr), then take train and go to eskisehir (1.5 hrs) total cost: 20 euro (do not use taxi to arrive to the buses, use airport bus transportation called "havas") i explained the way you arrive to eskisehir but do not use this option to arrive eskisehir since it is time wasting. use this way if match will be played in ankara 19 mayıs stadium against eskisehir. so you will only need to arrive ankara 19 mayıs stad. from airport and it is easy.

from ataturk airport (european side) in istanbul to bursa: use "havatas" busses to arrive yenikapı. then use sea way to arrive bursa. total cost 30 euro, duration 2.5 hrs. use this way if match will be played in bursa against bursa.

from saw airport (anatolian side) in istanbul to bursa: use "havatas" to arrive busses, and take busses to go to bursa. total cost 15-20 euro, duration 3.5 hrs. use this way if match will be played in bursa against bursa.

from ankara esenboga airport to bursa = first go to sincan (1 hr), then take train and go to eskisehir (1.5 hrs), then take bus from eskisehir to bursa (2.5 hrs) total cost: 30-35 euro (do not use taxi to arrive to the buses, use airport bus transportation called "havas") use this way if match will be played in bursa against bursa but it is also time wasting way.

i think this covers all combinations.

:) have a nice trip.

I apologise. This suggests there is no direct train from Ankara airport but there is from Sincan.

My head hurts :confused:

There is a high speed train from Ankara to Es Es.

There is not one from Istanbul - that would require a bus.

so sorry but there is no high speed train from Ankara to Es Es rigth now directly. it was 2-3 months ago but now it does not due to the some maintenance activities.

that train goes from eskisehir to sincan (a town near ankara 30 km) after sincan there is no train to ankara.

to eskisehir:

• ankara airport ----30 min with bus ---> ankara -----30 min with bus----> sincan ----1hr with train---> eskisehir ----5 min--> stadium

• saw airport -----30 min with bus----> istanbul ----30 min wtih bus----> bus terminal ----4 hr with bus----> eskisehir -----5 min--> stadium

• ataturk airport -----30 min with bus------> istanbul ----- 30 min with bus-------> bridge -----2 hr with bus------> anatolian side of istanbul------4 hr with bus------> eskisehir -----5 min--> stadium

to return:

• stadium -----5 min---> eskisehir -----1hr with train---> sincan -----30 min with bus ---> ankara -----30 min with bus----> ankara airport

• stadium -----5 min---> eskisehir -----4 hr with bus---> istanbul -----30 min with bus----> saw airport

• stadium -----5 min---> eskisehir -----5.5 hr with bus---> istanbul -----30 min with bus----> ataturk airport

• i know it is very compex but it was easy before to arrive eskisehir.

• till last year eskisehir was the most convinient city in turkey based on transportation, there was flights from istanbul to eskisehir (20 min) but now cancelled.

• by bus it was 4 hr to arrive but not now because bridge is closed in ist.

• by train from istanbul to eskisehir you could go in 4 hr but now it is cancelled.

• by train from ankara to eskisehir you can go 1.5 hr but now it is cancelled.

i live in istanbul and they cancelled all my transportation ways :( sorry guys.