The Big Turkey Travel Thread

soulfulsaint

How can UEFA....

1. not confirm what team we are playing

2. not confirm whether the first leg is home or away

3. not confirm where the game will be played (if it's Eskisehir we play).

Shambles. It'd be difficult to mess it up worse than that deliberately.

I blame the SPL - Doncaster must have had a hand in this :)

How can UEFA....

1. not confirm what team we are playing

2. not confirm whether the first leg is home or away

3. not confirm where the game will be played (if it's Eskisehir we play).

Shambles. It'd be difficult to mess it up worse than that deliberately.

2. We are away for the first leg (19/7) and home for the second (26/7) and that is confirmed

not arabic. we are not arab !

Saints fans are in a dilema as we do not know who we will be playing for certain. Flights to Istanbul mean we could get to both venues easily enough and they are far cheaper when travelling to the UK.

Can I ask what would be the best way of getting to your city from Istanbul and approximate prices and time this would take? Thanks very much for your help, I know it is appreciated by all Saints fans!

Gumbet's got the best beach (a short dolmus ride from Bodrum). There's a hotel there the Park im Palas which is good and inexpensive.

I was in Gumbet in 1996, it was still developing then but still had a great time with friends.

Bodrum airport wasn't built at the time so it was a 4 1/2 hour bus journey from Izmir and there was no bog on the bus. There's an airport there now though I think just a half hour away.

Gumbet & Bodrum are about as far apart as Perth & Scone, but it's a hoor of a hike over a coastal hill. Like you say, a short dolmus ride for sweetie money to get between the two.

Bodrum was a nice place with a decent market, although I was 19 at the time and there for a lad's holiday for the booze 'n' burds!

There're many charters flights to Bodrum and Antalya but Eskisehir is quite far from those cities. If you're planing to stay for a week why not. I don't advice toursitc destination's charter flights for a few days which will be f*cking exhousted for sure :D

Turkish, Arabic, Kurdish, Kabardian, Farsi and Dimli are the main ones.

They also talk turkey every now and again :razz:

Sorry for my friend's response, nowadays Turkey is really sensitive about Turkish-Kurdish & Syria stuff. %98 of poplulation speaking Turkish. There're some old Kurdish people from Eastern Turkey, they can't.

You're coming to modernest city and students' capital in Turkey, so %50 percent them can speak English.

I know you guys are not Arabs. I spent a few years working in Turkey and am very well aware of the situation regarding different ethnic groups there.

According to this website

http://www.joshuaproject.net/countries.php?rog3=TU

58m of Turkey's 73m people speak Turkish. I listed in my earlier post the languages spoken by more than 1m people.

My Turkish is pretty rusty but I know a little. It's good that so many of you speak English now as that will be helpful when we come over.

Saints fans are in a dilema as we do not know who we will be playing for certain. Flights to Istanbul mean we could get to both venues easily enough and they are far cheaper when travelling to the UK.

Can I ask what would be the best way of getting to your city from Istanbul and approximate prices and time this would take? Thanks very much for your help, I know it is appreciated by all Saints fans!

between eskisehir and istanbul takes 4.5 hours with a bus.

no train avaliable now.

it costs nearly 15 euro(istanbul-esk)

try to fly ankara

So really, it seems best to fly to Ankara and commute from there wether its bursaspor or eskisehir? Or am I missing a beat here?

Hopefully somebody can clarify if there is a train Ankara to Eski... or if only bus then how long that takes ??? I get the feeling the bus journey isnt that much shorter after having a quick look on google map. Best thing would be for the game tobe shifted to Istanbul or Ankara.

Hopefully somebody can clarify if there is a train Ankara to Eski... or if only bus then how long that takes ??? I get the feeling the bus journey isnt that much shorter after having a quick look on google map. Best thing would be for the game tobe shifted to Istanbul or Ankara.

IF FLYING TO ISTANBUL

The high speed train line is currently being built between Istanbul and Eski... and that is why it is bus service only and apparently takes 4.5 to 6 hours (no thanks). The high speed train line between Eski... and Ankara already exists and the journey is 1.5 hours.

If game in Eski... you could wither sit on a bus for that journey or fly internally (cheap at the moment) to Ankara then hop on the train.

If game in Ankara, you would have to get bus to Eski... and then hop on the train or you could just fly internally straight there.

IF FLYING TO ANKARA

All you have to do is stay where you are if game is there or jump on a 1.5 hour train if it is kept in Eski...