The Big Turkey Travel Thread

soulfulsaint

eseses - are there buses that leave Eskisehir late in the evening? Like after the game would finish?

Two guys in our group need to get back to Istanbul by 5am at the latest on the Friday morning!

Assuming that there would be no traffic at late night, Eskisehir-Istanbul (last stop-Esenler Otogari) trip lasts for about 6 hours. They need to get on any bus at 10:00 pm latest.

Kamil Koc has a 9:00 pm bus (schedule below is for July 19th):

https://secure.kamilkoc.com.tr/SeferSorgula.aspx?k=1077&v=1094&g=19-7-2012&yks=1

Two of us flying into Antalya on the Tuesday night, then catching an internal flight up to Ankara on Wednesday morning, before catching train to Eskeshir. Then heading back down to Antalya on the Friday night to spend a few days in the sun celebrating Saints win!

Baiggers - appologies also didn't realise prices were turkish Lira. Although a pleasant surprise at cost. Flights also booked. If dont speak before see you at the airport!

Good stuff, are you on the same flights? 7am on the Wed and 6.15pm coming back on the Friday?

what are train times from ankara to es es on 18/07/2012 evening

High-speed trains (which is called Yuksek Hizli Tren-YHT in Turkish) run between Ankara and Eskisehir and the travel time is less than 70 min. Due to a construction work in one of the bridges in Ankara, the departure point was moved to Sincan train station (Sincan is a suburb of Ankara). You can get on the free shuttle services from Ankara train station (Ankara Gari) to Sincan train station an hour before each scheduled train. You can also reach Sincan station using the city busses (you don't need to pay if you show your train ticket). Here's the schedule:

http://www.tcdd.gov.tr/home/detail/?id=872

As you can see, there are 10 round-trip services from Sincan to Eskisehir everyday (trains leave Sincan at 7:00 a.m., 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., respectively).

High-speed trains (which is called Yuksek Hizli Tren-YHT in Turkish) run between Ankara and Eskisehir and the travel time is less than 70 min. Due to a construction work in one of the bridges in Ankara, the departure point was moved to Sincan train station (Sincan is a suburb of Ankara). You can get on the free shuttle services from Ankara train station (Ankara Gari) to Sincan train station an hour before each scheduled train. You can also reach Sincan station using the city busses (you don't need to pay if you show your train ticket). Here's the schedule:

http://www.tcdd.gov.tr/home/detail/?id=872

As you can see, there are 10 round-trip services from Sincan to Eskisehir everyday (trains leave Sincan at 7:00 a.m., 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., respectively).

can you give me info on travel from ankara airport to sincan train station

again i would like all the turkish lads for all their help

Hi everybody. I am from İstanbul/Turkey. I wish you a nice trip to Eskişehir. I am sure the fans of both teams are very excited as they rarely have chance in Europe competitions so far. I am a Fenerbahçe fan but I will come to watch the match in Eskişehir with one of my friend who is Eskişehirspor fan.

The easiest way to reach Eskişehir is flying to Ankara and then travel to Eskişehir by high-speed train. First you will take the shuttle services (Havaş) from Ankara Esenboğa Airport to the city center that is 19 Mayıs Stadium stop. Ankara train station (Ankara Garı) is just 300 m from there. You will buy your ticket and take free shuttle service to Sincan train station 1 hour before departure time.

can you give me info on travel from ankara airport to sincan train station

again i would like all the turkish lads for all their help

Ankara Esenboga Airport is a bit far away from the city centre (~35 km) and Sincan train station (~50 km). You have a few options from the Airport to Eskisehir:

1- Take the city bus (also called EGO bus) 442 (which parks in front of the arrivals exit of both domestic and international terminals) to ASTI (Ankara Sehirlerarası Terminal Isletmesi - the main bus station of Ankara). Those buses are every 20 min from very early in the morning to late night and total travel time is about 100 min:

http://www.ego.gov.tr/parts/egohareketsaatleri.asp?NO=442&KALKIS=&VARIS=

Then, take any intercity bus (Kamil Koc, Ulusoy, etc.) to Eskisehir. Buses charge around 15,00 - 20,00 TL and it takes ~ 3 - 3.5 hours from Ankara to Eskisehir.

2- Take the same city bus (i.e., 442) from the airport and asks the driver for Ankara Gari (Ankara train station). When it comes to Ankara Gari, get off the bus and wait for the free shuttle (EGO bus) to Sincan train station. There might be more than one shuttle depending on the number of passengers. The shuttles depart 1 hr before high-speed train's (YHT) departure (see my previous message) and brings you there in 30 min. YHT from Sincan to Eskisehir charges 20,00 TL for a 70 min trip (one-way).

3- footballturco's suggestion above (Havas shuttle > Ankara Gari + Free shuttle > Sincan train station + YHT > Eskisehir).

We had originally planned on just staying in Antalya but now looking at Side. Has anyone been there or to any of the other resorts in the area before? Looks like its only about an hour in a taxi costing about £50 each way.

Side is 75 km away from Antalya and the driving time is more than 1 hr.

If you have time and want to pay less, then you can take i) Havas shuttle from Antalya Airport to Antalya Otogari (the main bus station of Antalya) and ii) any inter-city bus operating to Side. However, if you share the transfer costs with a few others, then taking taxi would be more efficient.

BTW, you can take any of Buzlu Turizm, Kamil Koc and Metro Turizm to go to Eskisehir from Side (or Manavgat) if you are not planning to take a flight to Ankara.

Side is 75 km away from Antalya and the driving time is more than 1 hr.

If you have time and want to pay less, then you can take i) Havas shuttle from Antalya Airport to Antalya Otogari (the main bus station of Antalya) and ii) any inter-city bus operating to Side. However, if you share the transfer costs with a few others, then taking taxi would be more efficient.

BTW, you can take any of Buzlu Turizm, Kamil Koc and Metro Turizm to go to Eskisehir from Side (or Manavgat) if you are not planning to take a flight to Ankara.

Thanks for your help. There are at least 4 of us so I think we will get a taxi.

We have already got flights booked to Ankara at 7am on the Wednesday morning. Our flight gets into Antalya at 11.20pm on the Tuesday night.

Good stuff, are you on the same flights? 7am on the Wed and 6.15pm coming back on the Friday?

Yeah on same flights.

We are in Side booked a package, Apartments are called Cats Garden! Weird name as Cats just S*** in my Garden!

We Fly out this Thursday morning, so if you want to catch up, not sure how to do that on here as a bit of a computer Dinosaur.

Good info appearing on this thread for getting from Ankara to Eskisehir.

Two of us flying into Antalya on the Tuesday night, then catching an internal flight up to Ankara on Wednesday morning, before catching train to Eskeshir. Then heading back down to Antalya on the Friday night to spend a few days in the sun celebrating Saints win!

Aitchy 4 of us plus Baiggers x 4 on Flights, 7am Wedneday 18th, come back Friday 20th at 18:15. The more the merrier.

Hi everybody. I am from İstanbul/Turkey. I wish you a nice trip to Eskişehir. I am sure the fans of both teams are very excited as they rarely have chance in Europe competitions so far. I am a Fenerbahçe fan but I will come to watch the match in Eskişehir with one of my friend who is Eskişehirspor fan.

The easiest way to reach Eskişehir is flying to Ankara and then travel to Eskişehir by high-speed train. First you will take the shuttle services (Havaş) from Ankara Esenboğa Airport to the city center that is 19 Mayıs Stadium stop. Ankara train station (Ankara Garı) is just 300 m from there. You will buy your ticket and take free shuttle service to Sincan train station 1 hour before departure time.

Cheers for this travel info.

Also thanks to all the other guys with all the other info on Travel, has been great.

Where do you recommend staying in Eskisehir, Me, Wife and 2 kids.

More good news to Sabiha Gokcen passengers: Metro Turizm, Buzlu Turizm and Ismail Ayaz have their own shuttles from the airport to their departure points.

Thanks for that. Can you tell me where the departure point might be?

Am I correct in thinking that I could get a bus back to Sabiha Gokcen at 1am or 2am on Friday?

Your help has been invaluable. :D

Cheers for this travel info.

Also thanks to all the other guys with all the other info on Travel, has been great.

Where do you recommend staying in Eskisehir, Me, Wife and 2 kids.

Ibıs Hotel, Verman Hotel and Grand Namlı Hotel. I had this info from my friend who lived in Eskişehir. These hotels are not as expensive as Anemon or Dedepark hotel but they are nice hotels in the city center, close to the stadium and street of bars. You can stay with your family in one of those.

Thanks for that. Can you tell me where the departure point might be?

Am I correct in thinking that I could get a bus back to Sabiha Gokcen at 1am or 2am on Friday?

Your help has been invaluable. :D

Ismail Ayaz recently started direct services from Eskisehir to Sabiha Gokcen Airport. Yes, there are two late night busses (at 2:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m., respectively) leaving Eskisehir on Friday. See the following link for the list of busses from Eskisehir to Sabiha Gokcen Airport (Istanbul) on Friday, June 20th:

http://eticket.ipektr.com/firms_20/Kara2.aspx?265290274256276293268284268318340314305280274250296289246306268318331314271246274272268290318255289271267291255263267287314299246288268290318267290294347289246347259282272252256278314293246288268264318332340360293256276276296308360332340331332360249296276246245

For answering your other question:

Metro Turizm's shuttle takes you to Sancaktepe bus station, which is its departure point. The shuttles operating for Kamil Koc and Buzlu Turizm bring you to Atasehir/Dudullu area. However, Ismail Ayaz has a direct service from Sabiha Gokcen to Eskisehir, so, it is a better option. Ask the airport information desk about the shuttles' locations.

Edited by eseses

Especially for our guests who will stay at least 1 night in EskiÅŸehir there are a lot of places worth to visit.

''ESKISEHIR TANITIM FILMI 2011 ENGLISH'' ( 17 min. film in english) in youtube will help you a lot to learn about EskiÅŸehir.

excellent promotional video. Perth is not quite as big! I'm really looking forward to this trip now. I'm on the official charter flight which I imagine will arrive mid day or early pm on Wednesday - a wee touristy trip would be great for the afternoon/evening - any suggestion from our ESES friends would be most welcome!