The Big Turkey Travel Thread

soulfulsaint

Anybody on the club charter heard anything about the Itinerary (or anything at all) since you booked?

I've not heard a peep though they've took th cash from my account.

Spoke on phone yesterday to travel company regarding my confirmation, and they said they'd hope to have intinerary out late this week

Gosh, do they ask for this at all Turkish airports? Went to Marmaris in 2002 and thought it was only tourist charters they demanded this from. At least it hasn't gone up with inflation.

It's the cost of a Turkish visa.

Please note that Ancient Saint is correct - they don't accept Scottish notes or coins.

Spoke on phone yesterday to travel company regarding my confirmation, and they said they'd hope to have intinerary out late this week

Would be nice if they could even give us an indication of a flight time etc. Really hoping they get an early flight out on the Wednesday so we can get a decent amount of time out there.

Would be nice if they could even give us an indication of a flight time etc. Really hoping they get an early flight out on the Wednesday so we can get a decent amount of time out there.

Really hope it is an early flight. Not just for our benefit, but the players will need time to get used to the climate too

Time to ask a silly question, do we get match tickets via Saints or in Turkey?

Surely Saints will have the tickets. I hope!

The match ticket doesn't appear to be included in the Official Package but I would imagine the club will have them, and we'll just have to pay for them.

On a positive note, Turkish Visa (the English tenner) is included!

Saintdougie, don't you mean 'see you at the airport'? We are on the same flights. Look out for 6 guys in kilts and saints shirts about 5am at edinburgh airport :) come say hi..

Is it this flight which arrives around 3 pm in istanbul, we arrive at that time from manchester, booking hotel in centre of eskisehiser for the wednesday and thursday. Getting the 5 hour bus from istanbul to eSeS about 4/5 so as to be in eses as early as possible to get used to the area. Are any other saintees going to eses for the wednesday night?

The girl said they weren't sure where the plane was coming from and that was causing the delay in itinerary details

I want to see what I think is a palace, looks very Russian but most importantly it has a blue roof

It is the Fairy Castle in Sazova Park. Each tower of this castle is a replica of a famous/historical tower in Turkey:

satoe.png

The park is a bit far away from the stadium though (Sazova Park @ the bottom left corner; Ataturk Stadium -> top right corner):

sazova.png

Edited by eseses

Is it this flight which arrives around 3 pm in istanbul, we arrive at that time from manchester, booking hotel in centre of eskisehiser for the wednesday and thursday. Getting the 5 hour bus from istanbul to eSeS about 4/5 so as to be in eses as early as possible to get used to the area. Are any other saintees going to eses for the wednesday night?

Aye, me +3 plus all those on the charter flight.

forgot about the chartered flight saints fans :? booking a hotel in centre of eses next to the bars so hopefully quite a few saintees sampling a few local beers the night before!

8 of us landing in Ankara at 8.05am so should be in Eskisehir well before 12pm on the Wednesday.

Thats us booked 2 Nights accomodation in Eskishir.

Last day at work tomorrow. Fying out to Turkey on Thursday early am.

Baiggers will see you at the airport on Wednesday 18th.

Will do, we'll be the 4 looking pretty weary from our all nighter in the airport!

I observe the Europe journey of both teams.

Until 2012-2013

EskiÅŸehir was very strong in the first half of 70's. They attended 5 times. 1970-71, 71-72, 72-73, 73-74, 75-76.

St. Johnstone attended 2 times. 1971-72, 1999-2000.

Interestingly, both teams attend Europe cups in 1971-72. EskiÅŸehir to Cup Winners Cup, St. Johnstone UEFA cup.