The Big Turkey Travel Thread

soulfulsaint

Today Beşiktaş transferred Glasgow Rangers goal keeper Allan McGregor for 3 years. Is he a good goal keeper?

Present keeper for Scotland - very good on the pitch, but off it ....

Used to play on loan with us a few years ago.

We had heard of this possiblity - is it confirmed now?

Today Beşiktaş transferred Glasgow Rangers goal keeper Allan McGregor for 3 years. Is he a good goal keeper?

I'd expect the SFA to block the international clearance like they have for the other 6 or 7 players who refused to transfer to the new club.

Not sure how this will be resolved or how long it would take.

Yeah, I read it just now, he is free to move and choose Beşiktaş. It is funny that Beşiktaş is also in deep financial trouble. They are trying to sell their stars and will play with mostly young players next season.

As you know Beşiktaş banned from Europe cups this year because of financial problems.

It is said that Beşiktaş will not pay anything to Rangers. Is his contract finished with Glasgow?

Started out his professional career at St Johnstone (on loan)! Great keeper though, would be interesting to see him in a better league, though he copes well in international games.

To the nice helpful Turks:

How much for a taxi from Ankara airport to Sincan train station?

Is it ridiculous?

Can you just but tickets at Sincan train station for the high speed train to Eskisehir, or do you have too book in advance?

Is it ridiculous?

Can you just but tickets at Sincan train station for the high speed train to Eskisehir, or do you have too book in advance?

when do you arrive at ankara airport

see posts 462 and 463 on this thread

Yeah I seen that, but I wondered how much a taxi was, as getting so many buses in a different country can be a hassle.

The posts don't say if you buy the train ticket at Sincan, only that you buy the ticket at Ankara Gari and get a shuttle to Sincan.

Edited by pavel

Is it ridiculous?

Around 50€ taxies r more expensive then istanbul in ankara

You can buy tickets from Sincan station too. But it is 53 km from airport but as darknEss said it will cost min. 50 euro. Buses are comfortable. No need to take a taxi.

I did not try but it seems you can also buy your ticket from the link below.

http://www.tcdd.gov.tr/tcdding/index.htm

Edited by footballturco

The last information given was on Friday and reads:

"St Johnstone FC are now waiting on absolute confirmation from UEFA but..."

Have they been given this or not, or are they only telling people on the charter just now and everyone else can wait?

Cheers Mike, for telling us of the news....

I've just had an email update from TMG on the charter flight. Not much info in it except that we appear to be flying into Eskisehir airport. I did not realise there was one.

Did you not. This was the main reason we booked the charter. Straight there no fecking aboot. No 6 hour bus journeys and shite like that..

All good :D:D:D