The Big Turkey Travel Thread

soulfulsaint

Just booked internal flights with Turkish Airlines.

Wed 18th Antalya 7am to Ankara 8.05am

Fri 20th Ankara 6.15pm to Antalya 7.15pm

£88.58 each.

Booked the refundable tickets which can be cancelled at least 12 hours before the flight. You get a full refund minus the ticketing service charge which was 20 Turkish Lira (£7) between the 4 of us.

Confirmation that if Eskisehirspor are to be our opponents the game will be played in Eskisehir.

yes it is confirmed by UEFA this week.

and CAS rejected besiktas appeal today, so eses is in uefa. :razz::razz::laugh:

but we should wait UEFA for fenerbahce decision, if they will be banned then ibb is going to play q2 round, eses is going to play pf; otherwise it will be eses - stj

Celtic fan here, coming in peace. Just wanted to wish you well in your European qualifier. I think it'll be very tricky against any Turkish side, whether it's Fener or Eskisehirspor, but hopefully you can snatch an away goal and then get a result in Perth. Losing Sandaza is a big blow but I hugely rate that wee Hasselbaink, hopefully he can fill some of the void left by Fran.

Must be a nightmare not knowing for sure which team you're facing. We had a similar situation last season with that whole Sion debacle, I was wanting to travel to the away game in Madrid but a week before the match we didn't even know if it was going to be us or Sion playing them - total nightmare but it sounds like you've got the right idea by booking flights early doors.

Anyway, best of luck and my fingers are crossed that you can make it to the third round. Would be great to see Scottish clubs getting some success in Europa this year.

Some of their fans are utter idiots, they are apparently preparing a chant calling us dirty uncircumcised bastards.. :laugh:

Should also say, its been confirmed to be at eskisehirispors stadium, and its deffo them we are playing

http://www.tas-cas.org/en/infogenera...0-1092-15-1-1/

and statements on their club website.

Im not having that! Less of the bastards bit!

Some of their fans are utter idiots, they are apparently preparing a chant calling us dirty uncircumcised bastards.. :laugh:

Should also say, its been confirmed to be at eskisehirispors stadium, and its deffo them we are playing

On a serious note; if they do chant something like that could it not be construed as being completely racist/bigoted? If we were to chant something back along similar lines the s**t would hit the fan big time.

Just booked internal flights with Turkish Airlines.

Wed 18th Antalya 7am to Ankara 8.05am

Fri 20th Ankara 6.15pm to Antalya 7.15pm

£88.58 each.

Booked the refundable tickets which can be cancelled at least 12 hours before the flight. You get a full refund minus the ticketing service charge which was 20 Turkish Lira (£7) between the 4 of us.

Baiggers is that £88.58 return or each way?. Had a look a couple of days ago and was about £84 or £114 per flight depending on times?

Will check later as off to 'T'

Cheers

At which point we all lift our Kilts, ala Braveheart style and wave aboot our uncirumcised bell-ends in their general direction!:shock:

yess, we will be 26-july in Scotland,

Amsterdam --> Edinburgh

Great. Look forward to seeing you guys at McDiarmid Park.

For transport questions, this is a good site: www.travelinescotland.com

Probably your best bet is to get the 747 bus to Inverkeithing Rail station for the train or to Ferrytoll Park and Ride for buses.

For accommodation, try these:

http://www.scottish-towns.co.uk/perthshire/perth/accommodation.html

http://www.perthshire.co.uk/index.asp?cat=accommodation

Edited by Born2Bru

Fenerbahce's appeal is still to be heard. Eses are definitely in the europa league, but will only play us if this appeal is also rejected.

Many thanks to all our Turkish friends who have posted so much useful information.

Could any of you tell me where are the departure points in Istanbul for the express buses to Eskisehir?

Looking forward to the game and a stopover in Turkey

Buses from the main Istanbul station in Bayrampasa near the old town take 6 hours. If you are based on the other side of the Bosphorous, then buses from the Dudullu bus station take just over 5 hours. I am in the old town so will take the slower bus, as it would take me an extra hour to cross the town anyway.

Buses from the main Istanbul station in Bayrampasa near the old town take 6 hours. If you are based on the other side of the Bosphorous, then buses from the Dudullu bus station take just over 5 hours. I am in the old town so will take the slower bus, as it would take me an extra hour to cross the town anyway.

According to our EsEs contributors, it may take more than an hour to get across the city due to work on the Bosphorus Bridge.

Celtic fan here, coming in peace. Just wanted to wish you well in your European qualifier. I think it'll be very tricky against any Turkish side, whether it's Fener or Eskisehirspor, but hopefully you can snatch an away goal and then get a result in Perth. Losing Sandaza is a big blow but I hugely rate that wee Hasselbaink, hopefully he can fill some of the void left by Fran.

Must be a nightmare not knowing for sure which team you're facing. We had a similar situation last season with that whole Sion debacle, I was wanting to travel to the away game in Madrid but a week before the match we didn't even know if it was going to be us or Sion playing them - total nightmare but it sounds like you've got the right idea by booking flights early doors.

Anyway, best of luck and my fingers are crossed that you can make it to the third round. Would be great to see Scottish clubs getting some success in Europa this year.

Nice one R45 - cheers

Thanks a lot. That helps me decide where to stay

Cheers

Amsterdam party at schiphol for onward saints to Istanbul? We'll be there Wednesday morning, on the 0600 flight out of Aberdeen. Can we organise a venga party bus to Eses, sure somebody mentioned something earlier in the thread??

check Jamie Beatons thread "Istanbul to Eski...."

Ekayisdag OR Eseses...........Once we get to ATATURK then locate this HAVAS SHUTTLE which takes us to KOZYATAGI........How often are Buses to ESKISEHIR from KOZYATAGI(times)....How long is the journey AND is there a bus that takes us to and from a part close to the Stadium ?

Any idea on cost of bus from KOZYATAGI to ESKISEHIR ?

Thanks.

There are several long-distance bus lines operating between Istanbul and Eskisehir. All start the travel from Esenler Bus Station (Esenler Otogari) on the European side of Istanbul. As you may already know, there's a high traffic in Istanbul and it takes more than an hour to leave the city of Istanbul. Therefore, in my previous message (on pg. 18), I suggested you to take Havas shuttles (operating at both airports in Istanbul) to Kozyatagi, which is a hub for the long-distance busses leaving Istanbul.

However, I had to make a few corrections at this point:

- Havas might not operate within Istanbul anymore:

http://www.sabihagokcen.aero/havas_shuttle

So, we have to forget about Kozyatagi option. However, Havas is still operating between Sabiha Gokcen Airport and Izmit, which is the neighboring city (Izmit is also known as Kocaeli; that city was hit by a major earthquake in 1999 as you may remember). This looks a fairly good option for two reasons: i) you don't need to deal with Istanbul's heavy traffic at the end of your trip; ii) almost all the busses operating between Istanbul and Eskisehir stop at Izmit (except the express ones). There might also be bus services between Izmit and Eskisehir, so, those would be an option for you.

- Instead of Havas, another shuttle line named "Havatas" serves from Ataturk and Sabiha Gokcen Airports to Kadikoy and Taksim regions. However, both Kadikoy and Taksim are not the preferred destinations if your ultimate aim is to find a bus to Eskisehir. Taksim is considered the heart of modern Istanbul, take shuttles to Taksim if you want to stay in Istanbul for a few days.

For the ones using Ataturk Airport, taking metro (subway) from Ataturk Airport to Esenler Otogar (main bus station in Istanbul and the starting point for all long-distance busses as I mentioned above) is the best option:

http://www.ataturkairport.com/en-EN/Transportation/Pages/Metro.aspx

Then, you will have tons of options in terms of bus companies such as

- Ismail Ayaz

- Buzlu Turizm

- Kamil Koc

- Metro Turizm

All of those companies have hourly service to Eskisehir and the prices vary between 35,00 to 40,00 TL, which is very reasonable for a 5-6 h travel with luxury busses.