Attire in Turkey

Broon

darknEss - can you tell us where the best bars etc are in Eskisehir?

Best bars on bars street easy to find, downtown of Esk. is not that big when u reach to CARSI station with tramway then u have 15 mins to walk bars street. im sure some of EsEs fan will show u the way but if we meet with u, i will invite to a Turkish style pub name is artvinliler, very popular place for us specially before games its really close to Ataturk stadium, dont expect a fancy or regular bar but they have cold beer and delicious food with good price.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was speaking to a delivery guy that drops off radiators at my work from Turkey today and he told me not to wear any stone island gear (I had a si jumper on at the time) as the police associate that with hooligans and may pick me up on it. Just thought id let anybody know planning on wearing any, could any of the Turkish fans confirm this or is he just pulling my leg. He's from Istanbul as well which is maybe a bit worse for trouble.

but if we meet with u, i will invite to a Turkish style pub name is artvinliler, very popular place for us specially before games its really close to Ataturk stadium, dont expect a fancy or regular bar but they have cold beer and delicious food with good price.

Sounds like an excellent idea!

Slainte. (ÅŸerefe, I think).

Was speaking to a delivery guy that drops off radiators at my work from Turkey today and he told me not to wear any stone island gear (I had a si jumper on at the time) as the police associate that with hooligans and may pick me up on it. Just thought id let anybody know planning on wearing any, could any of the Turkish fans confirm this or is he just pulling my leg. He's from Istanbul as well which is maybe a bit worse for trouble.

Sounds like stupid. Wear whatever u want none of the cops will try to pick u up coz of a shirt.

Beer 50cl around 1.5€ from supermarkets if u go a pub 2.5€

Water 50cl 40 cents

Regular not fancy meal 7-8€

U will find mcds or bk but come on u should not eat american fast food in Turkey. There r a lot of different options here coz most of university students eat out at home which is cheaper then cook. Just find the street where the all bars, everything is there; beer, food etc

Thanks for that, its Turkish Lira to our pound I was wondering, I reckon we are about 1.20 Euro to the pound.

I'm going with my wee lad so familiar food for him will be a good thing.

Hopefully meet on Bar Street for a pint.

I wouldn't trust anything over there , esp wi some of their fans posting on the Facebook page ( official saints one) , don't seem to friendly!

Do not take serious ''Welcome to Hell'' comments. It is very classical for European matches.

You will see how friendly Turkish people are.

The only way you may take reaction could be being very drunk and doing nonsense things.

Think he was actually talking about the UK. Isn't stone island the attire of the casuals?

Just leave your SI jumper at home. It'll be too hot for wearing that.

Do not take serious ''Welcome to Hell'' comments. It is very classical for European matches.

You will see how friendly Turkish people are.

The only way you may take reaction could be being very drunk and doing nonsense things.

Well I think he is actually referring more to the following :

"The first football match you want to go through the first match we are going to do fine here, so we'll see fans wear skirts Scottish çiftelelli oynucaz you bitch you are all together with your child you amk amk amoeba uncircumcised dirty bastards gavurları amk ULAAN FORZA TURKEY TURKEY"

comments, the "**** you, skirted" picture (referring to kilts).

The first response to someone asking about beaches being "Shut up man skirt.", the guy who posted

(a partially google translated) :

"ağırlaycaz ohnstone you in the best fans in lap, remove your finger :) Scots Scottish skirt fagot who wants to watch the match happens, the children find us:"

"I shout to the men swearing man: D: D uncircumcised uncircumcised aq: D We already put girmiycez polemic geççez Melih: D;) "

" Sünnetsiz ibneler :) / Uncircumcised faggots"

If they are singing songs like that, I wouldnt expect them to be in the Europa league too long!

As someone else stated, this sort of stuff died a good while ago in scottish football (for the most part at least)!

Mate we have a lot of young or noneducated fans and im sure sometimes u had same problems. If they could speak english im sure thay act different. Please ignore them. Im sure u will hear a lot of good things from ur fans who will come here. Please go and read our forum pages u cant see any bad comment about St. Johnstone. Facebook is bullshit smthms

Mate we have a lot of young or noneducated fans and im sure sometimes u had same problems. If they could speak english im sure thay act different. Please ignore them. Im sure u will hear a lot of good things from ur fans who will come here. Please go and read our forum pages u cant see any bad comment about St. Johnstone. Facebook is bullshit smthms

I honestly wouldn't think our fans would, when met with friendly attitudes on a site like that bring in religious issues into the fray (we get enough of that here!), nevertheless, I can agree it is probably a small minority, thing is, if that was happening the other saints fans would be telling them to shut their gubs. Ah well.

4 skins attire in Turkey

Indeed - Foreskins is the attire!

Edited by Sainteesean
added "(we get enough of that here!)"

OK I'll not wear a Fez,

I thought it was just a simple friendly gesture and not an insult. In fact it didn't just exist in Turkey but Greece, the whole of north Africa and started in Casablanca, Morrocco. In fact it came into being because hats were awkward for Muslims when they put their heads down to the ground several times for prayer.

armeé française

I honestly wouldn't think our fans would, when met with friendly attitudes on a site like that bring in religious issues into the fray (we get enough of that here!), nevertheless, I can agree it is probably a small minority, thing is, if that was happening the other saints fans would be telling them to shut their gubs. Ah well.

Indeed - Foreskins is the attire!

They are some ignorant children. Real EskiÅŸehir fans, the majority, will not let them behave like that, otherwise punish them.

EskiÅŸehir is an open-minded city not a very religious one.

But this is internet, there are always some percentage of idiots.

Saints fans do not pay attention to the retards that post on the facebook pages, they're most probably some 12-13 year old juveniles with no idea of what it means to be an Eskisehirspor fan. I'm going to check on this later tonight and give these little idiots a piece of my mind. I'm currently at work and facebook is blocked unfortunately.

There are a few that are probably fans of rivals as well as they've been known in the past to go in and start trouble with our opponents. You will see for yourselves how modern of a city Eskisehir is and how hospitable we can be. Eskisehir is one of the best cities in Turkiye, for me it is the best I love everything about it. Gametime if any one of these facebook kids mouthed off like they do on the internet they would be beat on site by real Eskisehirspor fans.

Saints fans do not pay attention to the retards that post on the facebook pages, they're most probably some 12-13 year old juveniles with no idea of what it means to be an Eskisehirspor fan. I'm going to check on this later tonight and give these little idiots a piece of my mind. I'm currently at work and facebook is blocked unfortunately.

There are a few that are probably fans of rivals as well as they've been known in the past to go in and start trouble with our opponents. You will see for yourselves how modern of a city Eskisehir is and how hospitable we can be. Eskisehir is one of the best cities in Turkiye, for me it is the best I love everything about it. Gametime if any one of these facebook kids mouthed off like they do on the internet they would be beat on site by real Eskisehirspor fans.

Good to hear. Like wise if any Saints fans, Young or Old have had a wee bit too much to drink and are being rude or offensive while we are guests in your city they shall be made a fool of and get a stearn talking to.

i guarentee that it will be very comfortable for you guys to visit eskisehir, and there is no danger; believe me. the majortiy will be glad for your visit and wait you to exchange scarf. and i am sure that there is no danger for anyone in eskisehir except a few turkish teams. so do not take into account such fanatic expressions. there is no need to think about them.

here is the real esas fan waiting for you:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8lQ9cpvomkzKy1h-9gY9ENMDyDumob0PHjk41F1UbvmV9hWgLPgHFLe6R-A

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmaO9fsBzxgWefXDq7S6IXQvI4xx3UoIEud-Kx0e6KSrNGN_POVeWDI75i

http://www.365gunspor.com/resimler/habergorsel/eses_tribunsov.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vMjTCg_mad4/SuNvbhwliZI/AAAAAAAAH9w/LafVSdxyu_w/s400/eses.jpg

http://felsefesis.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/koreofoto2.jpg