Newco Starts in Div3.....

will_dewar

So whats the thoughts on The Rangers starting life in Div3 and how will it affect everyone else?

I for one, will be trying to punt a bit more money Saints way if at all possible, to help make up any shortfall.

For a start, the laddie will be getting a new strip whether he likes it or not :D

Unsure about the ST though at the moment, I'll have to see if any fixture date changes f**k up my plans.

Note: Who is this "Rangers" you speak of:?:

I for one, will be trying to punt a bit more money Saints way if at all possible, to help make up any shortfall.

For a start, the laddie will be getting a new strip whether he likes it or not :D

Unsure about the ST though at the moment, I'll have to see if any fixture date changes f**k up my plans.

Note: Who is this "Rangers" you speak of:?:

i posted...The Rangers as they are now renamed.

I'm waiting for a 'but' - so far so good, and a statement from Longmuir seems to indicate it is a simple decision of Div 3, we need a 42 team league structure, full stop. He has come out of an awful situation with a degree of respect left in tact. A lot more than can be said of his SPL counterpart, who must surely now be removed from his post forceably.

Well done to the SFL sides who both voted with integrity, and did an excellent job of keeping fans informed. Much can be learned from clubs like Clyde keeping 500 or so fans up to speed, compared to many SPL clubs, including Saints, who were very poor at publicising important information.

'mon the new season!

The result of today's vote was the only morally acceptable one. But am I the only one still thinking this one has a bit to run yet...? Yorkston seemed to suggest that the SPL might do something to put a spanner in the works on Monday when they decide on "Club 12"...

well the sfa doncaster and regan that is clearly wanted rangers in division one.

they are only thinking of money not about integrity.

this is the right result for scottish football. although if the new proposals have anything to go by rangers might get into an spl2 after next season. this was one proposal, this is still wrong though, why should they be able to jump league

Well, well - who'd have thought it 6 months ago...this all rather reminds me of a lttle tale we all know.

A vain Emperor who cares for nothing but his appearance and attire hires two tailors who are really swindlers that promise him the finest, best suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is unfit for his position or "just hopelessly stupid". The Emperor cannot see the cloth himself, but pretends that he can for fear of appearing unfit for his position; his ministers do the same. When the swindlers report that the suit is finished, they mime dressing him and the Emperor then marches in procession before his subjects, who play along with the pretense. Suddenly, a child in the crowd, too young to understand the desirability of keeping up the pretense, blurts out that the Emperor is wearing nothing at all and the cry is taken up by others. The Emperor cringes, suspecting the assertion is true, but holds himself up proudly and continues the procession. After this experience, the Emperor vows never to be so vain again and take his position more seriously.

So maybe we will have Fallen Emperor FC in div 3

SPL 2 proposed - Hopefully SFL divisions, in turn, tell them to go away and it leaves SPL 2 with only Rangers in it.

Then Rangers will be proposed as Team 12 - Hopefully SPL tell them to go away.

Then Rangers can start life in SFL 3 as per today's decision.

as far as I can tell this is where we are:

- SFL clubs voted 29-1 on resolution 1, to allow Sevco entry to the SFL.

- they voted No to resolution 2 which would have allowed the board of the SFL to decide which league they were in.

SFL therefore would be happy to accept them into sfl3 should they apply and get an sfa license.

However, Sevco/Rangers are now saying they expect SPL2.

http://t.co/3AFcokc4

The SPL chairman need to come out and kill this dead before it goes any further...

Stevie? Over to you again!

Guys

I am going to lock this thread. We already have two other threads running on the rangers saga:

Ibrox latest http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?t=17621&page=137

Open Letter too http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=18318

We really don't need a third.

The decision today is not the end of this saga and its going to run and run.