Livingston vs. Saints 23/09/06

Guest imported_Jamie_Beatson

No disrespect to Kevin James but Ando is a class act at centre half and should be given a starting place on merit after his recent performances. KJ would be handy coming off the bench for the last 10 minutes of a game we were chasing ala Calderwoods' tactics when at the Pars.

totally Ando has earned his place in th team, KJ should not of walked back in there on saturday. It was odds on that he was going to make a mistake and to be blunt it cost us 2 points. Its not really fair on KJ either puts him in a very difficult position, with players and fans.

I like James alot but at the moment the form centrback pairing is the one that finished the game and it should of been stuck with. Sorry OC but if it aint broke dont fix it. To be honest the team that beat United should of started on saturday, they earned that right.

Its just a small wrankle really and We still played really well though, and if we can maintain it I might start getting excited :lol::lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an absolute disgrace. We beat an SPL side 3-0 and the manager decides that the team isn't good enough to take on the cream of Division 1. Anderson was excellent when he came on; I was at the game with a Caley Thistle supporting mate who thought that Ando was one of the very few players on show who would make the ICT team. Those defending Lawrie must have been trapped in Livi Nitespot for the first half; he was atrocious. The defence/goalie played like my University intra-mural team, and McLaren might as well have passed back to Wight every time he got the ball. Hardie was a head on a stick for the whole game and Peaso was predictably unfit when he came on. Having said that, we were still the better team by far, trapping Livi in their half for much of the game. If the manager and players can get their collective act together, we'll be mid-table in the SPL by this time next year.

i have not had time to read the rest of the replies so i will just say what i thought of the game.

I was glad when james got taken off, sure it was not good for him to be injured but he has never inspired confidence in me.

the livi goal was horrible, a great finish from their point of view but the guy should not have been given the chance to get it. We should have pumped them in the first half.

Saints had great passing in the first everyone seemed to know where everyone else was which keeped the motion going.

The second half we had no answer to livi, if they were better they would have gubbed us in the second half it was not good at all. we seemed to lack everything when we were being attacked on.

I thought sherridan should have been booked in the first half he was a bit slack with some tackels. was good to see the refree keep it flowing though.

a draw was fair if we had played in the second 45 like we did in the first it would have been good!

we can take rangers :) well at least push them a bit, we have nothing to loose!

How on earth did Halliwell mistake the wee round white thing for the big, long streaky blue thing? Great catch Halliwell - oh wait, thats Kevin James, bloody donkey. Dodgy keeper if you ask me, scares the crap out of me any time the ball goes into the box from the wings. Fair enough he looks a good shot stopper and I'm sure thats enough for this level but thats about that.

My view on the match.

Livi are crap and were there for the beating.

Hardie will always be a hit or a miss, he traps the ball further than I can kick it, but is definately a threat to the opposition. A definate liability, always likely to be booked and will be sent off at least once in a season, he is an enigma, you never know what you will get from him during a match.

Shez (here we go), his last ditch tackle at the end saved us but it was his fault in the first place, he was making up for his balls up.

He gave the ball away several times in key positions and lost out on more than a few tackles.

He did pass better along the deck though rather than his normal floaters.

MOM, yer havin' a laugh :shock:

Ando, there is no doubt he is a far better defender than Bambi, but we would miss out on Bambi's areal threat if he wasn't there. A real dilema for Coyle, but Ando deserves his place in the team.

Willie McLaren, those not at Firhill are thinking he is useless, cannot argue with them on the last two performances, but he is a classy wee player and will do the biz I'm sure.

Overall

When the long thru ball doesn't work (Livi done their homework on that) we still need that midfield playmaker to step us up.

Ando, there is no doubt he is a far better defender than Bambi, but we would miss out on Bambi's areal threat if he wasn't there. A real dilema for Coyle, but Ando deserves his place in the team.

Actually it struck me that with him not there on Tuesday especially and to some extent on Saturday that we looked more dangerous from corners when he wasent there as we have other bigish guys that can get their heads to a ball and the opposition did not have the obvious 'well we just need to mark the 6 foot 5 guy' option. Dont know if anyone else noticed that?

Actually it struck me that with him not there on Tuesday especially and to some extent on Saturday that we looked more dangerous from corners when he wasent there as we have other bigish guys that can get their heads to a ball and the opposition did not have the obvious 'well we just need to mark the 6 foot 5 guy' option. Dont know if anyone else noticed that?

I see what your saying actually. In the last 2 games without James I think Mensing has looked a huge ariel threat. By far our best header of the ball.

I wasn't there on saturday, but I do not understand why Kevin James walked straight back into the team. He only trained on Friday, so could not be 100% fit, and Coyle was breaking up a defencive partnership that were good enough to get a clean sheet against an SPL side.

I have criticised Ando in the past, but his performances recently remind me of the turn-a-round in Ruti's play last season. He deserves to partner McManus in defence on pure form alone.

I have never liked Hardie playing upfront. He is just simply not good enough to play there. Jackson must be wondering what he has to do to actually get a chance. His pace would cause any defence problems, and we need to start giving him decent outings in the first team.

The writing could be on the wall for Peaso, as if he can not get fit then he is going to struggle. Dobbie COULD come back in January with a good few goals under his belt, fully fit and full of confidence, which, IMO, would push Peaso behind Scotland, Milne, Dobbie and Jacko.

I agree with you there, Shaggy. On Tuesday when we had set pieces, we had a number of players to aim for and it wasn't obvious to the opposition who the ball would be played to. Keeps 'em guessing!

I think Ando deserves to keep his place in the team and unless his performances dip, James should be on the bench when he returns. Chelsea did that with John Terry on Saturday, made him sit on the bench

I think Ando deserves to keep his place in the team and unless his performances dip, James should be on the bench when he returns. Chelsea did that with John Terry on Saturday, made him sit on the bench

No he wasn't, was he? Highlights showed him in one of the directors' boxes. Can't see what the advantages would be of him on the bench, as OC and JW will be responsible for giving out the orders.