Dundee vs. Saints 30/09/06

Radford 72

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another bad result, although we're unbeaten I suppose!

That hides the fact teams dont win enough. Win one, lose one and you have 3 points but being unbeaten with two draws is only 2 points remember.

Who is going to be the first to say that is always difficult against 10 men I wonder... :?::roll:

I guess i'll be the first poster back from the game as my flat is 5 mins from that scummy arena they call dens.

Absolutely gutted, especially with the way the other results went. First half we were in total control but in the second (apart from a couple of chances) we were very poor.

Jason wasn't at the races today, Hardie was poor and Lawrie (who put in a cracking ball for the goal & i thought was having a no bad game) was made to look like a diddy for their goal.

In the last 5 mins when they were down to 9 men we continued to pump long balls up when it would have made much more sense to keep it on the deck and stretch them.

I'd forgotten how much i hated Andy McLaren too - cheating scumbag!! Alex Rae and Greg Strong are absolute w**ks too.

Man of the match goes to Mensing who was a stand out once again.

The league is still ours...............

Very poor against 10 men for 82 mins!!

Thats why we lose titles, we never take advantage when teams we're close so slip up!

Another bad result, although we're unbeaten I suppose!

Spot on.

We'll be bridesmaids again this year.

Far too many under par performances. Savo wasn't fit, Jason was trying to avoid getting injured ahead of his jaunt home, Hardie's second touch is a tackle. Goran just isn't a full-back.

No doubt someone will slag Andy Lawrie for the goal (and ignore his fantastic cross for Sheerin's peach of a volley) but it wasn't a mistake, he was simply beaten by a better player.

We peaked against Dundee United, and have been struggling with injuries etc since then.

No team has beaten us yet- why the panic?

Dundee didn't threaten us at all apart from their one chance in the match which definately should have been stopped on the line by Anderson, who decided to lift his foot over the ball.

The team are carrying injuries and look tired overall, a week off should helkp us come back refreshed to beat Gretna.

The league is still ours- the negativity here is unbellievable.

Thought we were lacking in all departments today. Too many stray passes falling to Dundee players.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Dundee were the better football side they made less mistakes.

Alex Rae deserves a good kicking, him and McLaren were continually trying to get Saints players booked.

Great Support again pity Tayside Police had to wade in and eject folk for no reason at all.

Still unbeaten in the league, a win would have been great, but 1-1 isn't the end of the world, expecially considering we have players who are playing through injuries.

We should have went for the jugular once we scored the first goal, but again sat back, panicked and made defensive errors which cost us a win.

I assume that the Dundee player had a kick at Anderson for the red card, seemed that after the 50/50 tackle the Coags legs were flailing- Andersons reaction suggested that he had been kicked after the ball was away.

I was working today. I believe that means I can't comment on whether today was good enough or not. Some people sound like OF fans, not at the game but can say that it won't do.

I came home saw the result, the other results and the league table. That has made me relatively happy. Could have been a lot worse IMO.

Lacked urgency nearly all game,lacked leadership on and off the park,and worse of all lacked professionalism!Agree with all Radford's points too.Totally pissed off,feels like a defeat!

Lending my support at Ibrox tomorrow to ASC sorry AFC,hope there's more entertainment than that shiye today!

Can you blame us, not being able to score against 9 and 10 men!

Not title winning material!

It would have been to our advantage to play against 11 men, 10 men with a forward off just gives you a tighter defence to beat.

We are still sitting joint top you would think we were joint bottom to read some of these posts.

If you win your home and draw your away you will be top or pretty dam close

SJC comments about the negativity here but no wonder there is negativity! I thought we were excellent in the first half, keeping the ball on the ground and spreading across the pitch and capped it with a great goal. Second half saw a completely different team. We sat back and thought we had the game won. Far too often the ball was hoofed to milne and scotland who disappeared in the second half. Play the ball into jason's feet and you get success. Thought Coyle's substitutions were wrong today aswell, Sheridan had a good game, didn't allow dundee's midfield much room and spread the ball about. Although Scotland wasn't having his best game you still feel he could create something out of nothing but he was replaced by a winger! Thought second half was typified when Anderson had all the time in the world, danced around the ball before launching it out for a dundee goalkick! If we play like we did in the first I feel we can beat anybody in this league but to sit back and invite a team on us is asking for trouble.

Uncredibly frustrating today - saints dont seem to be able to take advantage of situations like these. We should be playing the ball on the deck when the opposition have 9 men but instead we were pumping the ball up the park to no-one excpet booby mann :twisted: . But its not all bad - still ahead of dundee and joint top of the league so its not all bad folks :) . Freeland is a numpty - that is all.

Two difficult away games and 2 points gained, but 4 points dropped given the circumstances.

If we beat Gretna (up and down form to say the least) we'll have taken 5 points from 3 difficult games.

We were always going to suffer a dip in performance after the United game, but nobody has beaten us despite it. We should have the best team and squad in this division, hopefully the players can turn these performances into wins.

Two difficult away games and 2 points gained, but 4 points dropped given the circumstances.

It's the same as every other season though (apart from Connolly's). Being unbeaten is largely irrelevant, although a nice stat to trot out.

Better to win one, lose one than get two draws.

Draws killed us last season.

We've never been at the top of the league at this stage of the season though!

Joint top anyway! What did you see from Dundee today? Battled well with 10 men fair enough but Lawrie definately should have prevented the cross, and Anderson should have stopped the ball on the line.

Come on man keep the faith here, it's usually me thats negative as well.