2012-2013 Player Of The Year Awards Night

Confirmed tonight that this seasons  player of the year awards will take place at McDiarmid Park on Saturday 4th May 7pm for 7.30pm,  but like last year the bar will be open from 5pm for those who are not at Tannadice.

The format  will be the same as last season with a  quality buffet seved in each suite before the various awards are presented in the main stand. Then afterwards  into the Muirton Suite for a good drink and some  singing and dancing. The price has also been pegged at last years  £25 for adults and £10 for under 18's.

WAP will be presenting two awards. Player of the year and Young player of the year. The numbers are limited to 250. The club have  distributed  some tickets  between the various supporters clubs ( although not all supporters clubs were represented at tonights planning meeting ( Edinburgh, Glasgow and Highland Saints as well as  Auchterarder Saints) If any of the reps from these clubs would like tickets for their group please contact Roddy  Grant at Saints  on
01738 459090 as soon as possible. The club will also be selling tickets direct  probably from the start of next week. The evening was sold out quickly last year, so if you want to attend please  don't  leave it to long to  avoid disappointment

I have been given 16 tickets to sell to WAP users who wish to attend the event.( if I need a few more, I may be able to  get  a couple ). I am now taking names ( I hope to have tickets  in my possession by this Friday).

If you want a ticket from me, please  PM me as soon as possible.

Jailtours, Barossa Saints and the 208 Saints have also been given an allocation so if you are involved with these  clubs then please contact them for your tickets.

Hopefully a few wins  before the night will make it a great  evening and we can  show our appreciation for the players great efforts over this season.

Ghostie.

As Ghostie touched on above, WAP will again be presenting awards on the night and over the next few days, the Young Player of the Year poll will appear online. As has been the case in the last couple of years, the WAP Player of the Year award will be based on the votes cast and open to all forum members in the weekly Man of the Match awards over the course of the season and the Inverness match will be the last game to count towards the award this year. The poll for the Inverness game won't run as long as usual, so as to give Ghostie a chance to get trophies engraved etc...

Sounds like it will be a good night. Unfortunately the short notice means it's unlikely any of the Edinburgh based guys will be able to attend, as we've already booked our train to/back from Dundee and it would be too expensive to change our plans now. Just a shame a date wasn't announced earlier as we were talking the other week about coming through for this. Suppose we'll just have to wait for next year then.

Problem was until the fixtures were announced for games after the split, they could not give a date for the P.O.T.Y. awards, as they wanted to hold it when we had an away fixture.

Reason given.......if we had a home fixture, which includes " Hospitality", there would be insufficient time to turn things around to have the place ready.

Problem was until the fixtures were announced for games after the split, they could not give a date for the P.O.T.Y. awards, as they wanted to hold it when we had an away fixture.

Reason given.......if we had a home fixture, which includes " Hospitality", there would be insufficient time to turn things around to have the place ready.

Another reason to get rid of the split then! :wink:

Last year was a great night out, we got some interesting insights from the Steve's (Lomas and Brown) Muzz managed to get a Young Player of the Year Award and even Ando spoke on the mic, albeit to tell Muzz to GIRUY :D

So if you can make it come along, it is a good fun evening with the players, management team and Directors and the food and drink go down really well (and easily.....)

I am now in possession of 16 tickets for the Saints supporters annual player of the year awards on Saturday 4th may from 7pm at McDiarmid Park. Actually make that 10 as 6 have already gone. Fear not though as tickets can also be bought direct from McD and from some of the supporters clubs who have allocations for their members. There are though, only 250 tickets available, and they will sell out fast. So if you want a ticket for what is always a great night, then either contact me, your supporters club or McDiarmid Park. Do not delay...

If anyone requires  Player of the Year tickets for next Saturday nights awards dinner, I will have 7 with me at todays game. £25 for adults, £10 for under 18's and kids under 12 free. Just pop along to the Ormond end of the East Stand either before kick- off or at half time and I will sort you out.

Cheers.

Ghostie. :wink: 

Guest Mongy Max

===================

You'll remember him Kevin, he'll be the one with half a ruby spilled down his shirt.

Who?? The Craig Beattie of the highlands, he does exist but nae fecker has seen him

Two WAP trophys engraved and back in my possession ( which is much better than last year).And we finally got Andos name engraved  as last years winner.

Winners  are.. WAP player of the year.......Alan Mannus.

Young player of the year............................Mehdi Abied.

The guys from retro  world footie shirts have I believe, bough a  new, one off trophy,  to use  due to the fact that their shield has not been returned by Jody Morris ( unless it has happened in the last couple of days)

WAP goal of the season.............................Paddy Cregg v Motherwell.

I will be asking the club to retain the trophys this year and possibly display them due to the fact that both winners may not be with us come this time next year, and although I am not suggesting they would be difficult to get back but the Morris thing shows the problems that can occur.

Thanks to everyone who vited  both throughout the season and in the two other polls that were posted . Thanks also to Radford for his usual excellent help..

I havent decided who is presenting the trophys yet but it is likely I will do the PotY ( unless anyone  else wants to, in which case gibe me a shout ASAP)

Finally, I still have 6 tickets left for the evening priced at £25 for adults, £10 for under 18's and free for under 12's ( accompanied by  an adult).

I will have them with me at Tannadice should anyone decide they want one last minute.  If anyone wants one  anyway, please contact me ASAP.

Cheers.

Ghostie