Famous Footballing Quotations

LethamChippy

Lionel Letizi (PSG)
"I'd been told about the incredible atmosphere but could not believe how loud it was.
"When we arrived and walked out on to the pitch, the stadium was empty because we were early.
"We went back inside to change and when we walked into the tunnel we could hear a rumbling noise.
"And when we went back on to the pitch I could not believe my ears. The sound was terrifying and the game had not even started yet.
"I then had to walk to my goal and when the referee blew his whistle to start the match the sound which came from the stand at my back almost knocked me over.
"It was amazing and I am really looking forward to experiencing this again - as a Rangers player.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona)
"It is not just made up that players can suffer from an intimidating atmosphere when they play at visiting grounds.
"I know from Ruud (Ruud van Nistelrooy) that when we beat PSV at Ibrox in the Champions League he thought it was very frightening. He said it was one of the most atmospheric matches he had ever experienced - and now he has to face it again. For him to come back to Ibrox it will be the same experience.
"I know that Manchester United's players face all the biggest games and full stadiums everywhere, but I think most of them will find this Wednesday night at Ibrox a really different atmosphere.
"I've played in England and I don't think that any stadium in the Premiership can compare with Ibrox for its intimidating atmosphere - it is far above them."

Dado Prso (Monaco)
"The atmosphere was incomparable, and I had goosebumps throughout the match," he said of the 2-2 draw, despite spending the first 56 minutes on the bench.
Since then, I have never experienced anything as intense in any of the other European stadia I've played football in. Rangers are the club I needed to join. They are a club in my own image, and their ambitions are on the same level as my own."

James Forrest's stoppage-time strike took Celtic into the Champions League group stage after a dramatic aggregate win over Shakhter whilst the mighty Rangers get beaten on their travels from Berwick by some other minnows in the Micky Mouse Cup.

Fatty says "We want to win every competition we are in, but it will be tough against Queen of the South!

Oh how the mighty have fallen - King David, in some religeous tome. Lets not go there eh Chipmunk!!!!

Edited by Saintdunc

James Forrest's stoppage-time strike took Celtic into the Champions League group stage after a dramatic aggregate win over Shakhter whilst the mighty Rangers get beaten on their travels from Berwick by some other minnows in the Micky Mouse Cup.

Fatty says "We want to win every competition we are in, but it will be tough against Queen of the South!

Oh how the mighty have fallen - King David, in some religeous tome. Lets not go there eh Chipmunk!!!!

The Glory of the Rangers lies not in never failing, but in returning stronger than ever before due to the challenges over-come. We learn from our past. We cherish our grand story. Our founders, just young lads, set the standards by which the Rangers exist to-day; hard-work, determination, loyalty and, above all else, the inherent desire to make Rangers FC the premier club of this fine country. Our greatest days lie ahead, and nothing can stop this Old Club from achieving its goals when all look forward with the same ambition. March on, Rangers! For every-day we make history. And a glorious history it is."